PDA

View Full Version : A little something I stole from someone claiming...

ublinkwescore
07-05-2005, 08:21 PM
I just got back from Eric King's (my cousin) 4th BBQ. I was grilling him a little bit about the team and here's what I came away with

-Close to signing a 3 year deal
-It's looking right now like he's the 3rd/4th db but he hopes to be playing in the nickel a lot
-I asked him who he's closest with on the team and he said McGee and Takeo Spikes
-Spikes throws the tightest parties
-He wants to get involved in the return game but the coaches are saving him for db right now, especially with the signing of Reshard Lee
-I asked him if the rookies get a tough time and he said they do. He said Lawyer Molloy gives it to the first year guys the hardest, and he gave Eric a hard time at first but now they are boys
-I asked him how Losman was doing and he said that he has all the physical capabilities in the world but "he looks like me out there sometimes" meaning that he is overwhelmed some of the time and still has to catch up to the speed of the game and the mental aspects of it
-I asked him who the toughest WR to cover is and he said it's Roscoe Parrish, but that Moulds and Evans are all around better WR's and that parrish will spend most of the time in the slot this year.
-He said that one of the biggest differences between the NFL and college ball is the quality of the LB's. He said the linebackers are all so fast and so strong that they could play any position on the field.
-He said he was surprised when he was drafted by Buffalo but that it's a great environment to play in and that he loves the team and has embraced the city and the history of the squad. Says that it's much easier to be successful in Buffalo as opposed to a place like Miami or Atlanta because there aren't as many distractions.
-Says he wants to work on his strength a little bit before camp but that he isn't nervous about TC because he's already proved to himself in the minicamps that he can run with anyone on the field. Says it's different for a DB because everything they ask him to do (cover the WR and read formations) he's already done in the mini camps. He isn't worried about the physical aspect of the game.

That's all I can recall right now. Eric is a great kid with his head on straight, he's had success everywhere he's gone, and I'd look for him to make an impact right away.

Here's a pic of us back at his house in baltimore: http://community.webshots.com/photo/377603...377603076ARtbhX

It's crazy -- it seems like just yesterday we were all playing football together in his yard on thanksgiving. I was a die hard cowboys fan (and still am) and his favorite player was eddie george. I remember we played the oilers and eddie tore us apart, and Eric never let me here the end of it. Anyway, hope this was of some interest to you guys. Look forward to sharing the coming season with you.

OpIv37
07-05-2005, 09:29 PM
interesting- but bars that are open til 4 am aren't considered a distraction?

Tatonka
07-05-2005, 09:38 PM
the picture doesnt work.

ublinkwescore
07-05-2005, 11:21 PM
I noticed.

ShadowHawk7
07-06-2005, 01:39 AM
Thanks much Ublink. I was excited the moment we picked King in the 5th, and so far, so good. I think this guy will be a steal. He's only signing a 3 year contract? That's sort of dissappointing, I would of hoped we would of kept him for at least 4. Does he become a RFA at the end of his contract? He says that he is already our nickle/dime CB? That might be a little ambitous for him, but who knows?
I wonder where KT and Greer will fit into that as well, both are still young and promising. The battle for 3rd, 4th, and 5th CB will definitley be one to watch in the preseason. King should be a solid STer too.

More praise is given to Parrish, no suprise, (sp?) he'll be a nickel CBs nightmare soon enough.

JWatts
07-06-2005, 08:16 AM
Here's the link I got from the original post.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/377603076/377603076ARtbhX

ryven
07-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Here's the link I got from the original post.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/377603076/377603076ARtbhX

the link is not working

lordofgun
07-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Don't rooks usually want to sign longer so they can be unrestricted after their first contract?

ExWNYer
07-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Don't rooks usually want to sign longer so they can be unrestricted after their first contract?

Players chosen after the 2nd Round typically don't get more than 3 year deals...that's the league norm. Teams don't want to tie up too much in "risky" players.

ublinkwescore
07-06-2005, 11:50 AM
?
ask clump

TigerJ
07-06-2005, 12:25 PM
The link worked for me, but which one is Eric King?

justasportsfan
07-06-2005, 01:06 PM
The link worked for me, but which one is Eric King?the one w/ a training bra underneath the pink shirt :idunno: