• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

What's our game plan for Cincy?

IMO we should start Travis Brown and maybe even Burns just to see what we have. Obviously that wouldn't be the best indicator, but it would tell us how well each knows our system and give us an idea of Brown's mechanics.

I just don't see much point in starting Drew just to have him pad his stats. I think we can accomplish something with this game and we're really not playing for anything other than the Pats' draft pick which may not even be affected by a win.

Anyway, we should be able to beat the Bungals even if we start Van Pelt, Morris, CJ, and Rone. They've got to be one of the worst teams of the decade defensively speaking.

Thoughts?
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

I forgot about the draft pick. I guess we should start Drew to make that draft pick as bad as possible at this point. I would like to see Brown but we don't see how he is doing in practice and what not. It's possible they have already given up on him. My feeling is after two years he ought to be ready to play if he's ever going to make it. Not expecting him to go in and be great but he should be able to run the offense and use all the weapons. The draft is deep with QB's this could be an opportunity to get a future star and properly mentor him on the sidelines. I know this will be unpopular but this is a great time to draft a QB. We've got a veteran and another smart guy holding the clipboard.

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

I don’t like it at all. Many people paid good money to see an NFL game. Don’t screw them over by starting some NFL Europe QB. Plus, I don’t feel like ending the season by losing to the Bungles. This is Drew’s team. Let Drew play. Starting Brown would do very little to help his career and very little for the Bills.
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

I agree Typo, everyone wants a QB waiting in the wings. Well if you want that, then draft a good one. Use our 3rd or 4th rounder.
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Wys Guy
          • Jul 2002

We should be able to beat the Bungals w/ our eyes closed!

Of course the same was true about the Lions, Texans, and Bears and they all stretched us to the final minutes!

Besides, depending upon how things shake out, the draft spot may not make any difference at all. The irony is that whatever we lose for the Pats, we also lose for ourselves in round 2 where a couple of picks may make a bigger difference in terms of getting a "spillover" player that we have our eyes on.

As to the fans, hey, if Drew plays the way he has lately, then I'd be begging for Brown, Van Pelt, or even RJ to come back and play. The risk of starting Drew is what if he stinks the joint up again. Man oh man, that would not be good nine-ways-to-Sunday!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
            We should be able to beat the Bungals w/ our eyes closed!

!
            Tell that to The Saints

Yu want Travis Brown? Get a 35-0 Halftime lead. You will get travis Brown

Give the people what they want.. their Bills.

Brown had his shot in preseason

Comment

• Wys Guy
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
              Brown had his shot in preseason
              Monday's Humorous anecdote folks!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                • Jul 2002

Dude, my sides are absolutely splitting over here....

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

I just don't want him hanging around taking up a roster spot and never amounting to anything. I'm not begging for Brown but he better be getting his act together after all this time. Now we are looking at keeping him there again next season?

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Many people paid good money to see an NFL game.
                    Suckers.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Brown's not getting the job.

Playing him would be a waste of time.

Any thinking to the contrary is delusional....oh wait... sorry... It's wys i'm arguing with.

Sure...give Brown, Morris, Charles Johnson the snaps. Let's have a stadium with 15,000 people in it....

Comment

• HenryRules
                        • Jul 2002

Since when did the NFL become about "giving" people their shots??

You're supposed to earn your opportunities. Just like Henry did when he grabbed the starting job the year before last. The same way Clements forced himself into the starting lineup last year. The same way Moulds made himself more valuable to the offense than Reed a few years back. The same way Jennings earned the starting nod last year. If Travis Brown hasn't done anything in practice to merit more playing time - which he probably didn't last year, otherwise we would have used him more in preseason, than why give him an opportunity to show what he can do.

You want an opportunity, step the **** up and grab it.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

And how does one get those opps? In practice?

Ever heard of players who don't practice well but light things up consistently on game days? There've been plenty we're told.

Frankly, I'm quite dissatisfied w/ Drew and the way he's played honestly. It's apparent that I'm not on an island in this one. I will say this, if Drew comes out next season and can't play better than average, it's time to consider whoever's on our roster behind him. He obviously can't be relied upon in the big games which his entire career has borne out much more often than not.

So if all he's gonna do is play average or average plus throughout the season, even $5.5M is way too much. We can get that for half of that easily w/o giving up the big-games on his huge errors and blunders.

The two biggest games of the year arguably, two of the 3 or 4 biggest anyway, he played his two worst games of the year by a long shot and almost cost us last week too. The luster's coming off of this trade faster than a two-bit whore leaves after earning her money.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                            Sure...give Brown, Morris, Charles Johnson the snaps. Let's have a stadium with 15,000 people in it....
                            How many do you think are going to be there on Sunday even if they announce that Drew is starting?

I'll say less than 40K and likely near 30!

I would also say that it probably wouldn't be many less than that even if they announced that Alex or Travis were starting. Heck, given that it's during the holiday week I wouldn't at all be surprised if it's less than 30 anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• HenryRules
                              • Jul 2002

Yes, one does get this opportunity by stepping up in practice to get your way on the field. Again, Henry managed to do it by impressing everyone with his scrimmages in preseason. Moulds spent a couple of years returning kicks before working his way into the offense. Jennings must have done it through hard work in practice ... not many teams plan on starting a 3rd round draft pick on their OL, admittedly the competition was not great, but no one else managed to step up and they had plenty of opportunities.

Personally, I have heard of players who don't practice well and play great in games. Aside from Hall of Fame quality players, I don't think any team should have room for these guys, and even then you should think long and hard before its worth the trouble. What message does it send to the rest of the players that effort and performance in practice is useless?? Is that the way to have young players develop?

Comment

Working...
                              X