PDA

View Full Version : I find it Puzzling that ........

Topdog
06-27-2005, 10:03 AM
A young girl gets killed by a Shark in Florida on Friday, and stupid people are going right back into the same waters!

I don't mind the ocean, but if its got Sharks lurking, why bother!

THATHURMANATOR
06-27-2005, 01:07 PM
I been to that beach many times and have been in the water may times. My best friend live right by there. Scary stuff.

OpIv37
06-27-2005, 01:09 PM
I find it amazing that millions of people go in the ocean each year, and if one or two of those millions get attacked by sharks, it creates a media circus and people become afraid to go in the water. You're probably more likely to be struck by lightning and definitely more likely to die in a car crash than be attacked by a shark. But if it's on the glowing idiot box, it must be a serious problem and we should be concerned.

Discotrish
06-27-2005, 01:10 PM
A young girl gets killed by a Shark in Florida on Friday, and stupid people are going right back into the same waters!

I don't mind the ocean, but if its got Sharks lurking, why bother!

Yes, but they figure that shark is "full" now. See today's blog!

Patti

Another Florida Swimmer Becomes Fish Food (http://www.beefonweck.blogspot.com)

THATHURMANATOR
06-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Good point OP.

ublinkwescore
06-27-2005, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't be caught dead swimming in the ocean.

Or a canal or river.

I might swim in a lake, but it would have to be extremely clean - otherwise, I don't swim in anything but a CLEAN, swimming pool.

LtFinFan66
06-28-2005, 12:35 AM

I don't mind the ocean, but if its got Sharks lurking, why bother!People need to be smart enough to stay closer to shore. I live like 20 minutes from where that girl was killed. 200 yards out is way to far. Just asking to be eaten. There are two sandbars in the water there and they always say never go past the second sand bar because there is a huge drop off and tons of feeder fish there. I was in that general area about 3 weeks ago but I didn't go any further than 75 feet out or so and my kids didn't go any further than 50 feet. If you listen to the rules to not be shark bait, you will be fine!

It's just like plane crashes. They never report how many land safely between every one that crashes.

Bill Brasky
06-28-2005, 12:53 AM
I can't believe the shark had enough balls to come back... I mean, humans are #1 in the food chain, he has to know that we're gonna kill the sunbitch eventually.

The Natrix
06-28-2005, 01:07 AM
I find it amazing that millions of people go in the ocean each year, and if one or two of those millions get attacked by sharks, it creates a media circus and people become afraid to go in the water. You're probably more likely to be struck by lightning and definitely more likely to die in a car crash than be attacked by a shark. But if it's on the glowing idiot box, it must be a serious problem and we should be concerned.

If you like the ocean but the only reason you don't want to go in is fear of a freakin shark, then you aren't living.

How about skiing? I'm sure way more people die hitting trees than are killed by sharks. I don't hear any snowboarders saying they love to ride but won't because of the danger.

SABURZFAN
06-28-2005, 03:08 AM
i'll go back in the water but it isn't going to be too far from shore.

Topdog
06-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Another attack yesterday............ I think its a conspiracy!

Al Quada Shark Terrorist!

R. Rich
06-28-2005, 10:02 AM
Interesting...

I think we need some more research data on this, though. We don't want to be misinformed.

The following Zoners report to Florida for more research:

SABURZFAN , ticatfan , MidnightVoice , Demon , STAMPY , MikeInRoch , Hamilton Billsfan , jdbillsfan , EricStratton , Billsbabee , Mikey82 , Turf , Ebenezer , MGinestre , ryjam282 , Mr. Miyagi , mexicanbill , feelthepain , RedEyE , generalmills , BidsJr , Devin , mysticsoto , TheGhostofJimKelly , Dora The Explorer , OpIv37 , EDS , Throne Logic , pmacla , pepperkorn , HHURRICANE , Buckets , The Spaz , DaBillzAhDaShiznit , Jayhawk , clumping platelets , madness , Capt Powder , BAM , dannyek71 , Shiny Chicken , Philagape , mybills , Fairway , Jan Reimers , MBBedard , honey , Earthquake Enyart , Topdog , timmy80 , ghz in pittsburgh , Aero II , camelcowboy , paulB , footballhottie , Voltron , FreddyvsJason , Mr.Right , Forward_Lateral , yle , Bulldog , Pride

Discotrish
06-28-2005, 11:49 AM
If you like the ocean but the only reason you don't want to go in is fear of a freakin shark, then you aren't living.

That girl wasn't afraid to go in. Now SHE isn't living, either.

Patti