• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Good read about the whole team...

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Re: Good read about the whole team...

UBlinky no Linky I thinky.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      • Sep 2002

i posted a link

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        • Sep 2002

Who is J.P. Losman?
        Better yet, the question should be: Why did the Bills hand over a playoff-ready team to a second-year guy with five career NFL passes?

Can J.P. Losman, basically a rookie, lead the Bills to the playoffs? (Doug Pensinger / Getty Images)
        One reason is that Buffalo felt they had seen enough of Drew Bledsoe at quarterback. Nothing against Bledsoe personally, but the Bills have watched the veteran impersonate a statue in the pocket in taking sack after sack the past three seasons without the Bills sniffing the playoffs once.

Losman, who scored 10 rushing touchdowns (in addition to his 60 TD passes) in only two seasons in college at Tulane, plays like a waterbug at times and is certainly at the opposite end of the mobility chart — which should help him avoid some of those Bledsoe-type sacks and quickly endear him to his O-linemen.

It's not that Bledsoe can't make plays anymore. It's just that he needs max protection at almost all times to keep from landing on his rump, which can severely limit what Mike Mularkey envisions for his wide-open offensive style. Remember it was Mularkey who was the Steelers offensive coordinator for the Tommy Maddox-led pass-happy attack in Pittsburgh for two years before he was hired to coach the Bills.

Still, is Losman ready to take the controls of a near-playoff team on the rise? Or will he delay the Bills' postseason march a couple seasons a la Carson Palmer while learning the NFL on the fly? That is a possibility, sure, but so is the chance of surrounding a young quarterback with a talented team to lessen the burden, not increase it. See the Steelers for the perfect example, as Ben Roethlisberger had plenty of support to lean on in his rookie season.

The big knock against Losman during the pre-draft months of 2004 was his reported arrogant nature that turned off some league folks, giving teams an itchy case of "Ryan Leaf"-itis. But thus far in Buffalo, Losman has been the anti-Leaf with his leadership and especially his work ethic — he has buried himself in the Bills' film room almost every day since the season ended in preparation for his big chance.

Well, here it is. And he's not alone, with RB Willis McGahee to hand the ball to and a cast of fleet feet to throw to in Eric Moulds, Lee Evans and Company. Plus, not a bad defense to depend on either. Actually, this is a playoff team for sure if Losman can avoid being the Buffalo Bust.

that's all they had to say about us.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          • Sep 2002

Who is J.P. Losman?
          Better yet, the question should be: Why did the Bills hand over a playoff-ready team to a second-year guy with five career NFL passes?

Can J.P. Losman, basically a rookie, lead the Bills to the playoffs? (Doug Pensinger / Getty Images)
          One reason is that Buffalo felt they had seen enough of Drew Bledsoe at quarterback. Nothing against Bledsoe personally, but the Bills have watched the veteran impersonate a statue in the pocket in taking sack after sack the past three seasons without the Bills sniffing the playoffs once.

Losman, who scored 10 rushing touchdowns (in addition to his 60 TD passes) in only two seasons in college at Tulane, plays like a waterbug at times and is certainly at the opposite end of the mobility chart — which should help him avoid some of those Bledsoe-type sacks and quickly endear him to his O-linemen.

It's not that Bledsoe can't make plays anymore. It's just that he needs max protection at almost all times to keep from landing on his rump, which can severely limit what Mike Mularkey envisions for his wide-open offensive style. Remember it was Mularkey who was the Steelers offensive coordinator for the Tommy Maddox-led pass-happy attack in Pittsburgh for two years before he was hired to coach the Bills.

Still, is Losman ready to take the controls of a near-playoff team on the rise? Or will he delay the Bills' postseason march a couple seasons a la Carson Palmer while learning the NFL on the fly? That is a possibility, sure, but so is the chance of surrounding a young quarterback with a talented team to lessen the burden, not increase it. See the Steelers for the perfect example, as Ben Roethlisberger had plenty of support to lean on in his rookie season.

The big knock against Losman during the pre-draft months of 2004 was his reported arrogant nature that turned off some league folks, giving teams an itchy case of "Ryan Leaf"-itis. But thus far in Buffalo, Losman has been the anti-Leaf with his leadership and especially his work ethic — he has buried himself in the Bills' film room almost every day since the season ended in preparation for his big chance.

Well, here it is. And he's not alone, with RB Willis McGahee to hand the ball to and a cast of fleet feet to throw to in Eric Moulds, Lee Evans and Company. Plus, not a bad defense to depend on either. Actually, this is a playoff team for sure if Losman can avoid being the Buffalo Bust.

that's all they had to say about us.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

That is a good read.

Comment

• ryjam282
              Offical Billszone Starting QB
              • Mar 2003

Good read thanks.

Ryan Withey
              Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Nice!
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                X