PDA

View Full Version : Whaddyathink boys....

elltrain22
07-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Just drafted my fantasy team on yahoo. There's 8 other teams. So tell me what ya think...

QB's: Peyton Manning, Chad Pennington

RB's: Julius Jones, Travis Henry, and Marshall Faulk

WR's: Andre Johnson, Lee Evans, Anquan Boldin, and Keenan McCardell

TE's: Jason Witten, and Dallas Clark

Kickers: Nate Kaeding, and John Kasay

Defense: Pittsburgh and Buffalo

I think its a winner....

DraftBoy
07-05-2005, 07:47 PM
I think you need RB and WR help

RedEyE
07-05-2005, 08:09 PM
I think you need RB and WR help

Agreed.

And Peyton's worth is inflated. No way he repeats last years perfomrance.

Philagape
07-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Peyton's still the best QB by far. I don't know why anyone would think he's going to plummet

DraftBoy
07-05-2005, 09:11 PM
I think a good #2 WR might be a good idea, and a lesser known RB who may be a starter like LeBrandon Toefield from JAX

Tatonka
07-05-2005, 09:50 PM
i actually like your wrs.. but with the wrs you got, i would assume you went heavy on RBs.. with only 8 other teams.. it seems that your rbs should be alot better.. jones has had half of a good season, but now with drew there.. no telling if he will be worth a ****.. henry is not even going to be a starter from all indications, no matter where he ends up, and faulk is over the hill and playing second fiddle to steven jackson.

Dozerdog
07-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Two of your RBs are backups or splitting time. Jones isn't a shoe-in as a 1400 yard back either.

The WRs could have a huge upside, but they currently aren't sure-fire #1's on their own teams- (except for AJ)

Peyton is a very good choice. Even if he drops off by 10-15 TDs- he's still the top guy in the league.

RedEyE
07-05-2005, 10:15 PM
i'm saying it's obvious you drafted Peyton with your first pick. I recommend using him as bait for a decent trade.

You could probably get a damn good 2nd round RB and a 4th round WR for Manning. You can pick up other great QBs off FA if you're in a small league. McNair is in some of the best shape of his life. Warner and Losman could also prove to be great late choices.

tampabay25690
07-05-2005, 11:38 PM
If you can since MANNING never gets injured our even touched, I would trade Pennington right away for a WR, or RB, to a team that really needs a #1 QB...

Would be a good safe move

Marvelous
07-06-2005, 03:03 AM
QB's: Peyton Manning, Chad Pennington--- Looks like drafting Manning cost you bigtime. I assume you took him in the top 3 becaus ethe next best player is Johnson...

RB's: Julius Jones, Travis Henry, and Marshall Faulk-- *****ty. This is why you will lose. Julius should be a good #2. But most leagues RB's are bread & butter..

WR's: Andre Johnson, Lee Evans, Anquan Boldin, and Keenan McCardell Andre Johnson reminds me of Moulds. Because he is my sleeper this year i think your WR's arent that bad. Non homer says Evans your #2 wr? Risky..

TE's: Jason Witten, and Dallas Clark Nice but why get a backup TE and not a better #3 RB? Did you have a draft strategy???

Kickers: Nate Kaeding, and John Kasay-- Who cares. Smart to wait till the end for kickers and looks like ya did..

Defense: Pittsburgh and Buffalo Nice. I think Pitt will miss Bell some and the secondary could be suspect. Did you reach on a defense? 2 of the top 4 defenses??? Why???

I will avoid Manning & Cullpepper this year. I'd rather have Delhomme Palmer or Carr and have a upgraded RB & WR... Just MHO... Good luck man.
*And here's to Evans breaking out... /cheers

Marvelous
07-06-2005, 03:08 AM
If you can since MANNING never gets injured our even touched, I would trade Pennington right away for a WR, or RB, to a team that really needs a #1 QB...

Would be a good safe move
No way any team in that league would consider Pennington a upgrade as their #1!!! There are about 10 better QB's. And unless some owner didn't even take his first QB before owners started taking #2's then who would want Chad as a #1??? Id trade Dallas Clark or Witten And one of the defenses and package a WR or a RB for a better WR or RB..

Bill Brasky
07-06-2005, 06:48 AM
well, your QB's and defense are pretty good....

Bert102176
07-06-2005, 02:28 PM
well Faulk will be sharing time with Jackson now who knows about Henry so I would strongly look at RB's

Bert102176
07-06-2005, 02:31 PM
as for fantasy Defenses I think Minn will be a top D this year, and perhaps even better then the Bills D I think our D will be ranked between 10th and 17th this year

elltrain22
07-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, and thanks for all of your honesty. My rb's is surely my crutch. I guess, the way I see it, Julius Jones will get at least 1100 yards and 10tds, and TH will start w/ Tenn or Jags, and will get at least 1000 yds, and 8td's. Add that together and I'll have a shade under 2000 rushing yds, and about 18tds. My wr's are good, not great. Andre Johnson is gonna break out this year, Boldin will flourish w/ a viable qb, and Lee Evans will be a top notch wr this year. You gotta love my te's. Whitten is a Todd Heap type TE, and could really be a strong go-to-guy for Drew (he does love to throw to te's---Ben Coates in ne), and Dallas Clark gets to be the #1 TE in Indy's offense w/ the departure of Pollard, and will at least catch 8 or 9 td's.

My de is great. How can you top getting Pitt and The Bills dee.

I do have ideas on ways to acquire a better rb, but none of those ideas involve trading Manning....

Thanks guys..

Marvelous
07-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, and thanks for all of your honesty. My rb's is surely my crutch. I guess, the way I see it, Julius Jones will get at least 1100 yards and 10tds, and TH will start w/ Tenn or Jags, and will get at least 1000 yds, and 8td's. Add that together and I'll have a shade under 2000 rushing yds, and about 18tds. My wr's are good, not great. Andre Johnson is gonna break out this year, Boldin will flourish w/ a viable qb, and Lee Evans will be a top notch wr this year. You gotta love my te's. Whitten is a Todd Heap type TE, and could really be a strong go-to-guy for Drew (he does love to throw to te's---Ben Coates in ne), and Dallas Clark gets to be the #1 TE in Indy's offense w/ the departure of Pollard, and will at least catch 8 or 9 td's.

My de is great. How can you top getting Pitt and The Bills dee.

I do have ideas on ways to acquire a better rb, but none of those ideas involve trading Manning....

Thanks guys..

But ya didn't answer me. Why did you need a backup TE at the expense of key postions regardless if the TE "shouldn't have fallen"???? it's fact that to win in a competitive league you gotta have better starters then your bench. IMO the backup D & TE mean squat!

mysticsoto
07-08-2005, 07:48 AM
But ya didn't answer me. Why did you need a backup TE at the expense of key postions regardless if the TE "shouldn't have fallen"???? it's fact that to win in a competitive league you gotta have better starters then your bench. IMO the backup D & TE mean squat!
Some people might follow the strategy of keeping backups in order for someone else not to have them...

TE probably wasn't worth it to keep a backup, but the D... Last year, I had Buffalo as my D/ST and they literally allowed me to win the championship! I couldn't believe the consistent pts they kept getting me every week!

elltrain22
07-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Honestly, It was my first fantasy football draft. I was trying to secure some depth, when in actuality and reality, I probably don't need it. But we live and we learn. But, I really do think Julius Jones is gonna do it this year, and I really do like my team. Dude, I got frigggn' Peyton Manning....

Marvelous
07-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Honestly, It was my first fantasy football draft. I was trying to secure some depth, when in actuality and reality, I probably don't need it. But we live and we learn. But, I really do think Julius Jones is gonna do it this year, and I really do like my team. Dude, I got frigggn' Peyton Manning....

Nuff said man :)

I am training a younger cousin & my little 17 year old brother this year. I have gone over it time & time again about not drafting depth at the expense of a better RB/WR. '

Here is my basic of basics for the noobs.

Pick 1- RB
pick 2- RB/WR
pick 3 WR/RB
pick 4 WR
pick 5 RB/WR or top 3 TE
pick 6 QB. example- Delhomme,Palmer, Leftwich etc..
pick 7 D/TE/depth

Backup D/TE or starting kicker shouldn't be drafted before the starting lineup imo.