PDA

View Full Version : Owens to the... RAIDERS!?

Iehoshua
06-30-2005, 07:03 PM
http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis/news?slug=rotowire-errellwenseadedtoaid&prov=rotowire&type=lgns&league=nfl

Update: A report has surfaced that the Eagles are in negotiations with the Raiders on a trade that would send Owens to Oakland for Jerry Porter, according to ABC sports.

Recommendation: Randy Moss told reporters Wednesday he could co-exist with Owens as long as he receives the number of passes he deserves. We doubt that the two receivers would get along in Oakland but the Eagles appear to be so upset with Owens that they would be willing to put the best two receivers in the league on the same team. This would initially cloud the value of both players but stay tuned for more rumors.
Moss AND Owens on the same team? Wouldn't their egos spontaneously combust upon impact?

In the unlikely event they could coexist... That's a scary receiving corp...
:jawdrop:

EDS
06-30-2005, 07:21 PM
http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis/news?slug=rotowire-errellwenseadedtoaid&prov=rotowire&type=lgns&league=nfl

Moss AND Owens on the same team? Wouldn't their egos spontaneously combust upon impact?

In the unlikely event they could coexist... That's a scary receiving corp...
:jawdrop:

The Raiders would implode.

Porter is no slouch though so I think it is not such a bad idea for the Eagles considering just how much of a jerk Owens is.

RedEyE
06-30-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm not sure why the Raiders would even want to even consider this. The coaching staff couldn't handle the abuse.

superbills
06-30-2005, 07:42 PM
As a someone who would love to see the Raiders implode, this is heaven :) I don't there's a head coach on God's green Earth that counld keep these two in-check. This is one locker room that is going to be a bona-fide circus if this goes down.

That said, Philly wins by getting Porter. He's a first-class receiver who will excel as number one. His ego is such that accomodating Randy Moss' "needs" would not have been a problem.

BlackMetalNinja
06-30-2005, 08:18 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=74620

Michael82
06-30-2005, 08:51 PM
As a someone who would love to see the Raiders implode, this is heaven :) I don't there's a head coach on God's green Earth that counld keep these two in-check. This is one locker room that is going to be a bona-fide circus if this goes down.

That said, Philly wins by getting Porter. He's a first-class receiver who will excel as number one. His ego is such that accomodating Randy Moss' "needs" would not have been a problem.
Great post! I agree. **** the Faiders. :snicker:

I hope they implode. That would be hilarious. :D

ShadowHawk7
06-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Someone here called this. Nice job to whoever that was.

pabillsfankohler
06-30-2005, 10:16 PM
Well, TO is a griper, with no place else to go. So...the Raiders are a natural fit for him. Norv will love TO.

pleasesavedrew
06-30-2005, 10:18 PM
they'll be toghther 1 year, at the most

DraftBoy
06-30-2005, 10:46 PM
We all know the two WR's can complain but nobody here can say that on Sunday they dont play. Even if Moss takes plays off Collins has TO to throw to on the other side and he plays as hard as anyone. For me this is a good deal for OAK as it will give them a year or 2 of contention for the SB before they will have to be in full rebuild mode. I like it for the Eagles too.

Michael82
07-01-2005, 12:21 AM
That sound you are hearing is the cries from the ****ty KC secondary and from Mr Overrated Champ Bailey in Denver.

Gunzlingr
07-01-2005, 06:23 AM
How the hell can they afford those two primadonnas?

Bill Brasky
07-01-2005, 06:25 AM
I posted this 2 freakin days ago.

Gunzlingr
07-01-2005, 06:42 AM
I posted this 2 freakin days ago.
and that is why you are the man!

ryjam282
07-01-2005, 06:54 AM

Yeah, cause Porter really excelled as the #1 last year too right? :shakeno:

I gotta tell ya, this would be unreal to see. I mean how good would Kerry Collins look? I know he isn't that great but if I had TO and Moss to throw to how hard can it be honestly? I think the Raiders would be UNREAL offensively with these two. I think the one that gets hurt in the long run is Lamont Jordan. He signed a big contract and we all know the Norv likes to pound the ball, but he won't be able to with those guys on the field.....I think Norv would have to pull a few pages out of Mike Martz's playbook cause he would have to throw the ball at least 40 times a game to keep these guys happy.

Historian
07-01-2005, 07:44 AM
I'm not sure why the Raiders would even want to even consider this. The coaching staff couldn't handle the abuse.

:rofl:

SABURZFAN
07-01-2005, 08:30 AM
How the hell can they afford those two primadonnas?

where the hell is Clump????? :mad:

i'm wondering the same thing.weren't the Raiders in cap trouble not too long ago?what are the contracts,salary bonuses,etc... for each guy?what's the status of the Raiders now?are they still in cap trouble?if so,who will they have to cut?big mouth sapp?????

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-01-2005, 10:17 AM
I don't doubt that the Raiders are in talks with the Eagles, I think this could end up being a multiplayer deal because the Raiders really need to get rid of Charles Woodson. The Eagles have the cap room to absorb Woodson's salary, and they might do sign and trade to get him extended. I could see the Raiders getting Owens and maybe Lito Sheppard for Porter and Woodson. I don't know if Moss and Owens could coexist on the same team, but you have to factor in that both guys are maturing, and they have to be hungry for a superbowl ring.