PDA

View Full Version : Bills Sign K/P Steve Baker

The_Philster
06-30-2005, 06:55 PM
The Bills announced that the team has signed K/P Steve Baker.

Baker entered NFL in 2004 as undrafted rookie free agent out of Southern Oregon and was signed by Oakland. He was waived prior to start of season and spent 2004 out of the NFL, spending the year with Hamilton Tiger Cats with the CFL. He re-signed with Oakland at the beginning of 2005 and was allocated to NFL Europe before being released by the Raiders on 3/21/05. http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3242

Mr. Miyagi
06-30-2005, 07:55 PM
So ticat, how is this guy? :scratch:

mexicanbill
07-01-2005, 04:52 AM
i would really prefer Luis Berlanga...

in NCAA he made 73 consecutive XP, and he was named an all american division II player and made it to the cactus bowl...

this guy will be cheap, will be good, will play tough, and best of all he is from mexico...

you will have all the eyes of mexico on the buffalo bills!!! and ill tell you thats a big market.... you wont imagine what happened when Eduardo Najera went to Dallas Mavericks... you could see jereseys of the Mavs, they were on TV all the time, alls ports shows talked about them, NEwspaper, etc...

Luis Berlanga is my choice for PK of the BUffalo Bills

ryven
07-01-2005, 06:42 AM
well atleast we have had luck with nfl europe kickers in the past.

SABURZFAN
07-01-2005, 08:32 AM
this guy better have a horseshoe in his if he wants to take moorman's spot.

OpIv37
07-01-2005, 09:12 AM
i would really prefer Luis Berlanga...

in NCAA he made 73 consecutive XP, and he was named an all american division II player and made it to the cactus bowl...

this guy will be cheap, will be good, will play tough, and best of all he is from mexico...

you will have all the eyes of mexico on the buffalo bills!!! and ill tell you thats a big market.... you wont imagine what happened when Eduardo Najera went to Dallas Mavericks... you could see jereseys of the Mavs, they were on TV all the time, alls ports shows talked about them, NEwspaper, etc...

Luis Berlanga is my choice for PK of the BUffalo Bills

sorry, we already have our token Hispanic with JP Losman.

Seriously, any chance this Baker guy (or Berlanga) can unseat Lindell? He's the one weak link in what is otherwise the best ST in the NFL since the Marv Levy days.

ryven
07-01-2005, 09:47 AM

I don't think he is any threat to Moorman but I hope he is atleast a threat to Limpleg Lindell.

generalmills
07-01-2005, 09:53 AM
I think he is the token kicker who throws the ball back to moorman when the kickers are the only people on the field warming-up during training camp and plays with the coaches kids when the real practice is taking place.. No really threat to anyones job here.

Jan Reimers
07-02-2005, 08:20 AM
Actually, he had better have a hand grenade.

jamze132
07-02-2005, 11:39 AM
If this Steve Baker guy can kick just as effectively as Lindel, give him the job and send Lindel packing. At least we can do fake fieldgoal to punt plays!!!!

Jayhawk
07-02-2005, 12:04 PM
he couldn't be any worse than Crapdell.

ShadowHawk7
07-02-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm pretty sure he could.

Michael82
07-02-2005, 02:51 PM
he couldn't be any worse than Crapdell.
:gag: Jake Arians.... :ill: