• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I'm pleased with this season...Are you?

Considering the majority of us were expecting an 8-8 season, this hasn't been too bad of a year. Anything is better than 3-13.

Our D needs to be improved, and I hope Donahoe makes the right moves in the off season. He did greatly improve our Offense last off season.

It wasn't too hard containing Green Bay on Sunday, due to the cold, but our D did show improvements in the last few games.

We WILL be a force to be reckoned with next year.

I know we have one more game to play, and if we lose that one, it's still not the end of the world.

As Bills fans wee have been through very bad years and very good years. This season was a mediocre season, with false expectations when we went 5-3. We are the hardiest fans of the NFL, lets not get too down. we've seen worse and it can only get better from here.

Thoughts...
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

I am pleases. I expected an 8-8 or 9-7 season. We were beaten badly in only 3 games. Pats 2x and the 2nd Jets game. Some more fine tuning in the off season and we'll be 11-5 easily!

Comment

• Crinoline
      • Sep 2002

They had a chance to win nearly every game they played, they beat MIAMI twice, they beat Flutie...so yeah, I'm happy...

Just wait til next year, we'll be the team to beat! :)

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I was clapping a lot this year....

Comment

• HenryRules
          • Jul 2002

I expected a 7-9 season and wanted to see improvement in most areas of the game. Needless to say I'm pleased as every part of our offense improved and over the last 5 games or so, it looks like the defense has improved as well.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
            Me too.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

I am happy with the results...it was just trying to see how they got there. They should have beat the Jets in the opener and probably the Chiefs...that being said they could have lost one to the 'Fins and they could have lost to either the Bears or the Vikes had it not been for a bounce here or there. All in all it was a solid year after going 3-13. GW needs to improve on some game day stuff and the lack of talent on the D still leaves us in a quandry as to how good the defensive coaches really are. Next year will see another tough schedule as this team could have as many as 12 games against teams that finished .500 or above...GW will be back but on a short leash.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• doug45
                • Jul 2002

NO!!

Comment

• Andrea1234
                  • Oct 2002

i am happy im a bit down about us not being in the playoffs for the 3rd stright yr but 8-8 is better then 3-13 :) if we beat ciny sunday

Comment

• BigDoug
                    1-800-SAD-GOAT
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                    Yeah, I got the clap this year, too

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BigDoug
                        1-800-SAD-GOAT
                        • Jul 2002

Clap on...clap off

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                          I'm Really 4 and Short
                          • Sep 2002

I'm very pleased, this team has gone miles from last year. We're better at nearly every position...And we'll be back in the playoffs next year.

Comment

• TedMock
                            • Jul 2002

I expected 7-9 this year and hopefully they're 8-8 istead. I'm disappointed after yesterday's performance but all in all I'm fairly pleased. The OL is young and will only get better, they got a little inconsistant the second half of the year. I think the D got better as the year went on but they'll sign the few missing pieces hopefully this offseason. Henry was a pleasant surprise this year. Now that they realize his talents hopefully he can take pressure off of Bledsoe and the OL next season. I'm hoping things balance out to only 30 passing plays and 25-30 running plays next season. I think that would help tremendously. Anybody who thought that they would go 3-13 to Superbowl contender was just not being realistic. It just doesn't happen that often. A more experienced OL will lead to a more balanced offense and add that to some free agent defensive pickups this offseason and they're in good shape. I'm pleased.

Comment

• BillsNYC
                              Man of the People
                              • Jul 2002

i'm happy with 8-8....but not happy that our offense got worse....at least last year the team got better as a whole throughout the season....this year things got better, as well as worse.
                              Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X