X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osos
    • Feb 2005

Ross Verba

I´m really concerned with the LT position, and I think that Gandy is not the answer at the starting line up and Ross Verba.

Wich is our status for a posible signing of this guy ???
    Do we have enough money to make it happend ???
    Do we have enough cap space ???

Just imagine the OL like this

Verba-Anderson-Teague-Villarial-Williams

It could be a very solid OL, taking in consideration that JP would struggle, and we can use the running back power to equilibrate the situation

Does anybody could give some information regarding this ?????
  • DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    • May 2004

Re: Ross Verba

While many have speculated that Verba would be a good fit in Buffalo, and we definately could use some help at left tackle, there are a couple of reasons not to get your hopes up for signing him.

1) Mularky has come right out and stated that they are not interested.
    You haven't heard him say that about anyone else except Verba.

2) The Bills would like to use the relatively small amount of cap room they have to lock up Clements or McGee for some additional years.
    They don't want to lose their best CB, after losing Winfield 2 yrs ago. McGee is a double threat...special teams and defense.

3) Even with the cap room we made with Mike Williams restructure, there would likely not be enough wiggle room to get a deal done with Verba.

Look for the Bills to sign another LT or two, bargain bin players just before or during training camp. If not then, they will be watching the waiver wire in August.
    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
    --Leo Durocher

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by osos
      Verba-Anderson-Teague-Villarial-Williams
      there's one thing that really concerns me about this potential line- while Verba is still better at LT than anyone we have on our roster, he's still not that good. I live in Ravens/Redskins country, and Ravens fans think Anderson is an excellent run blocker but he sucks against the pass. Having those two both lined up on JP's left gives a whole new meaning to the term "weak side". I hope MM spent the summer designing some shotgun and bootleg right plays.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• osos
        • Feb 2005

but the main problem is that there is not another quality LT in FA at this point.

It could be great to sign some guy very cheap so it doesn´t hit our cap, but let´s face it, Gandy is an unproven LT, and has a lot of problems regarding staying healthy, we could have a very big problem if this guy doesn´t play in level expectation.
        Who would be the instant backup , Teague ???

Is there is some one in FA that could fit our needs????

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

i heard that verba wants $5 million a year.that creates two problems.

1.we don't have the cap space.

2.he's not worth it.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
            Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
            i heard that verba wants $5 million a year.that creates two problems.

1.we don't have the cap space.

2.he's not worth it.
            Good point.

Another thing, if McNally vouches for Gandy, by thunder so will I.
            "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
            -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
              Good point.

Another thing, if McNally vouches for Gandy, by thunder so will I.
              And maybe the rest of us should stop kicking Gandy around until we at least see how he plays under McNally's tutelage.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• jonespostman
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                And maybe the rest of us should stop kicking Gandy around until we at least see how he plays under McNally's tutelage.
                Good idea!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                  While many have speculated that Verba would be a good fit in Buffalo, and we definately could use some help at left tackle, there are a couple of reasons not to get your hopes up for signing him.

1) Mularky has come right out and stated that they are not interested.
                  You haven't heard him say that about anyone else except Verba.

2) The Bills would like to use the relatively small amount of cap room they have to lock up Clements or McGee for some additional years.
                  They don't want to lose their best CB, after losing Winfield 2 yrs ago. McGee is a double threat...special teams and defense.

3) Even with the cap room we made with Mike Williams restructure, there would likely not be enough wiggle room to get a deal done with Verba.

Look for the Bills to sign another LT or two, bargain bin players just before or during training camp. If not then, they will be watching the waiver wire in August.

Mularkey has never said that the Bills are not interested in Verba. He said that they have not discussed it, which, if you believe that, you are very gullible. Management and coaching discuss every player that hits the market...whether they like them or not. I still believe Verba may end up here, TD might be waiting for the price to come down. Think about it, Verba knows he is guaranteed a starting position here...it's the perfect situation for him. TD's silence on the subject is also interesting. He usually will come right out and tell the media if he is not pursuing a player and that has not happened.

Comment

• CAbills
                    • Jul 2004

How can the price go down if people are only offering league min. I think we just need to sign him to a 1 year deal and than solidify that position in the draft.
                    Lets Go Buffalo!
                    Boiler Up!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      Amen to that!!!

Comment

• ExWNYer
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        I live in Ravens/Redskins country, and Ravens fans think Anderson is an excellent run blocker but he sucks against the pass.
                        I live in the same territory and could care less what their arrogant, bitter, and broken fans say. There are a lot of Bills fans who said that Ruben Brown sucked. He was definitely overrated and not deserving of those many Pro Bowls, but he did not suck...he was a solid, serviceable guard and I think that Anderson falls into that category, as well.
                        "I'm growing older but not up, my metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck" - Jimmy Buffett

Proud alumnus of the 2011 'Final Four' VCU Rams!

Comment

• thebuffalobills4
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by CAbills
                          How can the price go down if people are only offering league min. I think we just need to sign him to a 1 year deal and than solidify that position in the draft.
                          based on what i heard he wants a long term contract,not a one yr contract.
                          :oldskool:
                          micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• osos
                            • Feb 2005

the only thing that is real is that Gandy is unproven and our OL is not great right now. We need that guy bad.

I know that we don´t have probably enough money to spend in big FA signings
                            but this one, is a must need if we expect to be in the postseason.

Let´s face it JP will struggle a lot (just remember Manning in his rookie season), so we need a lot help to make Steelers QB´s type for JP.

Comment

• osos
                              • Feb 2005

please sign this guy for one year deal, that would not hit our cap that hard and we don´t have to spend that much in him.
                              Lets face it we need the help urgent !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X