X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Depth

Let's say Gandy wins the LT position. He does however have a history of injuries. Should he get injured (hope not, knock on wood) what next? I think we should train JP to throw w/ his left.

I look at the Ol and I don't see as much depth as our DL.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Depth

Oops, wrong forum
    sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Back in the Sega Genesis days, I had a cheap football video game called Pro Quarterback or something like that. The game was set up so the only way to avoid getting sacked on pass plays was to use a shotgun formation and run backwards with the down arrow to avoid the rush until someone got open.

JP may need to learn from this example: just take the snap and run back and to his right until the pocket collapses and he can dump off to the RB.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
        • Mar 2003

In that case, disregard the Oline, and McNally, and get JP a Genesis.
        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
          In that case, disregard the Oline, and McNally, and get JP a Genesis.
          ..... I mean ....smart a$$
          sacrifice1

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

We need to bring Peters or McFarland along in a hurry. I agree with you. Our depth at guard and center aren't bad, but we're mighty thin at tackle.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

I have to wonder if maybe they're going to gauge the depth at T during the early preseason and if it looks as poor then as it does to us now, they'll bring back Marcus Price
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                I have to wonder if maybe they're going to gauge the depth at T during the early preseason and if it looks as poor then as it does to us now, they'll bring back Marcus Price
                I like Price, but isn't the word out that his knees are shot?
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  I like Price, but isn't the word out that his knees are shot?
                  I'm not sure...I thought there WAS some talk like that...I think he might be a last resort, though
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                    • Mar 2003

"It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

It looks like they plan on moving Lawrence Smith to Tackle from Guard. He did spell JJ a couple of times last year and so has experience at LT. McNally feels he has potential and likes his attitude - I remember him saying that he felt Smith has the attitude that a lineman should have. He didn't do too well last year at LG and Tucker had to replace him, but Smith beat Tucker out in Training Camp....which makes it sound like he was beaten more due to inexperience than anything else. I wonder if, with another year under his belt, and more tutelage from McNally, he might actually be more improved this year. He could be the main backup at LT if Peters isn't as far along as they'd like him to be. He also played RG for CV in a few games also, I believe - which adds to his versatility.

Comment

Working...
                      X