PDA

View Full Version : Keep Drew!

BFBills
12-24-2002, 07:31 AM
definatly!
if you think it is all his fault then you are nuts!

shelby
12-24-2002, 07:56 AM
i agree 110%. Drew has his drawbacks...but he is the best QB we have had since Kelly retired.

JayWood
12-24-2002, 08:02 AM
Drew is not going anywhere. He is our QB now and for the near future. With a few adjustments in the offseason(better pass protection from his line) he will be ready to go come September 2003!!

mybills
12-24-2002, 08:05 AM
He's not going anywhere. They like <b>arm only</b> quarter backs!

TedMock
12-24-2002, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by mybills
He's not going anywhere. They like &lt;b&gt;arm only&lt;/b&gt; quarter backs!

Did you dislike Kelly too?

mybills
12-24-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by TedMock

Did you dislike Kelly too?

I'm guessing you never saw Kelly run in TD's? Drew got 1 in this year on a sneak & I'll give him the credit, even that was rare to see in NE. Oh by the way, Kelly wasn't blind, he scoped the field. :snicker:

TedMock
12-24-2002, 08:48 AM
I wasn't being a wise ass. There's no doubt that Kelly was a smarter qb. But he was an arm only qb. Yes he did run a couple in but he also took several hits because he couldn't run to save his life. Kelly is hands down my all time favorite player but he was an arm only qb. I think the NFL needs more arm only qb's. I think a lot of these "running" qb's are too stupid to know where to throw the ball and a lot of them are ruining the beauty of the qb position. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a mobile qb who throws first....ie Steve Young, Donovan McNabb etc... Some guys just tuck the ball way to fast ie. Flutie and Mike Vick. I honestly think Mike Vick is the most exciting player to watch right now and I think he's hands down the best athlete in the league. He may even have the strongest arm in the league but If he doesn't learn how to be a passer then he'll never be a great qb. FYI He knew six plays last year out of the almost 200 in the playbook. There was a big concern with his inability to learn. I hope he succeeds because he is fun to watch. I just would rather see the qb who stands in and takes a hit in order to make the play. Drew can do that. He does need to scope the field better but he is our qb and he is capable and I don't think to say he sucks is even close to correct. He's good, just not great. He is tough which helps too. Either way I support him as a Bills fan.

mybills
12-24-2002, 09:10 AM
No problem Ted...I stand by my "Drew sucks" opinion as in he is not my idea of a good QB. I didn't like him in NE, and I'm not liking him in Buffalo. He would have had to change drastically coming to the Bills for me to stop saying that, and he hasn't. He has made a few adjustments, and I'll give him that much, but not enough. I think any blind QB sucks, because that's what's going to get him sacked and missed opportunities ie players wide open to throw to. I find it hard for anyone to not understand that, including his coaches. Of course, I'm not there, so for all I know, his coaches have been on his case about that forever and he's just refusing to improve in that area. Who knows?

TypicalBill
12-24-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by BFBills
definatly!
if you think it is all his fault then you are nuts!

He's not going anywhere for atleast the next 2 seasons

BFBills
12-24-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by mybills
No problem Ted...I stand by my &quot;Drew sucks&quot; opinion as in he is not my idea of a good QB. I didn't like him in NE, and I'm not liking him in Buffalo. He would have had to change drastically coming to the Bills for me to stop saying that, and he hasn't. He has made a few adjustments, and I'll give him that much, but not enough. I think any blind QB sucks, because that's what's going to get him sacked and missed opportunities ie players wide open to throw to. I find it hard for anyone to not understand that, including his coaches. Of course, I'm not there, so for all I know, his coaches have been on his case about that forever and he's just refusing to improve in that area. Who knows? :banned:
would you feel this way if he won the super bowl with us?

Andrea1234
12-25-2002, 12:39 AM
oh come on because of him we are 7-8 thats a big impovement from last year hes a good QB for us and he wins games for us so what he stays in the pocket to long or he hold the ball for a long time who cares hes our QB he just has to imporve in that part of his game who know maybe with him we might even win a SB!!!!!

clumping platelets
12-25-2002, 12:42 AM
I can't imagine the alternative: RJ

:tomato:

mybills
12-25-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by BFBills
:banned:
would you feel this way if he won the super bowl with us?

Yes.
SB's aren't won by "just the QB".

mybills
12-25-2002, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Andrea1234
oh come on because of him we are 7-8 thats a big impovement from last year hes a good QB for us and he wins games for us so what he stays in the pocket to long or he hold the ball for a long time who cares hes our QB he just has to imporve in that part of his game who know maybe with him we might even win a SB!!!!!

Wow, this would be a lot easier to read if punctuation were used.
;)
Anyway, I disagree with first 8 words and two numbers. I refuse to give <b>Drew</b> (<b>all of the credit</b>) for those numbers. I'd be lying if I did.

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-25-2002, 08:42 PM
I'm not happy with Drew's play over the 2nd half of the year but there's no way they'd get rid of him after this year even if he had 12 TD's and 20 INT's.

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2002, 10:19 AM
"Yes.
SB's aren't won by "just the QB".

Exactly and games aren't lost by "just the QB"

Jeff1220
12-26-2002, 12:15 PM
Yes, Drew stunk the past few weeks, but this is the same guy that basically carried the team on his back for the entire first half of the season. Also, don't for get the toughness he has shown this year (the staples, the hit on Abraham, etc).
A lot of QBs who are considered to have had a great year had some bad games in that year.

BFBills
12-27-2002, 08:00 AM
games can be lost by just QB's
but definatly keep drew!

justasportsfan
12-27-2002, 08:05 AM
Drew will take the bills to the SB! Whether we can win the SB with Drew is another question. He has yet to prove he can win big games. I say when we make the playoffs , we run,run,run. That way Drew doesn't make those mistakes.

If we don't run we put AVP in there. He's never under pressure. Just give him a popcorn and a video after the game, he'll win it for us.

Voltron
12-27-2002, 12:28 PM
Drew will Retire a Bill. He is here to stay for a long time.

doug45
12-27-2002, 01:05 PM
I like Drew and he is much better than what we had BUT We need a younger more mobile QB. I watched these last few home games when we needed a first down and he had a clear open feild that I could have ran for 20-30 yards and he just let them sack him. When you don't even try to run ever, we need a change.

BFBills
12-27-2002, 01:33 PM
bullongia!
(also know as bolonie:))

doug45
12-27-2002, 01:36 PM
Sorry, Just the FACTS. Sometimes the truth hurts.

mybills
12-27-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
&quot;Yes.
SB's aren't won by &quot;just the QB&quot;.

Exactly and games aren't lost by &quot;just the QB&quot;

Did I say that? :boozer:

THATHURMANATOR
12-27-2002, 04:19 PM
LOL!!!!

BFBills
12-27-2002, 08:29 PM
:)

mybills
12-28-2002, 08:31 AM
I hope you aren't laughing at what I posted, because I was serious. Did I say anything to imply this?
<b>"games aren't lost by "just the QB"</b>