PDA

View Full Version : So I am standing in the ATL Airport....

Tatonka
07-01-2005, 05:11 PM
http://www.imagemagician.com/images/tatonka/TKOxandxme.jpg

DraftBoy
07-01-2005, 06:07 PM
very nice, TKO lives right around the area that I live in. From what Ive heard he is a very personable guy in public. You shoulda told me you were gonna be in the A-town though!

Tatonka
07-01-2005, 06:20 PM
he was extremely nice.. the conversation was not long but i will say i was encouraged by what he said.

i told him i was a huge bills fan and that i occassionally write fan articles for a great site called billszone.com... he said that was very cool.

i told him i was happy about his pro bowl selection and that it was long overdue.. he agreed.

i asked him about the defense.. how he felt.. and he said the defense is gonna be "beast" this season.

i asked him about jp, and he said that the season will tell, but that he loves what he has seen in practice and that he thinks jp is gonna suprise people this year..

very cool conversation.. really made my whole trip worth it..

DB, it really just dawned on me that you were in ATL.. i was staying alpharetta for the last 2 weeks.

The_Philster
07-01-2005, 06:53 PM
very cool :up:
.DB, it really just dawned on me that you were in ATL.. i was staying alpharetta for the last 2 weeks.:shakeno: Draftboy and RedEyE have both frequently mentioned they're in Atlanta

Tatonka
07-01-2005, 07:02 PM
i know they are there.. but i was there on business for 2 weeks.. i was more preoccupied with the fact that i had to leave my little boy than what i should be going out and doing while there.. i dont think i went more than 10 miles from the hotel at any point..

my bad.. i will have to go back again at some point though..

i will be in mechanicsburg, PA for two weeks starting on july 11th and then in Fall River, MA for 2 weeks at the end of august..

Ickybaluky
07-01-2005, 08:47 PM
i will be in mechanicsburg, PA for two weeks starting on july 11th and then in Fall River, MA for 2 weeks at the end of august..

Fall River? What are you there for?

That place is a pit.

You should drive down to Newport, RI if you get the chance while there. Newport is a great place to visit, and is only a half-hour away.

Dozerdog
07-01-2005, 09:00 PM
i know they are there.. but i was there on business for 2 weeks.. i was more preoccupied with the fact that i had to leave my little boy than what i should be going out and doing while there.. i dont think i went more than 10 miles from the hotel at any point..

my bad.. i will have to go back again at some point though..

Fall River? Your employer is sending you there? On purpose?

If my job doesn't prevent me from going- I can hook up with ya in Fall River. :up:

casdhf
07-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Looks like you've got an inch or two on him.

Dr. Lecter
07-01-2005, 09:18 PM
I flew through Atlanta twice this week and did not see anybody cool.

Tatonka
07-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Fall River? What are you there for?

That place is a pit.

You should drive down to Newport, RI if you get the chance while there. Newport is a great place to visit, and is only a half-hour away.

fall river is where one of the training offices is.. i think we are actually there for one week.. then at another facility the next week.. but it is close enough that we stay in the same hotel.. i was also told we are not flying into boston, but into providence? does that sound right? i thought providence was in RI, but i guess it is closer..

Fall River? Your employer is sending you there? On purpose?

If my job doesn't prevent me from going- I can hook up with ya in Fall River. :up:

cool :up: i will let you know when i get the dates confirmed.. i think it is the last two weeks of august, but i am not positive yet.

Looks like you've got an inch or two on him.

yeah.. i was definately taller than him.. i think i could have kicked his ass. he had a loui vuitton back pack on..

:hockey:

:snicker:

Tatonka
07-01-2005, 10:11 PM
i should get a free "glowing name" for pimping the billszone.com to tko!

show some love, mods! :tip:

Fat Tony
07-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Fall River is on the coast- If Cape cod is the "arm" - Fall river is the Arm Pit.

Fall River is about 5-10 miles to the east of Providence RI, about 15 miles from the airport.

It's 40-50 miles south of Boston

Tatonka
07-01-2005, 10:42 PM
thanks tony

DraftBoy
07-01-2005, 10:48 PM
I flew through Atlanta twice this week and did not see anybody cool.

You gotta be cool to meet somebody cool

wchutalkinboutwillis
07-01-2005, 11:17 PM
That's great. I hope TKO trims down that gut, though. I also hope he fixes that insignia on his t-shirt.

Bill Brasky
07-01-2005, 11:18 PM
that's cool he let you take a pic w/ him.

I don't approach any "famous" people when I see them in public... they get it nonstop. I wouldn't want to deal w/ the crap everywhere I went.

Dr. Lecter
07-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Saying Takeo is not cool is kinda rude.

clumping platelets
07-02-2005, 02:14 AM
I used to live near Otis AFB. How close is that to Fall River? :(

don137
07-02-2005, 08:01 AM
Very cool T.

Tatonka
07-02-2005, 08:30 AM
That's great. I hope TKO trims down that gut, though. I also hope he fixes that insignia on his t-shirt.
Believe me.. that is just the way the picture is.. he does not have an inch of fat on him.. his tshirt just sits way out because of how big his damn chest is.

although i was taller than him, i did notice that when he shook my hand, his hands engulfed mine..

Tatonka
07-02-2005, 08:31 AM
that's cool he let you take a pic w/ him.

I don't approach any "famous" people when I see them in public... they get it nonstop. I wouldn't want to deal w/ the crap everywhere I went.

i thought real hard about not saying something, but there was no one around him.. and he was very polite.

i tried to be as little of a bother as i could.

Cntrygal
07-02-2005, 08:44 AM
That's too cool T!

RedEyE
07-02-2005, 08:45 AM
TKO was in town for a childrens benefit. I saw it on the news Thursday.

2 weeks in Alpharetta and not 1 beer. :shakeno:

C'mon man, our kids are like 2 weeks apart in age. We could have established an arranged marriage or something. :D

The_Philster
07-02-2005, 09:24 AM
that's cool he let you take a pic w/ him.I don't approach any "famous" people when I see them in public... they get it nonstop. I wouldn't want to deal w/ the crap everywhere I went.pretty much the same way here...saw Jamie Nails passing by us heading into McKinley Mall in the preseason of his rookie year...I had met him at camp a few weeks earlier...just gave him a little wave is all...passed by Gabe "Zoo" Northern once at at the Galleria...other than that, the occasional run in back in the day with BRUCE and Thurman at the Big Tree...I remember the one time Bruce came in after a preseason game and he got pestered for autographs by this one lady...he didn't stick around..personally, I think it's cooler to talk to them in a relaxed setting than it is to get autographs. JMO

RedEyE
07-02-2005, 09:24 AM
TKO looks shorter than I imagined.

The last buffalo fan
07-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Excelente!!! One of the several advantages in living in the USA and near to the beloved BUFFALO BILLS!!! Thank you for sharing.

ublinkwescore
07-02-2005, 01:21 PM

I met Dennis Miller at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, California - shook his hand and got his autograph - he was standing on the exit side of the coaster train where people get on and off.

This was before his monday night football fiasco.

Tatonka
07-02-2005, 07:18 PM

i am 6"2' - 200... he definately looked 6"1" (i had boots on).. and he was every bit of 245-250.

Iehoshua
07-03-2005, 02:22 AM
That's awesome! :up: Too sweet dude!!

Michael82
07-03-2005, 07:53 AM
That's really cool, man! :up:

Tatonka
07-03-2005, 08:46 AM
yeah, it definately was unexpected... but he was very nice.

he was w/ someone as well.. and from what i can tell.. it looked like sam aiken... i really think it was him.. but i cant be 100% SURE.

ryjam282
07-03-2005, 07:00 PM
i thought real hard about not saying something, but there was no one around him.. and he was very polite.

i tried to be as little of a bother as i could.

That is very cool T, I love seeing those famous people out. They are usually very cool when you get them one on one most of the time. I have seen some famous guys and if you catch them alone and are very polite and don't hound them for an autograph and don't make a huge scene about them, they are usually cool. Most of the time, they just don't want to be bothered by all the people and can appreciate it when you are quiet and just approach them for some slight conversation and stuff.

Nice job T, TKO is the man.

Ed
07-05-2005, 09:36 AM
very nice, TKO lives right around the area that I live in. From what Ive heard he is a very personable guy in public. You shoulda told me you were gonna be in the A-town though!
I'm moving to Atlanta in August. You know any good places to watch the games? Do you know of any Bills bars?

Mr. Cynical
07-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Cool T...and from that pic, it does kinda look like you could kick his ass. :snicker:

Funny how photos can distort reality so much..... :;

OpIv37
07-05-2005, 09:26 PM

we met him after the Baltimore game last year- he was shorter than Bledsoe but Bledsoe's like 6'5" or something. Trust me- TKO is jacked. I know it's a common joke about jocks, but the man literally has no neck. Being hit by him has to feel like hitting a brick wall.

Tatonka
07-05-2005, 09:40 PM
Cool T...and from that pic, it does kinda look like you could kick his ass. :snicker:

Funny how photos can distort reality so much..... :;

i dont know.. does it count as kicking his ass if i punch him in the nuts and haul ass out of there?

DraftBoy
07-05-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm moving to Atlanta in August. You know any good places to watch the games? Do you know of any Bills bars?

Jocks and Jills downtown, but no Bills bars near the are, Redeye may know of some place.

T hitting in the nuts and running only counts if he falls down. If he falls you can tell everyone you kicked his ass.

DraftBoy
07-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Ohh and next time drop somebody a pm to let them know your in the Dirty south we can meet up and drop a few back.