PDA

View Full Version : Don't fall for the better defense

Buffarama
12-23-2002, 02:21 PM
Don't get swept away by the improved defense. The same thing happened at season's end last year, they looked improved.
The reason being, the same reason that Bledsoe and Farve couldn't throw Sunday, the weather.
The defense is still as bad as it was earlier in the year. Jerry Gray is no better now that he was before, nor the scheme. It's the weather folks. Scores are down across the league this time of year.
Put this team back in a dome or a warm weather situation with no wind, and they will get torched again.

Tatonka
12-23-2002, 04:38 PM
you may be right.. but i do think that our secondary is playing better.. i have seen the CBs make plays on the ball.

JJamezz
12-23-2002, 09:11 PM
I don't know man... I'm not buyin it.

Although it hasn't been confirmed, I have a suspicion that GW took over the defensive playcalling at halftime of the game at New England and has been doing it ever since. The defensive play in that game was like night and day from 1st half to 2nd half, so that would go against the weather argument..

I'm not saying the weather didn't have an effect though - it obviously did, especially at GB - but I think there are more factors involved in the d stepping it up of late..