PDA

View Full Version : Henry/Alexander

juice
07-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Alexander was pretty pissed about not getting that rushing title and had a few comments that may have alienated coach Holmgren at the end of last season.

Now he is willing to hold out into the seasons' start to get a long term deal done.. my question is how pressed are the SeaHawk people to get a deal complete with Alex after the way he called out the staff for not giving him another carry to finish the season as the #1 rusher?

Maybe instead of the Mega-Million dollar payday Alex is seeking, Seattle might look to save some $$ by taking a certain disgruntled Bills RB for less money and look to deal Alexander to another team for picks as the SeaHawk franchise player.

Alexander says he wants to finish his career in Seattle but he doesn't sound alot like a RB who is completely satisfied with his situation. At this point, just before the start of camp, any unrest at the RB position keeps Henrys' trade value up and maybe this could turn into another option to consider.

msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3737208

Mr. Miyagi
07-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Interesting.

But calling the guy "Alex" is just :limp:

RedEyE
07-04-2005, 03:12 PM
I think Seattle has to bite the bullet on this one. The guy is money on the field. He also already apologized to the media, fans and coaching staff. Henry isn't the same style back as Alexander and wouldn't fit into Saettles system so easily.

Italian Stallion
07-04-2005, 03:18 PM
I think Seattle has to bite the bullet on this one. The guy is money on the field. He also already apologized to the media, fans and coaching staff. Henry isn't the same style back as Alexander and wouldn't fit into Saettles system so easily.

Exactly what I was gonna say...you just don't plug any back into an offensive system. Henry is not a west cost offense back by any stretch, and Seattle would be trying to fit a square peg Henry into their round hole offense.

Making trades for cap reasons and such is just one of the many factors that teams consider, however taking into account what fits your team best and what gives them the best chance to win...... probally ranks slightly higher on the list. :peace:

juice
07-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Interesting.But calling the guy "Alex" is just :limp::blowup:

I think Seattle has to bite the bullet on this one. The guy is money on the field. He also already apologized to the media, fans and coaching staff. Henry isn't the same style back as Alexander and wouldn't fit into Saettles system so easily.You may be right about the style issues, Maybe desperation sets in if SA holds out for any lenth of time. Apology or not SA hasn't forgotten about the Rushing Title snub and he's not gonna make things easy for the Seattle Brass.. Not finishing last season as the rushing champ may have costed him millions of dollars.

Exactly what I was gonna say...you just don't plug any back into an offensive system. Henry is not a west cost offense back by any stretch, and Seattle would be trying to fit a square peg Henry into their round hole offense.Making trades for cap reasons and such is just one of the many factors that teams consider, however taking into account what fits your team best and what gives them the best chance to win...... probally ranks slightly higher on the list. :peace:I guess it all depends on what SA is looking to get paid.. and if Holmgren really wants to keep him bad enough. Henry seems to do enough things well enough that you may be able to get use out of him in any system.. He can run and he can catch.

X-Era
07-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Alexander was pretty pissed about not getting that rushing title and had a few comments that may have alienated coach Holmgren at the end of last season.

Now he is willing to hold out into the seasons' start to get a long term deal done.. my question is how pressed are the SeaHawk people to get a deal complete with Alex after the way he called out the staff for not giving him another carry to finish the season as the #1 rusher?

Maybe instead of the Mega-Million dollar payday Alex is seeking, Seattle might look to save some $$ by taking a certain disgruntled Bills RB for less money and look to deal Alexander to another team for picks as the SeaHawk franchise player.

Alexander says he wants to finish his career in Seattle but he doesn't sound alot like a RB who is completely satisfied with his situation. At this point, just before the start of camp, any unrest at the RB position keeps Henrys' trade value up and maybe this could turn into another option to consider.

msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3737208 (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3737208)
I dont see the point to this move. Why would Sea trade for Henry and then trade Alexander? They may gain a 2 but lose a 3. Then they have to sign Henry, yes he would be cheaper but not by so much that its worth all that. Why not simply keep Alexander and sign him and then keep their picks where they are. In most peoples minds Alexander is worth the money. Sea will keep Alexander and you will see that his deal is pretty reasonable.

juice
07-04-2005, 09:32 PM
I dont see the point to this move. Why would Sea trade for Henry and then trade Alexander? They may gain a 2 but lose a 3. Then they have to sign Henry, yes he would be cheaper but not by so much that its worth all that. Why not simply keep Alexander and sign him and then keep their picks where they are. In most peoples minds Alexander is worth the money. Sea will keep Alexander and you will see that his deal is pretty reasonable.I agree with what RedEye said SEA will "Bite the Bullet" on this one with SA taking such a strong stance, But I don't think he will come cheap at all.. like he said in the article, he wanted to get a deal done a few years in a meeting between him and Holmgren and it didn't get done.

SA took that rushing title issue as a sign of disrespect and now he's looking to be paid like a RB who has averaged 1400yds/season over the past 4 years.. If you think about it.. by not making sure he got that Rushing title last year they hurt his value by millions of dollars, thats disrepectful to a RB who has put up numbers like SA has put up.

SA isn't going to give the team a break by showing loyalty when he feels like he wasn't shown the respect he deserved at the end of last year.

Henry wont get anywhere near his value in his contract wherever he ends up going, he'll be had for a fraction of what SA signs for.. Maybe talks break down and SA wants outta SEA, Henry would be one of a few RBs available.
Yeah its a stretch but the idea of getting Henry outta the AFC would make a 3rd for him going out West a good deal for the Bills.

Anyway Alexander holding out can only help Henrys' value and TD might be well served to float some "Henry to SEA" rumors to get another team in the mix before TC begins.

I think SA wants to be the highest paid RB in the NFL.