PDA

View Full Version : Ross Verba

osos
06-29-2005, 01:05 PM
Iīm really concerned with the LT position, and I think that Gandy is not the answer at the starting line up and Ross Verba.

Wich is our status for a posible signing of this guy ???
Do we have enough money to make it happend ???
Do we have enough cap space ???

Just imagine the OL like this

Verba-Anderson-Teague-Villarial-Williams

It could be a very solid OL, taking in consideration that JP would struggle, and we can use the running back power to equilibrate the situation

Does anybody could give some information regarding this ?????

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
06-29-2005, 01:13 PM
While many have speculated that Verba would be a good fit in Buffalo, and we definately could use some help at left tackle, there are a couple of reasons not to get your hopes up for signing him.

1) Mularky has come right out and stated that they are not interested.
You haven't heard him say that about anyone else except Verba.

2) The Bills would like to use the relatively small amount of cap room they have to lock up Clements or McGee for some additional years.
They don't want to lose their best CB, after losing Winfield 2 yrs ago. McGee is a double threat...special teams and defense.

3) Even with the cap room we made with Mike Williams restructure, there would likely not be enough wiggle room to get a deal done with Verba.

Look for the Bills to sign another LT or two, bargain bin players just before or during training camp. If not then, they will be watching the waiver wire in August.

OpIv37
06-29-2005, 01:27 PM
Verba-Anderson-Teague-Villarial-Williams

there's one thing that really concerns me about this potential line- while Verba is still better at LT than anyone we have on our roster, he's still not that good. I live in Ravens/Redskins country, and Ravens fans think Anderson is an excellent run blocker but he sucks against the pass. Having those two both lined up on JP's left gives a whole new meaning to the term "weak side". I hope MM spent the summer designing some shotgun and bootleg right plays.

osos
06-29-2005, 02:57 PM
but the main problem is that there is not another quality LT in FA at this point.

It could be great to sign some guy very cheap so it doesnīt hit our cap, but letīs face it, Gandy is an unproven LT, and has a lot of problems regarding staying healthy, we could have a very big problem if this guy doesnīt play in level expectation.
Who would be the instant backup , Teague ???

Is there is some one in FA that could fit our needs????

SABURZFAN
06-29-2005, 03:00 PM
i heard that verba wants $5 million a year.that creates two problems.

1.we don't have the cap space.

2.he's not worth it.

ShadowHawk7
06-29-2005, 05:08 PM
i heard that verba wants $5 million a year.that creates two problems.

1.we don't have the cap space.

2.he's not worth it.
Good point.

Another thing, if McNally vouches for Gandy, by thunder so will I.

Jan Reimers
06-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Good point.

Another thing, if McNally vouches for Gandy, by thunder so will I.
And maybe the rest of us should stop kicking Gandy around until we at least see how he plays under McNally's tutelage.

jonespostman
06-29-2005, 07:24 PM
And maybe the rest of us should stop kicking Gandy around until we at least see how he plays under McNally's tutelage.
Good idea!

Nighthawk
06-29-2005, 07:30 PM
While many have speculated that Verba would be a good fit in Buffalo, and we definately could use some help at left tackle, there are a couple of reasons not to get your hopes up for signing him.

1) Mularky has come right out and stated that they are not interested.
You haven't heard him say that about anyone else except Verba.

2) The Bills would like to use the relatively small amount of cap room they have to lock up Clements or McGee for some additional years.
They don't want to lose their best CB, after losing Winfield 2 yrs ago. McGee is a double threat...special teams and defense.

3) Even with the cap room we made with Mike Williams restructure, there would likely not be enough wiggle room to get a deal done with Verba.

Look for the Bills to sign another LT or two, bargain bin players just before or during training camp. If not then, they will be watching the waiver wire in August.

Mularkey has never said that the Bills are not interested in Verba. He said that they have not discussed it, which, if you believe that, you are very gullible. Management and coaching discuss every player that hits the market...whether they like them or not. I still believe Verba may end up here, TD might be waiting for the price to come down. Think about it, Verba knows he is guaranteed a starting position here...it's the perfect situation for him. TD's silence on the subject is also interesting. He usually will come right out and tell the media if he is not pursuing a player and that has not happened.

CAbills
06-29-2005, 09:13 PM
How can the price go down if people are only offering league min. I think we just need to sign him to a 1 year deal and than solidify that position in the draft.

mysticsoto
06-30-2005, 07:41 AM

Amen to that!!!

ExWNYer
06-30-2005, 10:45 AM
I live in Ravens/Redskins country, and Ravens fans think Anderson is an excellent run blocker but he sucks against the pass.

I live in the same territory and could care less what their arrogant, bitter, and broken fans say. There are a lot of Bills fans who said that Ruben Brown sucked. He was definitely overrated and not deserving of those many Pro Bowls, but he did not suck...he was a solid, serviceable guard and I think that Anderson falls into that category, as well.

thebuffalobills4
06-30-2005, 02:07 PM
How can the price go down if people are only offering league min. I think we just need to sign him to a 1 year deal and than solidify that position in the draft.
based on what i heard he wants a long term contract,not a one yr contract.

osos
06-30-2005, 05:53 PM
the only thing that is real is that Gandy is unproven and our OL is not great right now. We need that guy bad.

I know that we donīt have probably enough money to spend in big FA signings
but this one, is a must need if we expect to be in the postseason.

Letīs face it JP will struggle a lot (just remember Manning in his rookie season), so we need a lot help to make Steelers QBīs type for JP.

osos
07-01-2005, 03:17 PM
please sign this guy for one year deal, that would not hit our cap that hard and we donīt have to spend that much in him.
Lets face it we need the help urgent !!!!!

Jan Reimers
07-01-2005, 04:06 PM
please sign this guy for one year deal, that would not hit our cap that hard and we donīt have to spend that much in him.
Lets face it we need the help urgent !!!!!
How do you know what a one year deal - or any deal - would cost? Are you Verba's agent? And how do you know that Gandy can't cut it? Are you McNally's assistant?

Why is everyone so convinced that another team's trash will automatically be better than Gandy. Have a little faith in MM and Mouse.

BuffaloRanger
07-01-2005, 06:22 PM
How do you know what a one year deal - or any deal - would cost? Are you Verba's agent? And how do you know that Gandy can't cut it? Are you McNally's assistant?

Why is everyone so convinced that another team's trash will automatically be better than Gandy. Have a little faith in MM and Mouse.

Why are you convinced that the Bear's trash will be a quality starting LT for the Bills?

I have faith in McNally, but what if Gandy gets hurt? Olineman get hurt all the time. The fact that it is now July and the Bills have an unproven Gandy at LT and no proven backup on the roster is absolutely ridiculous. (Definition of proven back up: Played the position sometime in the last 3 years - has more than 2 years experience in position)

There will not be a decent LT released in August. The choices now are Stuessie, Verba, and the Bouncer down at SoHo's.

Jan Reimers
07-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Why are you convinced that the Bear's trash will be a quality starting LT for the Bills?

I have faith in McNally, but what if Gandy gets hurt? Olineman get hurt all the time. The fact that it is now July and the Bills have an unproven Gandy at LT and no proven backup on the roster is absolutely ridiculous. (Definition of proven back up: Played the position sometime in the last 3 years - has more than 2 years experience in position)

There will not be a decent LT released in August. The choices now are Stuessie, Verba, and the Bouncer down at SoHo's.
The injury factor certainly is a concern with Gandy, since a nagging hamstring injury led to his release by da' Bears. But injuries were also a big problem with JJ.

I wouldn't mind us re-signing Price, but apparently his knees are bad. I also wouldn't mind bringing in a veteran like Steussie or Verba - although they may be nearing the end of their useful careers - but I don't think we have the cap space to meet their demands.

I simply can't believe that TD, MM and McNally would leave us as vulnerable at LT as many seem to think. They must feel that Gandy/Peters/McFarland can get the job done. And since I am just a fan, I have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

casdhf
07-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Verba is far better at OG. Guard is our stregnth right now, why pay an ass hole guard tackle money?