X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vabillsfan
    • Jul 2002

Negative fans, what would you do?

Its truly been interesting to come here week in and week out and watch what people have to say.

What I want to know is this - what would all the naysayers have us do?

According to many here:

Bledsoe was a wasted. Who should we have instead?
    Henry fumbles. He sucks, he's great, he sucks again. Then who?
    Price. Let him go via free agency
    Big Mike. We want McKinnie! Why?
    Hollis. Can't kick a FG.
    Greg Williams. Jerry Gray. - Can't coach, has man boobs, etc. So?

The point? Who would all of you armchair GM's bring in here instead? Would you like to see the systems change AGAIN? Is AVP our QB? Who is out there instead of Drew? Travis Henry - had a great year but we remember him for fumbling. Price - couple of drops but a great year none the less. Williams is ROOKIE! Give him a break. Hollis - overall a good year. Better than Shayne Graham and that other guy we had last year.

So what do we do? We're winning and its great. We lose and all the statisticians come out with why we/he/they stink and we'll never win.

Know what? Go find another team!! Some of us enjoy the Bills and while we get frustrated, we're still there for them. As I said in an earlier post, glad this board wasn't here during 2-14 seasons.

And don't get me started with "I'm not negative, I just want them to win". Its all negative when you can only find the bad things that happen each week. Week in and week out, you post here why the Bills stink.

Getting kind of old isn't it??
    Screw you Phins fans, I'm going home!
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

I honestly can't believe it. It's really embarrassing. I used to write it off as every team has fickle fans, but I'm beginning to thing Buffalo is cursed with the most bickering bunch in sports.

GO BILLS!
    Last edited by LtBillsFan66; 12-23-2002, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Comment

• vabillsfan
        • Jul 2002

Guess you can call the fans the "Bickering Bozos"! So sad............

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

All in all, I'm happy with our improvement as a team.

Nobody expected us to even be in the hunt for a playoff spot this year.

TD and Ralph Wilson even came out and said before the season started that we were still a year away from being a playoff caliber team. I'd say we are right on schedule!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
            • Jul 2002

I actually do believe there is a silent majority that's more level headed. It's just the bad ones that are the worst - and give the rest of us a bad rep.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
              • Jul 2002

I think most of us thought we would be .500. Well not to count chickens before they hatch, but it looks like we ended up just as we suspected.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

I bet vabillsfan has man boobs.

Comment

• HenryRules
                  • Jul 2002

I'm not sure if I fit into your negative fan list, but I've been rather pleased with the season's progress.

The only part of the list I can see myself falling into is the Henry fumbling thing, and what my solution would have been is to keep Huntley and trade Bryson for anything. Then Huntley could have occasionally spelled Henry at key moments where a run was needed but Gilbride was afraid of him fumbling. Other than that, I think Gilbride has handled Henry quite well.

Comment

• vabillsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Yeah, but I'm working hard to lose them!!!

Good one!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                      • Jul 2002

Nobody wants to be known as being a negative or a positive poster. Yet we all swing one way or another on the Negative/Positive slide. I myself am lean toward the positive side. I tend to hold out hope too long and always try to look at the positive side of things. It all came about from years of watching my team lose. I remember being upset on Sunday nite and all day Monday. But I just don’t see the reason for it anymore. I got sick and tired of feeling like I just got dumped by my girlfriend and kicked in the nads after a game, while watching the Bills walk off the field laughing and joking around with players from the other team. Hell, if they’re not going to care, why the hell should I let 2 days of my life go to the dumps. These guys are making millions of dollars and they don’t seem to care. So after a loss, I give myself about 30 minutes to get over it. Sometimes it helps to not watch football for the rest of the night. Usually by that night, I’m thinking about the following week.

As to personal moves, I also enjoy trying to figure out what we are going to do in the off-season. But to get myself all worked up over a decision or a non-decision is not worth my time or effort. They pay men big bucks to make those decisions and I’m not one of them. I refuse to use all of my valuable time demanding to others who are not decision makers themselves, to cut, fire or bench the players on my team. I sit here and say, maybe we should sign this player or cut this player, but it’s inefficient use of my time and energy to try to pound that point into everybody’s head. I also do not care, if my theories are right or wrong on any issue. I freely admit that I was dead wrong on Travis Henry this year and yet, I’ve made other predictions that have hit dead on, like Atlanta being a contender.

Point is. Don’t get too carried away with this. It’s only football. I bet 90% of the Bills players are busy this morning playing Playstation or something.
                      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFanOne
                        I honestly can't believe it. It's really embarrassing. I used to write it off as every team has fickle fans, but I'm beginning to think Buffalo is cursed with the most bickering bunch in sports.
                        GO BILLS!
                        NO Goal
                        Wide Right
                        Music City Miracle
                        I can't find my helmet.
                        Refs screwing us.
                        It was a fumble.
                        Rob Johnson
                        Doug Flutie
                        OJ "Slasher" Simpson
                        Billy Joel "Playbook" Holbert
                        Immaculate Deflection (Sabres/Pens playoff game)

We have a reason to be bitter. We never catch a break.

Now back to the tread Question. Thank you

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy

NO Goal
                          Wide Right
                          Music City Miracle
                          I can't find my helmet.
                          Refs screwing us.
                          It was a fumble.
                          Rob Johnson
                          Doug Flutie
                          OJ "Slasher" Simpson
                          Billy Joel "Playbook" Holbert
                          Immaculate Deflection (Sabres/Pens playoff game)

We have a reason to be bitter. We never catch a break.

Now back to the tread Question. Thank you
                          Good reasons to be bitter and eager for a championship. Not reasons to want to fire and cut everyone and cry after every loss.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                            • Jul 2002

I'm happy with the overall improvement of the team as well. But no one can deny that some really boneheaded things have occurred whether due to inept coaching often on the offensive side of things, or due to players boneheaded errors repeatedly.

I'd like to know what fan is happy w/ the status quo at 7-8 and lucky to be there when we could have been 10-6?

So I suppose if the idea is simply to watch the team and be a yes-man and support the partyline and whatever's coming out of the front office daily, then sure, I guess the rest of us are complaining whiners.

If not, then I would suggest that it's the truest fans who are not satisfied with window dressing upgrades, failed upgrades, waiting so long in the FAcy market that we blew several opps. for better players at lower cost, with players who are touted as the best yet only play average, etc., that it's those fans who are equally if not more enthusiastic than the former fans.

It seems that simply b/c some criticize, and quite justifiably so, are the ones who are labeled as negative. I say it's the other way around. I say it's those who are satisfied w/ a one game improvement, lots of yards in spite of not having the accompanying wins, lots of individual exploits absent the same winning, that are negative.

I will say this, it will be quite interesting to see what happens if Drew does continue on his ways from this season.

And some of you will construe that last statement as negative although it's not even slightly negative, only neutrally commenting on a "what-if" scenario based on some facts from this current season.

Many perceptions of "negativism" are simply that way b/c the views held are simply not in line with the mainstream "wishes" or the party line. I fail to see why hoping for improvements to the point where we don't cost ourselves games as a result of our own blunders is negative. I just don't.

I guess those of us viewed that way should simply be happy w/ a playoff appearance, an early exit therefrom, some yardage and attempt stats for Drew so that we can tell the fans of the winning SB team that our QB is better!

Think about it!

Because what is viewed as negative fans is in large part simply fans who think we can do far better with what we have let alone what we don't have and won't be able to get b/c of predisposed notions that so far haven't paid off!

I think I would wait until the outcome of next season prior to saying such things. I have a hunch that some of the same people happy with the party line are gonna be raging against at least some of it next season. We'll see. And if it actually plays out that way, then a prime opportunity will have been completely wasted in the interests of "not wanting to criticize or admit a bad move." Not what I would consider to be wise. Nor something that would make me happy if I was the truest of fans.

In the meantime, if hopes for bettering the team and improving what's wrong with it regardless of the perceptions of many are construed as "negative" or "wrong," then so be it.

I wanna win games and in particular the big ones. That to me, takes priority over the individual stats and exploits or fan favoratism for particular players. But right now it seems that there are players who are bigger than the team in Buffalo.
                            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                              • Jul 2002

Every coach In the league does boneheaded things on occasion. Mike Shanahan went for 2 yesterday and cost his team a shot at the end. Should he be fired?
                              Resign our own guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X