X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Titans Offer Conditional 3rd for Henry

Let the bidding war begin. From www.billsdaily.com with the Jags very interested anyone think we could get a 2 round pick?

Titans Offer Conditional Pick: An article in today's Nashville Tennessean quotes the Titans GM as willing to give a conditional third round pick for Travis Henry. The Bills are holding out for a straight third round pick that isn't contingent on Henry hitting certain numbers. The Bills have some leverage here as the Jaguars may be the front runner for Henry as Fred Taylor recovers from a knee injury

Here is the whole articel from the Tennessean. Nothing Earth shattering except the Bills are closer to the magic number of 3.....rd round!!!!!
    Last edited by camelcowboy; 07-02-2005, 10:31 AM.

• thebuffalobills4
    • Aug 2004

Re: Titans Offer Conditional 3rd for Henry

Originally posted by camelcowboy
    Let the bidding war begin. From www.billsdaily.com with the Jags very interested anyone think we could get a 2 round pick?

Titans Offer Conditional Pick: An article in today's Nashville Tennessean quotes the Titans GM as willing to give a conditional third round pick for Travis Henry. The Bills are holding out for a straight third round pick that isn't contingent on Henry hitting certain numbers. The Bills have some leverage here as the Jaguars may be the front runner for Henry as Fred Taylor recovers from a knee injury

Here is the whole articel from the Tennessean. Nothing Earth shattering except the Bills are closer to the magic number of 3.....rd round!!!!!
    whats with the picks?2nd and 3rd round for him?come on he is worth more than that.it should be a player on player trade in my opinion.

.........and if this trade goes threw by any of these two teams,we got riped
    off.
    :oldskool:
    micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Good news, I guess.

I'm not too sure the Bills should get greedy at this point. Personally I'd like Henry to stay in Buffalo. If McGahee falls to injury, Henry wins back his starting position.

I think Henry and his agent played this gig all wrong. They should have just played out Henry's contract rather than seeking a trade.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by thebuffalobills4
        whats with the picks?2nd and 3rd round for him?come on he is worth more than that.it should be a player on player trade in my opinion.

.........and if this trade goes threw by any of these two teams,we got riped
        off.
        Not really.

Henry is not a great back. A 3rd is more than fair for him.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

It's obvious that Henry isn't going to be on our roster on 11 SEP. If Tennessee uis offering us a conditional 3rd for him, cal Jacksonville and see if they will give a straight up third. I still feel Henry is worth a 2nd rounder. Bue we are not going to get that.

Comment

• Iehoshua
            • Jan 2003

Hopefully Donahoe's stubbornness will pay off and the price will continue to creep up.

Comment

• Jayhawk
              • Aug 2004

hey maybe we can trade him for LJ shelton. Oh wait, waited too long on that.
              http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jayhawk
                hey maybe we can trade him for LJ shelton. Oh wait, waited too long on that.

I wonder what kind of numbers he would need in order to get us that 3rd..
                I still wouldn't trade him though, I think either the Titans or Jags will cave in that 3rd by the end of July. If we're lucky, and it turns into a bidding war b/w the two, we may end up w/ a conditional 2nd.
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                  Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                  • Jan 2004

i'd love for TH to stay here and have a great RB duo but he wants out and it's understandable after what happened. if we can get equal value for him, which I consider to be a low 2nd or high 3rd at this point in his career, then move him.

some might say he warrants a higher pick, but he is somewhat injury prone which lowers his value unfortunately, no matter how many yards/TD's he can rack up.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

I wouldn't call him injury prone - I would call him tough though.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Fairway
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                      anyone think we could get a 2 round pick?

no

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Anyone know the conditions? Sounds more like a conditional 4th escalating into a 3rd.

If Brown stays healthy for the Titans you have to assume that Travis will have a very limited # of touches for the Titans.. were as with the Jags he'd probably have more touches to meet escalators in the conditions.
                        Last edited by juice; 07-02-2005, 01:41 PM.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

This is great news. I bet we may end getting a conditional 2nd rounder from Jacksonville.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

screw that conditional crap.give us a 3rd now and be done with it.TC is upon us and there's no time to waste.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

am i the only one who thinks henry is more valuable to the bills as a back up than a 3rd rounder?
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X