X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Whaddyathink boys....

Just drafted my fantasy team on yahoo. There's 8 other teams. So tell me what ya think...

QB's: Peyton Manning, Chad Pennington

RB's: Julius Jones, Travis Henry, and Marshall Faulk

WR's: Andre Johnson, Lee Evans, Anquan Boldin, and Keenan McCardell

TE's: Jason Witten, and Dallas Clark

Kickers: Nate Kaeding, and John Kasay

Defense: Pittsburgh and Buffalo

I think its a winner....
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Whaddyathink boys....

I think you need RB and WR help
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      I think you need RB and WR help
      Agreed.

And Peyton's worth is inflated. No way he repeats last years perfomrance.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Peyton's still the best QB by far. I don't know why anyone would think he's going to plummet
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

I think a good #2 WR might be a good idea, and a lesser known RB who may be a starter like LeBrandon Toefield from JAX
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

i actually like your wrs.. but with the wrs you got, i would assume you went heavy on RBs.. with only 8 other teams.. it seems that your rbs should be alot better.. jones has had half of a good season, but now with drew there.. no telling if he will be worth a ****.. henry is not even going to be a starter from all indications, no matter where he ends up, and faulk is over the hill and playing second fiddle to steven jackson.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Two of your RBs are backups or splitting time. Jones isn't a shoe-in as a 1400 yard back either.

The WRs could have a huge upside, but they currently aren't sure-fire #1's on their own teams- (except for AJ)

Peyton is a very good choice. Even if he drops off by 10-15 TDs- he's still the top guy in the league.

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

i'm saying it's obvious you drafted Peyton with your first pick. I recommend using him as bait for a decent trade.

You could probably get a damn good 2nd round RB and a 4th round WR for Manning. You can pick up other great QBs off FA if you're in a small league. McNair is in some of the best shape of his life. Warner and Losman could also prove to be great late choices.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

If you can since MANNING never gets injured our even touched, I would trade Pennington right away for a WR, or RB, to a team that really needs a #1 QB...

Would be a good safe move
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Marvelous
                    • Feb 2004

QB's: Peyton Manning, Chad Pennington--- Looks like drafting Manning cost you bigtime. I assume you took him in the top 3 becaus ethe next best player is Johnson...

RB's: Julius Jones, Travis Henry, and Marshall Faulk-- *****ty. This is why you will lose. Julius should be a good #2. But most leagues RB's are bread & butter..

WR's: Andre Johnson, Lee Evans, Anquan Boldin, and Keenan McCardell Andre Johnson reminds me of Moulds. Because he is my sleeper this year i think your WR's arent that bad. Non homer says Evans your #2 wr? Risky..

TE's: Jason Witten, and Dallas Clark Nice but why get a backup TE and not a better #3 RB? Did you have a draft strategy???

Kickers: Nate Kaeding, and John Kasay-- Who cares. Smart to wait till the end for kickers and looks like ya did..

Defense: Pittsburgh and Buffalo Nice. I think Pitt will miss Bell some and the secondary could be suspect. Did you reach on a defense? 2 of the top 4 defenses??? Why???

I will avoid Manning & Cullpepper this year. I'd rather have Delhomme Palmer or Carr and have a upgraded RB & WR... Just MHO... Good luck man.
                    *And here's to Evans breaking out... /cheers
                    GO BILLS!!! NE
                    Magical Trevor

Comment

• Marvelous
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                      If you can since MANNING never gets injured our even touched, I would trade Pennington right away for a WR, or RB, to a team that really needs a #1 QB...

Would be a good safe move
                      No way any team in that league would consider Pennington a upgrade as their #1!!! There are about 10 better QB's. And unless some owner didn't even take his first QB before owners started taking #2's then who would want Chad as a #1??? Id trade Dallas Clark or Witten And one of the defenses and package a WR or a RB for a better WR or RB..
                      GO BILLS!!! NE
                      Magical Trevor

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                        • Jan 2004

well, your QB's and defense are pretty good....

Comment

• Bert102176
                          • Aug 2002

well Faulk will be sharing time with Jackson now who knows about Henry so I would strongly look at RB's
                          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Bert102176
                            • Aug 2002

as for fantasy Defenses I think Minn will be a top D this year, and perhaps even better then the Bills D I think our D will be ranked between 10th and 17th this year
                            lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• elltrain22
                              • Sep 2003

Thanks for the advice guys, and thanks for all of your honesty. My rb's is surely my crutch. I guess, the way I see it, Julius Jones will get at least 1100 yards and 10tds, and TH will start w/ Tenn or Jags, and will get at least 1000 yds, and 8td's. Add that together and I'll have a shade under 2000 rushing yds, and about 18tds. My wr's are good, not great. Andre Johnson is gonna break out this year, Boldin will flourish w/ a viable qb, and Lee Evans will be a top notch wr this year. You gotta love my te's. Whitten is a Todd Heap type TE, and could really be a strong go-to-guy for Drew (he does love to throw to te's---Ben Coates in ne), and Dallas Clark gets to be the #1 TE in Indy's offense w/ the departure of Pollard, and will at least catch 8 or 9 td's.

My de is great. How can you top getting Pitt and The Bills dee.

I do have ideas on ways to acquire a better rb, but none of those ideas involve trading Manning....

Thanks guys..
                              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                              X