X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4jp
    • Jun 2005

Preseason quarterback situation

In the past the #1 QB gets little work in presaeson games, giving more time to unproven guys to see what hey got. The question is with the Bills this year will it be the opposite? Will jp start all games and get a half or so and leave the second half for Holcombe and Matthews? That's what I think will happen,what about you guys?
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Preseason quarterback situation

Welcome to the Zone...

and I think that JP will get the most play.
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• losman2evans
      • Aug 2002

Probably 3 out of 4 quarters in games 1-3 and 1/4- 1/2 in game 4

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

JP is a first year starter. Holcomb and Matthews have about 20 years in the league between them. JP should certainly get the bulk of the work.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Fat Tony
          • Sep 2002

There will be a balance between getting JP maximum time and not exposing him to injury.

I don't want JP in there if he's not with the first team offensive line or the first team skill players. There is no need to expose him to injury with Geir Gunderman protecting his blind side.

Plus, what will he learn of his rookie WR's are running wrong routes or making rookie mistakes?

I'd go with 2 games playing a half, 1 game playing a quarter, and the last pre-season game- usually a throw-away- can be used if the performance isn't where we want it to be

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Fat Tony
            There will be a balance between getting JP maximum time and not exposing him to injury.

I don't want JP in there if he's not with the first team offensive line or the first team skill players. There is no need to expose him to injury with Geir Gunderman protecting his blind side.

Plus, what will he learn of his rookie WR's are running wrong routes or making rookie mistakes?

I'd go with 2 games playing a half, 1 game playing a quarter, and the last pre-season game- usually a throw-away- can be used if the performance isn't where we want it to be
            Agree 100% Tony !! I think the only thing that will slow J.P. down is an injury. It would be nice if Kelly could get some extra reps ,since he's entirely new to the system. good post!!!!

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Johnny Coli
              • Oct 2003

The risk of injury is too great. He's worth too much to this team to let him ever take the field. Let's just make him an offensive coordinator.
              We're only doin' it cuz we have to get paid. We ain't doin' it for you.

Comment

• Pride
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Coli
                The risk of injury is too great. He's worth too much to this team to let him ever take the field. Let's just make him an offensive coordinator.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Fat Tony

I don't want JP in there if he's not with the first team offensive line or the first team skill players.
                  The first team O-line should play most of preseason too- they need all the practice they can get.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Marvelous
                    • Feb 2004

It's not just JP who benifits from more time. O-line- wr timing etc...
                    GO BILLS!!! NE
                    Magical Trevor

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                      • Dec 2004

JP probably won't be seeing any more time than the rest of the first stringers. You don't want to risk injury. And the Bills want to hide the fact that he's going to suck (c'mon most rooks do) from the fans until the regular season starts.

Comment

• ryjam282
                        Offical Billszone Starting QB
                        • Mar 2003

I think he will get more time as the preseason goes on as usual but I think he will get more then usual at the beginning. I am not talking about a whole half or anything like that but it will be more then one or two series in the first game.

Ryan Withey
                        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

Working...
                        X