PDA

View Full Version : Breaking down the CRK's D

Canadian'eh!
06-27-2005, 05:54 PM
I broke down the retro D and thought i should give myself some of that medicine.

my goal was to build a playmaking D. I think i did pretty well at that despite some big names lacking.

My DE's are KGB and Little. Both 7's. KGB had 13.5 sacks and Little had an off year with 7. Little makes up for it by playing the run well and he should have a better year now that he doens'thave to worry about jail time. (same as jamal... bunch of criminals on my team... my next pick rae carruth). both were healthy all year though, and 20.5 sacks between them is pretty good.

My DT's are Simon and Booger. Also both 7's. Simon had a good year with 5.5 sacks and Booger had 3 in his 8 games. Obviously backups were important since Mcfarland will likely get injured. So i got Wilfork and Anthony Adams. I expect Wilfork to have a big year, and he did have a good season despite limited playing time, with 2 sacks. he's only a 5 though. Adams is a 5 too... i think he''s about to break out though. he's a big run stopper NT, but if Boog goes down i think I'll go with Wilfork.

My LB unit is underrated in my eyes. I tried to ignore the names and focus on stats. Steve Foley is an 8. he's my pass rushing LB. it was a breakout year for him with 10 sacks playing in SD's 3-4. he also threw in 2 picks, 5 FF's and 10 PD's. great year. But, he had 3 years previous marred by injury, and never had that big a year before. Should be good for this season though, and i'll have to watch him for next year. He's closing in on 30 too. Will Witherspoon is a 7. I really like this guy... i think he could top out at an 8 or 9 eventually. he was really solid last year. 103 tackles. 3 sacks. 4 picks. plus 8 PD's. plus it's only his 4th year coming up on a great D. then There is Mike Peterson. Mr Consistency. always good for about 130 tackles at MLB. threw in 5 sacks last year and though he didn't have any picks, he usually averages 2. My backups of Diggs, Biesel and Cowart should gave me good depth and something to look forward too next year.

so my starting 3 LB's give me almsot 300 tackles, 18 sacks, 6 picks and 8 FF's. i like it.

Finally the secondary. i was looking mostly for INT's. want that turnover D. i had 5-6 picks in the preseason games so it looks good thus far. I do worry about my depth though.

My CB's are definately Ballhawks. Tory James is over 30, hence my 1st round pick in the rookie of Adam Jones. he's an 8 in the game to go with his 8 picks that led the NFL (or was close). Anthony Henry is a 7 and had 4 picks. he's young and great in run support. he had 10 picks as a rookie playing FS. My depth at corner is worrisome though. Rumph, who still hasn'tfigured it out and was injured and Ahmad Carroll, who is only a 4 or so have potential but will they make good? i worry about that. I just missed on Chris gamble before i took Carroll... i would have felt a lot better.

My S's are young and solid as well. Hamlin is a 7 and Adrian Wilson is very underrated and an 8. Wilson had 102 tackles, 3 picks and a sack on a crappy D. He will get even better this year I believe with a better supporting cast. Hamlin has been impressive moving to FS last year. I loved his potential from his first day. Another 80 tackles, 2 sacks and 4 picks from the FS spot. also should get better with a year at the postion under his belt.

So my starting secondary had 19 picks last year.... not bad at all.

Hopefully they come together and make some big plays for me. I do orry about run stopping and giving up deep plays in the passing game... but if we can do a bend but don't break and make some key big turnovers... we should be okay. Injuries of course will also be a problem with limited depth at CB and S.

R. Rich
06-27-2005, 10:13 PM
My team is going to get beat so bad by yours. Just you wait.

Canadian'eh!
06-27-2005, 10:27 PM
My team is going to get beat so bad by yours. Just you wait.
don't think so... i have a feeling my O will suck and your D wll score all the points you need.