PDA

View Full Version : Ron Edwards to have breakout season...

ublinkwescore
07-05-2005, 10:58 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/experts/dan-pompei/20050701.html

OpIv37
07-05-2005, 11:06 AM
I won't be convinced until Edwards proves it on the field- I'm still concerned about the D-line (although not as concerned as I am about the O-line)

DraftBoy
07-05-2005, 11:13 AM
To be honest Im with Op, but the DL is a bigger worry for me than the OL. I have faith in McNally after last season.

TheBrownBear
07-05-2005, 12:09 PM
I've always liked Edwards. He's one of those players that's shown improvement every season. I expect him to step in and produce.

ryven
07-05-2005, 12:25 PM
Well I am not going to say that he will make us miss Big Pat but he will bring something else to the table the ability to get into the back field. Pat could get in the back field but it was really not his specialty were Edwards has that ability to knife through a line and just maybe he can help out in that pesky pass rush department that alot of people complain about.

ShadowHawk7
07-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Big Sam, who had 5 sacks, plus Edwards, who had 4 sacks in a limited role, should make up one of the best DT tandems in the NFL in the area of penetrating the backfield. For the run, Adams should be the rock he usually is, drawing the double team, while Edwards should be able to take advantage of that and stop the run decently as well, or at least occupy blockers so our LBs can make the play. Edwards is actually bigger than Big Pat was, now that he's 320 lbs, and can still move.

As far as our starters are concerned, I think we are set at DT. As far as depth, that is yet to be determined. We'll see if Tim Anderson can step it up, and become valuble in the rotation. If Adams goes down, we may be in trouble. Also Adams isn't getting any younger, and Edwards is a UDFA next year, so we'll have to be thinking about our future at DT as well.

ryjam282
07-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Edwards is a UDFA next year, so we'll have to be thinking about our future at DT as well.

I wouldn't worry about that. Even if he has a breakout season he won't command crazy money on the open market. TD will lock him up to an extension, there is no doubt about that. He will remain a Bill.

Jan Reimers
07-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Edwards is quicker and more athletic than Fat Pat, and should be able to make more plays in the backfield. He also has the size to play the run, and should improve in that area under Krumrie. I think Williams was slowing down some, so Edwards should be an improvement.

As for depth, Anderson, Bannan and Sape should be fine. I don't believe we would have drafted Anderson in the 3rd round if we thought he couldn't play.

ExWNYer
07-06-2005, 11:55 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/experts/dan-pompei/20050701.html

This is the same publication and "writer" who said that the Bills would go 4-12 this year. :ignore: :crack:

ublinkwescore
07-06-2005, 12:09 PM
so what - at least he gives one of our players some props.

TigerJ
07-06-2005, 12:28 PM
I think Ron will do well. See Ron run. Run, Ron, run

Tatonka
07-06-2005, 12:43 PM
i am looking forward to seeing ron play this season.. and also to seeing what anderson can do as a reserve.

i am an athletic supporter.