PDA

View Full Version : Of the teams who have never been to a SB

ExWNYer
06-30-2005, 09:42 AM
Who would you want to win one and why?

I know some people don't care about any other team besides the Bills but assuming that the Bills are out of the mix...

I would choose Detroit. I always liked them as a kid and they don't play in the AFC (no conflict with the Bills).

OpIv37
06-30-2005, 09:50 AM
Definitely Cleveland- that city is the only one I can think of that has suffered more sports misery with less success than Buffalo. They have very loyal fans who deserve some reward at this point.

Detroit would just riot and trash the city if the Lions won. Arizona is the worst-run organization in the NFL and doesn't deserve to win. If Houston wins, it will just make Texans that much more obsessed and arrogant about football than they already are. Florida should still be punished for the 2000 election debacle. I don't have anything against the Saints (unless they beat us this year), but don't see them winning anytime soon either.

DarbyTheDinosaur
06-30-2005, 10:00 AM
Absolutely Cleveland. If Buffalo has a twin sister, it's that city.

Very dedicated fans with nothing but heartbreak. Plus, losing their pride and joy for a few years gives them bonus points.

OpIv37
06-30-2005, 10:08 AM
also a lot of their fans rooted for us while Cleveland didn't have a team for a few years.

ExWNYer
06-30-2005, 10:16 AM
All excellent reasons for Cleveland. They would definitely be my choice in the AFC...I would have no problem rooting for them in a SB (unless, of course, they knocked out the Bills in the AFC Championship game :; ).

SabreEleven
06-30-2005, 10:57 AM
I know some people don't care about any other team besides the Bills

You hit the nail right on the head. I don't care.

ExWNYer
06-30-2005, 11:19 AM
You hit the nail right on the head. I don't care.

But you cared enough to post in this thread? :scratch: :doh:

Bill Brasky
06-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Cleveland, because they've been just as screwed as us. Plus their fans are just as loyal/deserving as ours.

Gunzlingr
06-30-2005, 03:43 PM
I could cheer for the Browns.

Jayhawk
06-30-2005, 04:13 PM
cleveland

Ed
06-30-2005, 04:25 PM
I guess Cleveland is a good choice, but I always liked Detroit out of the NFC teams. Now that the Pistons are good, and the Red Wings were always good, I don't know if they deserve it as much as Cleveland, but it's just hard for me to like the Browns.

Plus the Lions were Ralph Wilsons favorite team and were the reason that he wanted a team of his own. They've also been in the league forever.

The_Philster
06-30-2005, 05:59 PM
also a lot of their fans rooted for us while Cleveland didn't have a team for a few years.Any Die-hard Browns fan was a Bills fan if anything for the few years they didn't have a team...the only 2 owners who tried to keep the Browns from moving were Ralph and Rooney...and I can't picture a Browns fan rooting for the Squealers

SabreEleven
06-30-2005, 06:01 PM
But you cared enough to post in this thread? :scratch: :doh:

I cared enough to say I don't care :scratch:

wchutalkinboutwillis
06-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Cleveland. But Indianapolis should be on this list. I know the whole Baltimore thing but they have a team and they've won a SB in the new era. Indy is now officially a separate franchise and Manning and co. have worked as hard as anyone to deserve a chance.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-01-2005, 08:21 AM
Cleveland has a great tradition and fans.

Detroit has suffered forever.

My choice if I have to take one - Detroit.

I hope Houston never goes.