• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

TO trade rumors

I know it's non-Bills related but it's been slow here lately...

I was just watching ESPN and they are talking about TO possibly being traded if a deal isn't worked out.

Randy Moss gave an interview saying TO should go to Oakland.

Moss also said he wouldn't care who had more catches as long as he was more productive.

Could you see Philly trading TO for Jerry Porter and another player?

Could you imagine TO playing alongside the best WR in the game...
  • CAbills
    • Jul 2004

Re: TO trade rumors

Oakland couldnt possibly have the money for Moss AND TO could they ?
    Lets Go Buffalo!
    Boiler Up!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
      • Mar 2003

If they do, that must mean the rest of the team is 2nd rate or 3rd rate at best. But then again, they already are.
      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Bulldog
        Top Dog
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
        If they do, that must mean the rest of the team is 2nd rate or 3rd rate at best. But then again, they already are.
        That offense would be unstoppable. Moss, TO, and they also have Jordan at RB. Collins would light it up. Their O-Line is sick too. Oaklands defense will still suck balls, but that offense would be nasty. That said, it's not going to happen.
        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

Well I'd say Jerry Porter isn't too far off from Owens as far as talent goes, and I think he's at least a few years younger. I wouldn't mind that trade at all if I were an eagles fan. I'd be surprised if they were able to afford it though, because wouldn't the Raiders just have to give TO a new deal anyway? It's not like TO is unhappy in philly, he just wants more money. I'm pretty sure Moss is still in the middle of a $75 million contract. They just shelled out pretty decent money to Jordan, and Gallery was the #2 overall pick last year and got something like a $20+ million bonus. I don't know if Woodson signed a long term deal or if he's playing under the franchise tag, but either way, he's gotta be tying up a decent amount of money also.

I guess it could happen, I just don't see how they'd be able to have any kind of balance. That'd be pretty nuts though, considering we do have to go on the road to play Oakland this season. At least this time we'll have McGahee running the ball, hopefully.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Ed
            Well I'd say Jerry Porter isn't too far off from Owens as far as talent goes, and I think he's at least a few years younger. I wouldn't mind that trade at all if I were an eagles fan. I'd be surprised if they were able to afford it though, because wouldn't the Raiders just have to give TO a new deal anyway? It's not like TO is unhappy in philly, he just wants more money. I'm pretty sure Moss is still in the middle of a $75 million contract. They just shelled out pretty decent money to Jordan, and Gallery was the #2 overall pick last year and got something like a $20+ million bonus. I don't know if Woodson signed a long term deal or if he's playing under the franchise tag, but either way, he's gotta be tying up a decent amount of money also.

I guess it could happen, I just don't see how they'd be able to have any kind of balance. That'd be pretty nuts though, considering we do have to go on the road to play Oakland this season. At least this time we'll have McGahee running the ball, hopefully.
            I'd hate that trade, there's enough good teams in the AFC..let TO stay in the NFC. What's wrong with you, don't you want your team to get to the SB....heck, I don't want any more afc teams getting stronger.. except one

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
              I'd hate that trade, there's enough good teams in the AFC..let TO stay in the NFC. What's wrong with you, don't you want your team to get to the SB....heck, I don't want any more afc teams getting stronger.. except one
              I didn't say I want the trade to happen, I said if I were an eagles fan I wouldn't mind it. I definitely don't want TO in the AFC just as much as I didn't want Moss in the AFC. Porter's no slouch though either, so I expect the Raiders to have a pretty good passing game regardless.

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Just thinking about those two lining up on opposite sides of the field makes me

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                  • Oct 2002

I could see a TO to Raiders for Charles Woodson and Porter.. Raiders would need to make a trade like that to pay TO..

Comment

• clumping platelets

Oakland could massage the cap on this deal. I'll try to look into this if it's slow here at work

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by jfreeman
                      I know it's non-Bills related but it's been slow here lately...

I was just watching ESPN and they are talking about TO possibly being traded if a deal isn't worked out.

Randy Moss gave an interview saying TO should go to Oakland.

Moss also said he wouldn't care who had more catches as long as he was more productive.

Could you see Philly trading TO for Jerry Porter and another player?

Could you imagine TO playing alongside the best WR in the game...
                      I still think TO is better then MOSS personally, TO can do it all Moss wont go across the middle....
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                        • May 2005

Can't possibly see them coexisting... Unless it was on the sports page for causing all sorts of problems on and off the field.

Comment

Working...
                        X