If Owens really does go to the Raiders....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

If Owens really does go to the Raiders....

we start the season 0-3. The Raiders game and both NE games are automatic losses.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: If Owens really does go to the Raiders....

Way to have confidence.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

you really think we can cover Moss and Owens at the same time? I pretty much assumed Moss was going to own us anyway- if this trade happens it will just make it that much worse.

And as far as NE goes, what has changed that makes you think we can beat them? They lost Ty Law and maybe Bruschi and that's it. Even without Weiss their offense will take a year or two to show the effects. The only thing we did to get better was lose an aging veteran QB and replace him with a complete question mark.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Ok I could understand the Raiders but we can still beat them. The pats dont scare me like they did before. Im telling you they wont be the same without those two Cordinators.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
          you really think we can cover Moss and Owens at the same time? I pretty much assumed Moss was going to own us anyway- if this trade happens it will just make it that much worse.

And as far as NE goes, what has changed that makes you think we can beat them? They lost Ty Law and maybe Bruschi and that's it. Even without Weiss their offense will take a year or two to show the effects. The only thing we did to get better was lose an aging veteran QB and replace him with a complete question mark.
          First off, unless I missed something last year, the Raiders were pretty bad. There is nothing that tells me that all of a sudden they are playoff calibre even if Owens shows up. Second, NE has had quite a run but they are overdue for a let down. Also, BB is great but don't underestimate losing 2 excellent coordinators.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

I dont care how good Oaklands recievers are. Unless they can generate rushing yards we can shut them down. Not too mention their LBer's blow who is gonna keep up with the Losman bootleg?
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              First off, unless I missed something last year, the Raiders were pretty bad. There is nothing that tells me that all of a sudden they are playoff calibre even if Owens shows up..
              What you missed is a couple of guys named Moss and Jordan.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                I dont care how good Oaklands recievers are. Unless they can generate rushing yards we can shut them down. Not too mention their LBer's blow who is gonna keep up with the Losman bootleg?
                they have Lamont Jordan now plus Robert Gallery and some other good O-linemen. I don't think they'll be able to run all over us, but they'll probably be able to generate sufficient rushing yards to keep us from cheating out on Moss and/or Owens.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37

You thought Moss was going to own us? Why? Clements is one of the best covermen in the league and he has shut down top receivers before.

Comment

• generalmills
                    • Sep 2003

the raiders are turning into the "bad boy" version of the Redskins. If they do make a deal for T.O, one would have to think that as of right now they would have to give something up for him (as he is still under contract with the Eagles).. you have to figure that eventhough the Eagles are caught by the b*lls on this one that their GM would not allow TO to leave for anything but a large player coming back...(look at TD...he is patient and waiting for the difference between a 4th and a 3rd for TH)

Also when (not if) their experiment does not work out they will be totally cap struck for a while. they have very big contracts with only a few players. I am not worried about this at all. The raiders are not going to go 16-0 just because they have the 2 best wideouts in the league. Last time I checked the QB had to get the ball to them and their o-line is not exactly the cowboys of the 90's.

The two will talk a good game before the season starts about their "mega-powers" like tandem.. but once the season is in game 2 or 3 they will begin to moan and complain as their productivity will be cut in half. I hope it happens because it would be very interesting to see how it would all turn out.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
                      you mean our defense is gonna shut down the raiders? we couldn't even shut down pittsburgh's third stringers last year.

i am fearing facing moss cuz he's the freakin man. best WR in the NFL... adding TO to the lineup makes it worse, even if it is Kerry Collins at the helm.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                        What you missed is a couple of guys named Moss and Jordan.
                        Is Collins still the QB?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Is Collins still the QB?
                          Yes.

Hope you're smart enough to not begin to rip Collins considering who you have on your team.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                            Yes.

Hope you're smart enough to not begin to rip Collins considering who you have on your team.
                            This doesn't have to turn into JP vs. Collins. All I'm saying is that it is what it is.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

This doesn't have to turn into JP vs. Collins. All I'm saying is that it is what it is.
                              Sorry I thought you were a fin fan with the name Hurricane.

Comment

Working...
                              X