PDA

View Full Version : Negative fans, what would you do?

vabillsfan
12-23-2002, 12:07 PM
Its truly been interesting to come here week in and week out and watch what people have to say.

What I want to know is this - what would all the naysayers have us do?

According to many here:

Bledsoe was a wasted. Who should we have instead?
Henry fumbles. He sucks, he's great, he sucks again. Then who?
Price. Let him go via free agency
Big Mike. We want McKinnie! Why?
Hollis. Can't kick a FG.
Greg Williams. Jerry Gray. - Can't coach, has man boobs, etc. So?

The point? Who would all of you armchair GM's bring in here instead? Would you like to see the systems change AGAIN? Is AVP our QB? Who is out there instead of Drew? Travis Henry - had a great year but we remember him for fumbling. Price - couple of drops but a great year none the less. Williams is ROOKIE! Give him a break. Hollis - overall a good year. Better than Shayne Graham and that other guy we had last year.

So what do we do? We're winning and its great. We lose and all the statisticians come out with why we/he/they stink and we'll never win.

Know what? Go find another team!! Some of us enjoy the Bills and while we get frustrated, we're still there for them. As I said in an earlier post, glad this board wasn't here during 2-14 seasons.

And don't get me started with "I'm not negative, I just want them to win". Its all negative when you can only find the bad things that happen each week. Week in and week out, you post here why the Bills stink.

Getting kind of old isn't it??

LtBillsFan66
12-23-2002, 12:08 PM
I honestly can't believe it. It's really embarrassing. I used to write it off as every team has fickle fans, but I'm beginning to thing Buffalo is cursed with the most bickering bunch in sports.

GO BILLS!

Dozerdog
12-23-2002, 12:09 PM
:up:

vabillsfan
12-23-2002, 12:11 PM
Guess you can call the fans the "Bickering Bozos"! So sad............

ArcticWildMan
12-23-2002, 12:12 PM
All in all, I'm happy with our improvement as a team.

Nobody expected us to even be in the hunt for a playoff spot this year.

TD and Ralph Wilson even came out and said before the season started that we were still a year away from being a playoff caliber team. I'd say we are right on schedule! :up:

LtBillsFan66
12-23-2002, 12:12 PM
I actually do believe there is a silent majority that's more level headed. It's just the bad ones that are the worst - and give the rest of us a bad rep.

LtBillsFan66
12-23-2002, 12:13 PM
I think most of us thought we would be .500. Well not to count chickens before they hatch, but it looks like we ended up just as we suspected.

Earthquake Enyart
12-23-2002, 12:14 PM
I bet vabillsfan has man boobs.

HenryRules
12-23-2002, 12:15 PM
I'm not sure if I fit into your negative fan list, but I've been rather pleased with the season's progress.

The only part of the list I can see myself falling into is the Henry fumbling thing, and what my solution would have been is to keep Huntley and trade Bryson for anything. Then Huntley could have occasionally spelled Henry at key moments where a run was needed but Gilbride was afraid of him fumbling. Other than that, I think Gilbride has handled Henry quite well.

vabillsfan
12-23-2002, 12:16 PM
Yeah, but I'm working hard to lose them!!!

Good one!

Patrick76777
12-23-2002, 12:28 PM
Nobody wants to be known as being a negative or a positive poster. Yet we all swing one way or another on the Negative/Positive slide. I myself am lean toward the positive side. I tend to hold out hope too long and always try to look at the positive side of things. It all came about from years of watching my team lose. I remember being upset on Sunday nite and all day Monday. But I just don’t see the reason for it anymore. I got sick and tired of feeling like I just got dumped by my girlfriend and kicked in the nads after a game, while watching the Bills walk off the field laughing and joking around with players from the other team. Hell, if they’re not going to care, why the hell should I let 2 days of my life go to the dumps. These guys are making millions of dollars and they don’t seem to care. So after a loss, I give myself about 30 minutes to get over it. Sometimes it helps to not watch football for the rest of the night. Usually by that night, I’m thinking about the following week.

As to personal moves, I also enjoy trying to figure out what we are going to do in the off-season. But to get myself all worked up over a decision or a non-decision is not worth my time or effort. They pay men big bucks to make those decisions and I’m not one of them. I refuse to use all of my valuable time demanding to others who are not decision makers themselves, to cut, fire or bench the players on my team. I sit here and say, maybe we should sign this player or cut this player, but it’s inefficient use of my time and energy to try to pound that point into everybody’s head. I also do not care, if my theories are right or wrong on any issue. I freely admit that I was dead wrong on Travis Henry this year and yet, I’ve made other predictions that have hit dead on, like Atlanta being a contender.

Point is. Don’t get too carried away with this. It’s only football. I bet 90% of the Bills players are busy this morning playing Playstation or something.

TacklingDummy
12-23-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne
I honestly can't believe it. It's really embarrassing. I used to write it off as every team has fickle fans, but I'm beginning to think Buffalo is cursed with the most bickering bunch in sports.
GO BILLS!

NO Goal
Wide Right
Music City Miracle
I can't find my helmet.
Refs screwing us.
It was a fumble.
Rob Johnson
Doug Flutie
OJ "Slasher" Simpson
Billy Joel "Playbook" Holbert
Immaculate Deflection (Sabres/Pens playoff game)

We have a reason to be bitter. We never catch a break.

Now back to the tread Question. Thank you

LtBillsFan66
12-23-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy

NO Goal
Wide Right
Music City Miracle
I can't find my helmet.
Refs screwing us.
It was a fumble.
Rob Johnson
Doug Flutie
OJ "Slasher" Simpson
Billy Joel "Playbook" Holbert
Immaculate Deflection (Sabres/Pens playoff game)

We have a reason to be bitter. We never catch a break.

Now back to the tread Question. Thank you

Good reasons to be bitter and eager for a championship. Not reasons to want to fire and cut everyone and cry after every loss.

WG
12-23-2002, 12:32 PM
I'm happy with the overall improvement of the team as well. But no one can deny that some really boneheaded things have occurred whether due to inept coaching often on the offensive side of things, or due to players boneheaded errors repeatedly.

I'd like to know what fan is happy w/ the status quo at 7-8 and lucky to be there when we could have been 10-6?

So I suppose if the idea is simply to watch the team and be a yes-man and support the partyline and whatever's coming out of the front office daily, then sure, I guess the rest of us are complaining whiners.

If not, then I would suggest that it's the truest fans who are not satisfied with window dressing upgrades, failed upgrades, waiting so long in the FAcy market that we blew several opps. for better players at lower cost, with players who are touted as the best yet only play average, etc., that it's those fans who are equally if not more enthusiastic than the former fans.

It seems that simply b/c some criticize, and quite justifiably so, are the ones who are labeled as negative. I say it's the other way around. I say it's those who are satisfied w/ a one game improvement, lots of yards in spite of not having the accompanying wins, lots of individual exploits absent the same winning, that are negative.

I will say this, it will be quite interesting to see what happens if Drew does continue on his ways from this season.

And some of you will construe that last statement as negative although it's not even slightly negative, only neutrally commenting on a "what-if" scenario based on some facts from this current season.

Many perceptions of "negativism" are simply that way b/c the views held are simply not in line with the mainstream "wishes" or the party line. I fail to see why hoping for improvements to the point where we don't cost ourselves games as a result of our own blunders is negative. I just don't.

I guess those of us viewed that way should simply be happy w/ a playoff appearance, an early exit therefrom, some yardage and attempt stats for Drew so that we can tell the fans of the winning SB team that our QB is better!

Think about it!

Because what is viewed as negative fans is in large part simply fans who think we can do far better with what we have let alone what we don't have and won't be able to get b/c of predisposed notions that so far haven't paid off!

I think I would wait until the outcome of next season prior to saying such things. I have a hunch that some of the same people happy with the party line are gonna be raging against at least some of it next season. We'll see. And if it actually plays out that way, then a prime opportunity will have been completely wasted in the interests of "not wanting to criticize or admit a bad move." Not what I would consider to be wise. Nor something that would make me happy if I was the truest of fans.

In the meantime, if hopes for bettering the team and improving what's wrong with it regardless of the perceptions of many are construed as "negative" or "wrong," then so be it.

I wanna win games and in particular the big ones. That to me, takes priority over the individual stats and exploits or fan favoratism for particular players. But right now it seems that there are players who are bigger than the team in Buffalo.

Patrick76777
12-23-2002, 12:36 PM
Every coach In the league does boneheaded things on occasion. Mike Shanahan went for 2 yesterday and cost his team a shot at the end. Should he be fired?

LtBillsFan66
12-23-2002, 12:39 PM
I disagree wys. Not everyone wants peace and happiness. Only justified criticism. Not myths and truths looking at one side or one set of stats.

Why did we lose to Green Bay? Because of Drew only? There were about 15-20 reasons we lost. Drew’s poor performance being one of them. I like to keep the criticism level headed and fair. I’m not “content” with .500, but I didn’t (and most people didn’t either) expect much more this season).

Last year we were a few bounces, mistakes, calls short of .500, this year we are a couple of bounces, mistakes, calls short of the playoffs. Next year we’ll have a legit shot.

Earthquake Enyart
12-23-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

And some of you will construe that last statement as negative although it's not even slightly negative, only neutrally commenting on a "what-if" scenario based on some facts from this current season.

This is one of my favorite sentences of all time.

:rofl:

JayWood
12-23-2002, 12:42 PM
I thought we would only win 6 games this season, a win sunday would put us at 8-8 for the season, a huge improvement from 3-13, and there were a few games that we COULD have won, so that is a positive. I have said it from day one, Rome was not built in a day, and in today's NFL you have to build a winner. Thats what TD is doing, its a three year process and 2003 is our year!! This was a really FUN SEASON TO BE A BILLS FAN!!!

WG
12-23-2002, 12:43 PM
I guess that didn't answer the question, which was a good one.

FoA: I wouldn't have signed Drew having arduously watched him over the past 5 or 6 seasons often. That's no secret. I would have signed Chandler who I think would have been just fine. He would have cost us a 5th or 6th of what DB did and we'd still have our first round pick. I would have used the cap money to pick up a DT and DE instead.

I would have then this season either made a move for Gannon as I stated last year, and/or drafted one of the outstanding QBs coming out this year.

Our D would have been FAR more solid right now, Henry would have developed and been a rushing force. I would have still drafted MW last year. Reed was a good pickup as well.

NOW: I would make a move for Gannon and trade or cut Drew if we could get him. Bledsoe may be our QB thru the end of his current contract, thru '04, but I doubt we'd resign him after that and still don't think we will and there's a big danger of this trade being a total bust if he continues to play average ball next year b/c we'd likely have to cut him after next season if he does that. $6M is too much to spend on an average QB who can't win the big games and has only a history of poor play in the playoffs.

I would use our first picks of the draft, 2-4 to draft defense and/or a RB or possibly a WR in the 3rd or 4th rd.

I'd make three excellent pickups, since that's what Eb and CP say we have cap room for, to pick up a name DT, a name DE, and a solid OLB. I'd also grab a $1.5M OL-man for some additional depth.

That should answer the mail. ;)

Novacane
12-23-2002, 12:44 PM
There is nothing wrong with critisizing the team when they play bad. Does not make people any less a fan than you.

LtBillsFan66
12-23-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by JayWood
This was a really FUN SEASON TO BE A BILLS FAN!!!

:up:

vabillsfan
12-23-2002, 12:48 PM
Wys - you should have gone to law school! How can anyone ever argue with you?!?!?!

Earthquake Enyart
12-23-2002, 12:49 PM
You obviously haven't seen Chandler play this year. He's done. He hits his head on the ground and he doesn't know what planet he's on.

ArcticWildMan
12-23-2002, 12:49 PM
You are joking right?? Chandler??? The guy is worse than RJ!!! He gets hurt if you look at him cross eyed!!!

Gannon?? Do you actually think the Raiders are going to let him leave? Come on!!!!

We'll get Drew to renegotiate his salary next year and use the savings to bring in some Defensive help.

Akhippo
12-23-2002, 12:50 PM
For all those that moan and complain, and say that youre not negative. While its annoying after awhile, you may be right. I think its more, judging a team by the wrong standards. This team won 3 games last year. Nothing the FO did this year as far as personnel would make it a super bowl team. Yet thats how they are being judged and scrutinized. Im not saying people dont have a right to complain. If the team was like Tampa, winning alot but not getting over the hump. Sure complain. Or a team like Seattle, who cant seem to get out of first gear, sure complain. If this team isnt in contention for a super bowl in 2004, sure complain. But to all those that want to strip the team before you can see the big picture, can it. Saying that an individuals play sucked on sunday is fine, but saying that hes scum and his career is finished, this that and the other gets tiring. Enjoy the ride.

WG
12-23-2002, 12:51 PM
I disagree wys. Not everyone wants peace and happiness. Only justified criticism. Not myths and truths looking at one side or one set of stats.

Why did we lose to Green Bay? Because of Drew only? There were about 15-20 reasons we lost. Drew’s poor performance being one of them. I like to keep the criticism level headed and fair. I’m not “content” with .500, but I didn’t (and most people didn’t either) expect much more this season).

Last year we were a few bounces, mistakes, calls short of .500, this year we are a couple of bounces, mistakes, calls short of the playoffs. Next year we’ll have a legit shot.

Honestly BFO,

and you know I like ya, but it's that type of stuff that clearly demonstrates that Drew is a golden child. Go look around the web today. See what's been written, particularly by those who cover the Bills regularly. It's pretty much a consensus that it was Drew who was personally responsible for the vast majority of the loss.

If you can't see that, then it only serves to make my point even more clear. Maybe this is a party-line MB. It appears to be more of one than not. But just b/c others have different opinions, I don't understand why that's construed as negative.

Last year people argued with me when I said that Drew's never had a good, solid playoff game, rather they've all been pretty terrible. They argue, but it's indisputable. So, OK, I guess there's no sense in arguing under those circumstances. I will try as one member of the MB community here to not make many posts for a while since most people apparently prefer the smoke being blown up....

In the meantime, please forgive me if I see a 10-6 team, possibly even 11-5 that creamed it's own drawers simply and largely due to a sketchy decision and fans, coaches, and media who will be in denial for another season or two.

But again, look around, you won't find much support for Drew today! Just about everyone is almost exclusively pinning this one on him. Wander, Mitchell, both on our site on the front. What can I say if you don't want to admit that? I would have better luck arguing that the earth is round against the Flat Earth Society.

;)

Dozerdog
12-23-2002, 12:53 PM
I'd rather have

http://starworld.indya.com/friends/photogallery/images/image1.jpg than http://images.nfl.com/news/images/chandler_chris121801.jpg any day

LtBillsFan66
12-23-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
There is nothing wrong with critisizing the team when they play bad. Does not make people any less a fan than you.

I think a lot of people object to the "campaigns" that are started.

After a loss where we give up a lot of points it’s “Fire Grey now!!!”
After Bledsoe plays poorly it’s “We should have never traded for him” “Cut him”
After penalties, it’s “Fire GW”
“Cut Travis, he fumbles”

If everyone had their way, I think Mike Pucillo would be the only one left on the team.

Or after a win:
“Bledsoe is God”
“Travis is the man”
“Peerless for President”
“DaShon Polk was snubbed from the Pro-Bowl.

Earthquake Enyart
12-23-2002, 12:55 PM
Yeah. I really hated it when Drew dropped that punt, or when he missed the field goal. Or that time when he let Green run for 30 yards. And he couldn't block Holliday either. When he bounced that deep out of Price's chest, that really made me mad.

WG
12-23-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
You are joking right?? Chandler??? The guy is worse than RJ!!! He gets hurt if you look at him cross eyed!!!

Gannon?? Do you actually think the Raiders are going to let him leave? Come on!!!!

We'll get Drew to renegotiate his salary next year and use the savings to bring in some Defensive help.

OK, I guess I'm being silly again then.

But last time I checked, usually the FA has the choice of whether he wants to play somewhere or not. I suppose they could franchise him, but you have to keep in mind the age of that team and it's goals going forward. They ain't gettin' any younger and I'd say there's a good chance pending the outcome of their season, that they may say "see ya, but thanks!"

Besides, it was an open ended question that I ante'd up on. At this point here are the QBs that I would take over Drew if you want utter honesty:

Fiedler
Brady
Manning
McNair
Brunnell (never thought I'd say that)
Maddox
Pennington
Carr
Green
Griese
Gannon
McNabb
Collins
Favre
Culpepper
B. Johnson
Vick
Brooks
Bulger
Garcia

Some of them haven't done nearly as well, but then they haven't had the league's best WRing tandem, the 4th/5th leading rusher in the NFL, and OL playing at a B/B+ level either.

JMO though.

LtBillsFan66
12-23-2002, 12:57 PM

Honestly BFO,

and you know I like ya, but it's that type of stuff that clearly demonstrates that Drew is a golden child. Go look around the web today. See what's been written, particularly by those who cover the Bills regularly. It's pretty much a consensus that it was Drew who was personally responsible for the vast majority of the loss.

If you can't see that, then it only serves to make my point even more clear. Maybe this is a party-line MB. It appears to be more of one than not. But just b/c others have different opinions, I don't understand why that's construed as negative.

Last year people argued with me when I said that Drew's never had a good, solid playoff game, rather they've all been pretty terrible. They argue, but it's indisputable. So, OK, I guess there's no sense in arguing under those circumstances. I will try as one member of the MB community here to not make many posts for a while since most people apparently prefer the smoke being blown up....

In the meantime, please forgive me if I see a 10-6 team, possibly even 11-5 that creamed it's own drawers simply and largely due to a sketchy decision and fans, coaches, and media who will be in denial for another season or two.

But again, look around, you won't find much support for Drew today! Just about everyone is almost exclusively pinning this one on him. Wander, Mitchell, both on our site on the front. What can I say if you don't want to admit that? I would have better luck arguing that the earth is round against the Flat Earth Society.

;)

I like you too man!

But if Peerless didn't drop the ball. If Hollis made that kick. If Henry didn't fumble. If, if, if.

And if Drew was accurate, didn't fumble 5 times and throw 2 ints. There is no doubt he put up a stinker - and cost the game. But they could have won anyway - if other things went right...

The sportswriters are worse than the fans! Their goal is to stir stuff like this up.

WG
12-23-2002, 12:59 PM

“Cut Travis, he fumbles”

If everyone had their way, I think Mike Pucillo would be the only one left on the team.

Or after a win:
“Bledsoe is God”
“Travis is the man”
“Peerless for President”

Many people do that, not just 5 posters!

I was amazed at all the criticism after this past loss. It's like a giant pendulum. I can understand wanting certain things to happen, such as Drew lighting things up, but in their absence, we can't lose our heads and go ape-poop! Gotta always look at things objectively.

Anyway, enough of this...

;)

Dozerdog
12-23-2002, 01:02 PM

OK, I guess I'm being silly again then.

But last time I checked, usually the FA has the choice of whether he wants to play somewhere or not. I suppose they could franchise him, but you have to keep in mind the age of that team and it's goals going forward. They ain't gettin' any younger and I'd say there's a good chance pending the outcome of their season, that they may say "see ya, but thanks!"

Besides, it was an open ended question that I ante'd up on. At this point here are the QBs that I would take over Drew if you want utter honesty:

Fiedler
Brady
Manning
McNair
Brunnell (never thought I'd say that)
Maddox
Pennington
Carr
Green
Griese
Gannon
McNabb
Collins
Favre
Culpepper
B. Johnson
Vick
Brooks
Bulger
Garcia

Some of them haven't done nearly as well, but then they haven't had the league's best WRing tandem, the 4th/5th leading rusher in the NFL, and OL playing at a B/B+ level either.

JMO though.

You left off Montama and Namath.

Collins, Fiedler, Maddox, Brunell, B Johnson- Just people for you to complain about when they fail

Bulger, Maddox- They weren't even an afterthought this offseason

Were any of these guys available this past offseason? Where is Chandler on this list? Jim Miller?

Earthquake Enyart
12-23-2002, 01:05 PM
You can't be serious about this list, can you?

Fiedler no way
Brady maybe
Manning yes
McNair no
Brunnell (never thought I'd say that)you are high
Maddox no
Pennington no
Carr no
Green no
Griese no
Gannon yes
McNabb yes
Collins no
Favre yes
Culpepper yes
B. Johnson no
Vick yes
Brooks maybe
Bulger too soon to tell
Garcia yes

WG
12-23-2002, 01:12 PM
Yes, I'm entirely serious.

Just an FYI, there are currently 16 QBs rated more highly than Drew. Sorry to burst the party-line bubble.

Dozer,

"Just people for you to complain about when they fail"

No, not really. We would have had an all-star D and DL and have had our 1st rounder.

And who's being negative? Sounds like the real negativity here is this gang up on anyone not thinking Drew's a top 5 QB.

You and everyone calling whoever doesn't think Drew's played that well negative. Meanwhile, some of those who aren't noted as Drew's strongest supporters get lambasted for simply holding views to the contrary. Whatever...

Novacane
12-23-2002, 01:18 PM
Fiedler....................................You're crazy!
Brady..............................................No thanks
Manning.........................................WHo would'nt?
McNair.....................................Maybe
Brunnell (never thought I'd say that).................Not!
Maddox........................Now I know you're on drugs!
Pennington......................................Maybe..........need to see more than 1/2 a season
Carr............................maybe...............need to see more
Green.................................What has he ever done? He's overated
Griese...............................What has he ever done?
Gannon...............................Ok, I'll give you this one
McNabb.............................No Brainer
Collins.........................Please........he had one good game all season
Favre.................................No Brainer
Culpepper......................No Brainer
B. Johnson...................Maybe
Vick.................................No Brainer
Brooks............................No Brainer
Bulger.................He has not proved anything. Without Faulk in he has sucked too!
Garcia.............................Agree on this one

Dozerdog
12-23-2002, 01:19 PM
waffling back and forth between the hard stats and "would have had an all star D"

Name the Defensive guy you would have brought in here to change this whole D around.

Romanowski? Sam Adams?

I bet they would line up to play for a 3-13 team. Those guys grabbed the cash and the pre-existing contender.

Tell me who this Defensive gem would have been.

We have Chandler *snicker*, now name the Defensive guys

Dozerdog
12-23-2002, 01:22 PM
No one is saying he's top 5., Wys.

I want to know what our record would be and what are future would be like bringing in older, washed up QB's.

Or were we going to draft one and develop him in 3-4 years?

LtBillsFan66
12-23-2002, 01:25 PM
I would throw Culpepper off that list too. He has the most ints this season.

Novacane
12-23-2002, 01:32 PM
Culppeper is a threat with the run too. He's just having a bad year. That whole stupid Randy Ratio thing got him screwed up trying to force the ball to Moss. I'd take him in a minute over Bledsoe.

ArcticWildMan
12-23-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
waffling back and forth between the hard stats and "would have had an all star D"

Name the Defensive guy you would have brought in here to change this whole D around.

We have Chandler *snicker*, now name the Defensive guys

:lol:

Dozerdog
12-23-2002, 01:43 PM
I could list close to a Dozen guys who are equal or better to Bledsoe. But they are not, were not, nor will be available in the near future!

I want to know what the people who did not want Bledsoe to come here would have done instead.

1) Would they be happy with a Chandler or Blake? AVP?

2) Would they tolerate being bad (I'm talking Bengal Bad) for this season and possibly next off of a 3-13 year and attempt to develop somebody?

3) who would they have spent this fictitious cap money on? We went into the season about $3.5 Million under, had the means to go even farther below that, to get Defensive help in here. But the FA market just wasn't there.

Houston's expansion dried up a hell of a lot of veteran talent. If Houston expanded one year previous, or one year later, Buffalo would have had opportunities to greatlty improve the club.

The_Philster
12-23-2002, 01:45 PM
Fiedler-no
Brady-no
Manning-of course
McNair-iffy....he's only had a few seasons in which he was realy good
Brunnell (never thought I'd say that)-a few years ago, yes...now. no
Maddox-lol...he's playing in a dumbed-down system that was made simple for Kordell. How much of the system was changed when he took over?
Pennington-maybe
Carr-maybe
Green-he's been average at best so no
Griese-no...he started off strong but tailed off the last few years
Gannon-ok
McNabb-definitely
Collins-no
Favre-of course
Culpepper-yeah
B. Johnson-maybe
Vick-definitely
Brooks-a maybe...he had a good first year starting but has done little since
Bulger-way too soon to say anything
Garcia-of course

Brees- a maybe as well

ArcticWildMan
12-23-2002, 01:46 PM
Out of all the QB's on the list, I'd only be interested in Carr and Pennington.

Carr has shown incredible toughness and poise this season. He sure looks to be a star down the road.

Pennington reminds me of Joe Montana. Super accurate and he see's the entire field. He just makes plays!!! Will be the next star in the league!!!

Before people ask why I wouldn't want Michael Vick.....I'll admit he is a freak of nature. No other QB in the league can match him on a pure athletic scale, but I think he'll be another Randall Cunningham in the end. A QB cannot run around the field like a RB and not get hurt sooner or later. Vick is going to get hurt and his play will suffer.

lordofgun
12-23-2002, 01:57 PM
For the most part, I think Bills fans are great. I think we've all said things in the heat of the moment after a tough loss that we regret. Some is exaggeration and some is frustration that wears off after a day or so. You'll see most of the ridiculous threads are over with by Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Jim Kelly12
12-23-2002, 02:00 PM
Think positive Bills fans!!! Remember 1989 when we only went 9-7? We won a conference title the next year!!

Tatonka
12-23-2002, 05:49 PM
culpepper has the most ints AND the most fumbles.. you think that yesterday was bad for drew.. boy o boy.. watch a vikes game.. culpepper turns the ball over like a chain smoker smokes.

DIHARD2
12-23-2002, 07:50 PM
I use the old speed reading trick for my old college days, When I read something that Wys wrote. Usually the first two paragraphs give you the facts of the whole paper, and the next five paragraphs are saying the same thing using different words, so why waste your time reading anymore. Sorry Wys.

For some reason or maybe he's a teacher or he just likes to talk, but the depth that you go into usually isn't needed to get your point across. You usually do it within your first two paragraphs.

I don't see any faults in what was done this year for our team. We have a veteran quarterback who was directing both first second-year players, and I think he tried to to produce more than what these young 10 players had in them and he forced his ball to create something, instead of playing like he did the first few games relaxed and useing the team to produce better, and possibly win.

I did not want to see Adams coming here, especially with the young players we had on defense the man is a cancer, is a me me player, and that's not what Donohoe or GW is trying to create.

Next year is playoffs and maybe Super Bowl with today's free agency. The Houston factor that was brought up earlier has a lot to do with what was out in the market. And I agree with the poster, that if Houston would've came in a year sooner or possibly a year later there might have been a different defense.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

LtBillsFan66
10-06-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone

“Cut Travis, he fumbles”

Or after a win:
“Bledsoe is God”
“Travis is the man”
“Peerless for President”

lol

I dragged up theis oldie but goodie. I guess Pucillo is off that list now. :D

stuckincincy
10-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by vabillsfan
Its truly been interesting to come here week in and week out and watch what people have to say.

What I want to know is this - what would all the naysayers have us do?

According to many here:

Bledsoe was a wasted. Who should we have instead?
Henry fumbles. He sucks, he's great, he sucks again. Then who?
Price. Let him go via free agency
Big Mike. We want McKinnie! Why?
Hollis. Can't kick a FG.
Greg Williams. Jerry Gray. - Can't coach, has man boobs, etc. So?

The point? Who would all of you armchair GM's bring in here instead? Would you like to see the systems change AGAIN? Is AVP our QB? Who is out there instead of Drew? Travis Henry - had a great year but we remember him for fumbling. Price - couple of drops but a great year none the less. Williams is ROOKIE! Give him a break. Hollis - overall a good year. Better than Shayne Graham and that other guy we had last year.

So what do we do? We're winning and its great. We lose and all the statisticians come out with why we/he/they stink and we'll never win.

Know what? Go find another team!! Some of us enjoy the Bills and while we get frustrated, we're still there for them. As I said in an earlier post, glad this board wasn't here during 2-14 seasons.

And don't get me started with "I'm not negative, I just want them to win". Its all negative when you can only find the bad things that happen each week. Week in and week out, you post here why the Bills stink.

Getting kind of old isn't it??

Good and thoughtful post. But today's sports franchises deserved sccrutiny, because generally there's a lot of public money extracted from the privatee citizen , re stadiums built on the taxpayer dollar, so the average joe can and shoud be upset when his forced contribution to a private enterprise goes a bit sour.

Don't get me wrong...but what's the use of being a fan if ya can't make comment especially given the $$$ that gets forked over?

I'm not at all a big Bledsoe basher, but if WASHINGTON hadn't plucked Ramsey in the draft Bledsoe wouldn't be here IMHO. Shoulda traded up the, what 5,spots? We woulda missed a chance to get Denney?

TH, G*d bless 'em, does not keep a good handle on the ball.

I think MW was an excellent choice, but I STILL question the WMG pick. I woulda took Erick Steinbeck (Iowa) and hope to be set at a guard position for years to come.

The offensive coaching staff simply and consistently calls plays that do not appreciate the value of time of possession. That irks me a lot.

Dozerdog
10-06-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I actually do believe there is a silent majority that's more level headed. It's just the bad ones that are the worst - and give the rest of us a bad rep.

And they make you go deaf at the game...:D

stuckincincy
10-06-2003, 02:27 PM

Nor is raining vomit an especially treasured memory :D

rsmithgi
10-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
All in all, I'm happy with our improvement as a team.

Nobody expected us to even be in the hunt for a playoff spot this year.

TD and Ralph Wilson even came out and said before the season started that we were still a year away from being a playoff caliber team. I'd say we are right on schedule! :up:

????WHAT?????

I think you went into a time warp back to last year. The media, players, and many, many fans have been talking SuperBowl. The expectations before the start of the season were completely unrealistic. Now the media and some fans are complaining that the team is not measuring up.

LtBillsFan66
10-06-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by rsmithgi
????WHAT?????

I think you went into a time warp back to last year. The media, players, and many, many fans have been talking SuperBowl. The expectations before the start of the season were completely unrealistic. Now the media and some fans are complaining that the team is not measuring up.

It WAS from last year. I dug it up. :D

LtBillsFan66
10-06-2003, 02:42 PM

:rofl:

fushetti
10-06-2003, 02:55 PM
I can't believe you guys. How can you be pleased with the way things have gone so far? I'm so sick of being mediocre. I HATE BEING 8-8. I hate the sabres losing, i hate the bills being average. I want to win. This team, is so much better than its playing. I feel our talent is being wasted. HOW did we not destroy cincinatti yesterday? We didn't dictate play! We were punchless. They came out and had a better second half but still. Youre playing a home game before a sellout crowd and playing the Bengals. They should have controlled play, and set the tone early. This is our house, we're a contender, and we're going to roll over you. Unbelievable. This all points back to coaching.

My solution: I don't think firing Williams will be good for this team at this junction (sadly) but, they have to get rid of this guy in the offseason. TD made a huge mistake hiring this guy. look how much better the Bengals look with a new coach who cracks the whip. Makes me shudder to think we have Dick Lebeau on our staff.