PDA

View Full Version : Titans Offer Conditional 3rd for Henry

camelcowboy
07-02-2005, 10:17 AM
Let the bidding war begin. From www.billsdaily.com (http://www.billsdaily.com/) with the Jags very interested anyone think we could get a 2 round pick?

Titans Offer Conditional Pick: An article in today's Nashville Tennessean quotes the Titans GM as willing to give a conditional third round pick for Travis Henry. The Bills are holding out for a straight third round pick that isn't contingent on Henry hitting certain numbers. The Bills have some leverage here as the Jaguars may be the front runner for Henry as Fred Taylor recovers from a knee injury

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050702/SPORTS01/507020347/1328/SPORTS

Here is the whole articel from the Tennessean. Nothing Earth shattering except the Bills are closer to the magic number of 3.....rd round!!!!!:jam:

thebuffalobills4
07-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Let the bidding war begin. From www.billsdaily.com (http://www.billsdaily.com/) with the Jags very interested anyone think we could get a 2 round pick?

Titans Offer Conditional Pick: An article in today's Nashville Tennessean quotes the Titans GM as willing to give a conditional third round pick for Travis Henry. The Bills are holding out for a straight third round pick that isn't contingent on Henry hitting certain numbers. The Bills have some leverage here as the Jaguars may be the front runner for Henry as Fred Taylor recovers from a knee injury

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050702/SPORTS01/507020347/1328/SPORTS

Here is the whole articel from the Tennessean. Nothing Earth shattering except the Bills are closer to the magic number of 3.....rd round!!!!!:jam:
whats with the picks?2nd and 3rd round for him?come on he is worth more than that.it should be a player on player trade in my opinion.

.........and if this trade goes threw by any of these two teams,we got riped
off. :respect:

RedEyE
07-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Good news, I guess.

I'm not too sure the Bills should get greedy at this point. Personally I'd like Henry to stay in Buffalo. If McGahee falls to injury, Henry wins back his starting position.

I think Henry and his agent played this gig all wrong. They should have just played out Henry's contract rather than seeking a trade.

Dr. Lecter
07-02-2005, 11:21 AM
whats with the picks?2nd and 3rd round for him?come on he is worth more than that.it should be a player on player trade in my opinion.

.........and if this trade goes threw by any of these two teams,we got riped
off. :respect:
Not really.

Henry is not a great back. A 3rd is more than fair for him.

jamze132
07-02-2005, 11:33 AM
It's obvious that Henry isn't going to be on our roster on 11 SEP. If Tennessee uis offering us a conditional 3rd for him, cal Jacksonville and see if they will give a straight up third. I still feel Henry is worth a 2nd rounder. Bue we are not going to get that.

Iehoshua
07-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Hopefully Donahoe's stubbornness will pay off and the price will continue to creep up.

Jayhawk
07-02-2005, 12:10 PM
hey maybe we can trade him for LJ shelton. Oh wait, waited too long on that. :doh:

ShadowHawk7
07-02-2005, 12:35 PM
hey maybe we can trade him for LJ shelton. Oh wait, waited too long on that. :doh:
:cynic:

I wonder what kind of numbers he would need in order to get us that 3rd..
I still wouldn't trade him though, I think either the Titans or Jags will cave in that 3rd by the end of July. If we're lucky, and it turns into a bidding war b/w the two, we may end up w/ a conditional 2nd.

Bill Brasky
07-02-2005, 12:46 PM
i'd love for TH to stay here and have a great RB duo but he wants out and it's understandable after what happened. if we can get equal value for him, which I consider to be a low 2nd or high 3rd at this point in his career, then move him.

some might say he warrants a higher pick, but he is somewhat injury prone which lowers his value unfortunately, no matter how many yards/TD's he can rack up.

ublinkwescore
07-02-2005, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't call him injury prone - I would call him tough though.

Novacane
07-02-2005, 01:18 PM
anyone think we could get a 2 round pick?

no

juice
07-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Anyone know the conditions? Sounds more like a conditional 4th escalating into a 3rd.

If Brown stays healthy for the Titans you have to assume that Travis will have a very limited # of touches for the Titans.. were as with the Jags he'd probably have more touches to meet escalators in the conditions.

Michael82
07-02-2005, 02:33 PM
This is great news. I bet we may end getting a conditional 2nd rounder from Jacksonville. :up:

SABURZFAN
07-02-2005, 02:48 PM
screw that conditional crap.give us a 3rd now and be done with it.TC is upon us and there's no time to waste.

Tatonka
07-02-2005, 07:13 PM
am i the only one who thinks henry is more valuable to the bills as a back up than a 3rd rounder?

Dr. Lecter
07-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Why keep a guy around who will be a locker room PITA?

Trade him for a 3rd or a 4th. He only has one year left on his contract and at this point of his career is a mid-level RB anyway.

juice
07-02-2005, 08:19 PM
am i the only one who thinks henry is more valuable to the bills as a back up than a 3rd rounder?I dont know if you can trust THen in the backup role for the Bills, as much of a fuss as he's made about the situation TH might just cough up the rock on purpose or suddenly slip at the 1 yd line by mistake.

I remember at the end of last season when WM hyperextended his knee and the Bills still had a chance at the Playoffs, Travis was asked by the Media if he could play would he.. and Travis was like "Why are you asking me about playing.. I'm hurt". Travis seemed kinda' like he wanted to get back at the organization.

But at this point I dont really see any reason to pull the trigger until you see what happens with Taylor, or maybe someone like Philly loses a starting RB early in camp.. they would be hurtin' if T.O. holds out for awhile.

billsballerc
07-02-2005, 09:46 PM
I just wish we could keep both of them but having those two big ego's it's one or the other. Tell you the truth i really dont like WM because you know next season he is going to want more money.

Plus you look at Mcgahee and say wow one good hit to the knee and hes done for. If Travis Still wanted to stay i would rather have him then Willis. I mean Travis was a Bills fan growing up. Well we all no how its gonna work out so just get him out of Buffalo before he starts up more crap.

clumping platelets
07-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Hmmmm.....seems like the criticisms were wrong :ontome:

I would love to see a cond 2nd but guaranteed 3rd :up:

ublinkwescore
07-02-2005, 11:54 PM
is samari rolle still a titan?

ublinkwescore
07-02-2005, 11:56 PM
this might be a nice contingency plan for Clements maybe?

camelcowboy
07-03-2005, 12:28 AM
is samari rolle still a titan?
No he was cut by the titans, and signed with the Ravens

Michael82
07-03-2005, 08:18 AM
am i the only one who thinks henry is more valuable to the bills as a back up than a 3rd rounder?
yeah you are. He wouldn't put his heart into it. His agent's a ****ing moron. We've already established that and it's been proven that he's not very smart either. it would make perfect sense for him to suit up and try to be McGahee for the job. It would make sense for him to work his ass off in Buffalo and show people he is still good, every time he carries the ball. Unfortunately, he's not going to do that. It's a shame. :(

wchutalkinboutwillis
07-03-2005, 09:48 PM
I think the Bills will eventually get their 2nd rounder for Henry. Think about it. There's two teams that are serious about getting him now and probably a couple of others that are interested. If it doesn't happen before training camp, there's a good chance it will happen during camp when a starter goes down somewhere. The great thing is that there are two team competing for him right now. Whoever wants him the most will ante up to get him into camp on time.
At the end of the day, Travis Henry is a young guy that has performed like a first round pick. During draft day, if a GM had a crystal ball that said "This guy will run for 1,300 yds and 10 TD's this season". What would that GM do? I would think that he would take him with his first available pick. A crystal ball isn't needed here. Everyone is aware of Henry's strengths and weaknesses with the former clearly outweighing the latter. Point being, Henry is worth a lot more than what the market is currently offering.

Jan Reimers
07-04-2005, 07:09 AM
No. I agree with you completely.

Kerr
07-04-2005, 11:04 AM
TH does not want to be here anymore. There's no reason to keep a guy who doesn't want to be here on the team. Bad news...

Jan Reimers
07-04-2005, 05:08 PM
TH does not want to be here anymore. There's no reason to keep a guy who doesn't want to be here on the team. Bad news...
I think the whole clubhouse cancer thing is almost as overrated as Michael Vick. In this case, TH is not even a team leader, so who is going to pay any attention to his grousing?

If we can't get value for him, he should be on our opening day roster. TH will be an excellent backup and insurance policy for WM.

Bert102176
07-06-2005, 02:59 PM
I would love to see Henry stay and use Willis and Travis like Thurman and Kenneth were used, but with Henry being an ass it won't happen he needs to grow up

HHURRICANE
07-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Here we go again. Henry would be an idot to stay here. He want's starter money, which he deserves, and anyone who thinks differently is crazy. Why should he be doing anything differently. Because we were so loyal to him when we drafted McGahee? He is going to get picked up and sign a better deal than the one he has here. Quite frankly, getting a third rounder for him is about right. You folks would be going nuts if we were the team in need of a running back and we gave up a second rounder for him. Take off your homer glasses.

Billsouth
07-06-2005, 08:04 PM
hhomer, your post makes no sense. the phins gave up a 2nd or 3rd for lamar gordan last year. EVER hear of him? did he ever run for more than a 1000 yards or ever make a pro bowl? oh bye the way, the rams already had marshall faulk and drafted steven jackson.

Luisito23
07-06-2005, 08:54 PM
yeah you are. He wouldn't put his heart into it. His agent's a ****ing moron. We've already established that and it's been proven that he's not very smart either. it would make perfect sense for him to suit up and try to be McGahee for the job. It would make sense for him to work his ass off in Buffalo and show people he is still good, every time he carries the ball. Unfortunately, he's not going to do that. It's a shame. :(

Which is pretty stupid because if he did put his heart into Buffalo for at least 1 more season, he could possible get a nice contract from any other team when he becomes a free agent, I mean look at what LaMont Jordan got from the Raiders, and I think we all agree that T.H. is way better than L.J. right??

BILLS 4 LIFE BABY!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Lecter
07-06-2005, 09:23 PM
Is TH way better than LJ at this point of thier resective careers?

I don't think it is as clear cut as many think it is.

wchutalkinboutwillis
07-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Henry's better than Jordan at this point simply because he's battle tested and a proven starter in the NFL. Right now, Lamont is just another Darrick Holmes. No disrespect to either player.

mysticsoto
07-07-2005, 08:26 AM
Is TH way better than LJ at this point of thier resective careers?

I don't think it is as clear cut as many think it is.

??? Of course TH is better!!! How can you even question it? TH was a starter and a pro-bowler and has played hard and strong even while injured!!! What has LJ ever done that would compare to that???

Dr. Lecter
07-07-2005, 08:49 AM
??? Of course TH is better!!! How can you even question it? TH was a starter and a pro-bowler and has played hard and strong even while injured!!! What has LJ ever done that would compare to that???
First TH was in the pro bowl after a number of guys pulled out due to injury.

He also gets injured every year. He can't block. He has no breakaway speed. He is an average receiver (at best). His lower leg injuries are the type that kill RB's. His runnign style leads to a short careeer. And, finally, TH's performance last year. He was slow in hitting the hole and had no lateral movement. He looked like a RB that was about finished.

mysticsoto
07-07-2005, 08:58 AM
First TH was in the pro bowl after a number of guys pulled out due to injury.

He also gets injured every year. He can't block. He has no breakaway speed. He is an average receiver (at best). His lower leg injuries are the type that kill RB's. His runnign style leads to a short careeer. And, finally, TH's performance last year. He was slow in hitting the hole and had no lateral movement. He looked like a RB that was about finished.
I'm sorry, in all the putdowns of TH above, I didn't hear you mention what LJ has done in his lifetime to warrant being ranked higher than TH.

TH is 26 and young still. Our line wasn't great and took a while to gel last year - causing him to look bad. He does not have breakaway speed but has toughness and endurance. He's also now had an extra year of relaxation, recovery and rest since he didn't play much last season.

Once again, what has LJ done? He's never even started and played for a full season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Earthquake Enyart
07-07-2005, 09:06 AM

I think the whole clubhouse cancer thing is almost as overrated as Michael Vick. In this case, TH is not even a team leader, so who is going to pay any attention to his grousing?

If we can't get value for him, he should be on our opening day roster. TH will be an excellent backup and insurance policy for WM.

I agree with you two guys wholeheartedly.

I'd rather keep him than accept a third.

Dr. Lecter
07-07-2005, 09:22 AM
I'm sorry, in all the putdowns of TH above, I didn't hear you mention what LJ has done in his lifetime to warrant being ranked higher than TH.

TH is 26 and young still. Our line wasn't great and took a while to gel last year - causing him to look bad. He does not have breakaway speed but has toughness and endurance. He's also now had an extra year of relaxation, recovery and rest since he didn't play much last season.

Once again, what has LJ done? He's never even started and played for a full season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not saying that LJ is great. But he has appeared to be on the upswing of his career. Lok at what he did last year as a back-up to Martin. At very least he is not way better than TH.

As for the line causing TH to look bad, that is not entirely true. I watched him run last year. He had no lateral movement. He ran straight into the line. Funny how as soon as Willis came into the game, the line looked pretty good.

TH is only 26, but is not a young 26. He has had lower leg injuried two years running. Take a 3rd of 4th for him and be happy. His contract situation is also not in the Bills beniefit. With only one year left why would they not take a 3rd when he is gone for nothing next year?

mysticsoto
07-07-2005, 09:54 AM
I am not saying that LJ is great. But he has appeared to be on the upswing of his career. Lok at what he did last year as a back-up to Martin. At very least he is not way better than TH.

As for the line causing TH to look bad, that is not entirely true. I watched him run last year. He had no lateral movement. He ran straight into the line. Funny how as soon as Willis came into the game, the line looked pretty good.

TH is only 26, but is not a young 26. He has had lower leg injuried two years running. Take a 3rd of 4th for him and be happy. His contract situation is also not in the Bills beniefit. With only one year left why would they not take a 3rd when he is gone for nothing next year?
"Appeared to be on the upswing" is speculation...you are speculating at what level you think LJ is at. Many may disagree with you. For the record, I think LJ will do fine in Oakland. With the outstanding cast of receivers playing to Kerry's strengths, and the sick O-line that they have, teams are going to have to support the secondary any way they can. That should open up some yardage for Lamont.

WM did make the line look better - but I don't think you'll find many arguing that WM is not above TH's level. He is clearly above, and that's why he won the spot. That shouldn't take away from TH being a decent back though.

And I'm with you in taking a 3rd for TH, but right now we don't have a 3rd. We have a conditional 3rd that could be a 4th if TH doesn't get much playing time. I mean, c'mon, look at the backs that were taken in this year's 3rd round:

1. Frank Gore - strong but has had injury problems
2. Vernand Morency - fast, but short.
3. Ryan Moats - even shorter
4. Maurice Clarett - terrible combine - was very slow! Perhaps has potential though.

Looking at these 3rd rd picks...would you rather any of these or Travis Henry ??? Personally, I think that's a no-brainer!!!

wchutalkinboutwillis
07-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Jordan has had his chances to prove he is capable of filling Curtis Martin's shoes. He simply didn't do a good enough job of convincing the Jets brass to keep him. Yes, they wanted him, but only after he a had a few good games last year. The Jets weren't willing to pay the price while the crazy ass Raiders will throw crazy money to anyone they think will help them win.
TH is in a different league than LJ until LJ proves himself. That means going out there after the kick-off as the starter against a fresh defense, taking a few hand offs, experiencing a couple of tackles behind the line, dealing with a couple of games averaging under 2.0 yds a carry, not relying on mop up duty to build up his stats, etc. He may be great but he has to prove it. Right now, he doesn't have much on Blair Thomas.

Historian
07-08-2005, 08:11 AM
I think the Bills will eventually get their 2nd rounder for Henry. Think about it. There's two teams that are serious about getting him now and probably a couple of others that are interested.

You may be right. Especially if you consider that both teams (Jax and Tenn) are in the same division. Each team wants him on their team, but each team also wants to keep him off the other team as well.

Who knows? Maybe that does translate to a 2nd.

A third would be fair. A third with the possibility of it being a second would be a great value for the Bills.

wchutalkinboutwillis
07-08-2005, 01:03 PM
A third with the possibility of it being a second would be a great value for the Bills.[/QUOTE]
As long as TD doesn't get greedy, this is what should happen. The conditional 2nd being TH rushing for 1,000 yds. If TD absolutely wants it's done prior to camp, he may take a straight 3rd and run. However, he may gamble that a starter goes down in camp somewhere causing Henry's stock to rise even more. If TD can't get his 3rd rounder put a muzzle on Henry and make him play. He's a quality back.