Prico's Over/under rated players by team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Prico's Over/under rated players by team.

Buffalo Bills
    Underrated: Trey Teague, center

The Bills have a first-round pick playing right tackle (Mike Williams) and some other top-notch free agents at other spots along the line, but Teague remains their best lineman. He can play center and tackle, but it appears the Bills will keep him at center this season.

Overrated: Lawyer Milloy, safety

He is still a tough tackler, and does a nice job near the line of scrimmage, but he struggles in man coverage. The Bills can cover him up with their zone defenses, but he is no longer a top-tier safety.

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • cordog
    eat, drink, and be merry
    • Apr 2003

Re: Prico's Over/under rated players by team.

i disagree with both. Trey Teague is alright, i wouldnt say he is underrated though.

Comment

• djjimkelly
      • Apr 2003

id also say he can call lawyer milloy overrated but the numbers for the d dont lie he was hurt for the first 5 or 6 cant remember games then hes healthy and balance came to the secondary hes no ed reed but hes definately not being compared to to that so he isnt overrated i think this is just one of those articles where someone had to be picked.

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        Buffalo Bills
        Underrated: Trey Teague, center

The Bills have a first-round pick playing right tackle (Mike Williams) and some other top-notch free agents at other spots along the line, but Teague remains their best lineman. He can play center and tackle, but it appears the Bills will keep him at center this season.

Overrated: Lawyer Milloy, safety

He is still a tough tackler, and does a nice job near the line of scrimmage, but he struggles in man coverage. The Bills can cover him up with their zone defenses, but he is no longer a top-tier safety.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8622837
        Well they needed to pick someone for the overrated pick for each team. In years past, it probably would have been Ruben Brown. Now...who else could you pick if not Milloy? And even then, when Milloy came back, the defense looked alot more solid, so the overratedness isn't too exaggerated. Mike Williams is playing alot better now, so we can't choose him (unless he reverts this year)...I can't think of anyone else that could be considered overrated???

For underrated, I would have chosen London Fletcher though. He is solid as a LB and in tackling, but gets overshadowed by Spikes. He's much more underrated than Teague is.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I hate to say this, but I'd have to say that right now, Eric Moulds is overrated. He's still a solid receiver and a decent #1, but he's past his prime and not nearly the threat he used to be. He gets respect based on his name and not anything he's done over the last few years.

(However in his defense he had that moron Gilbride calling the shots and an injury to deal with).
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I think we fans seriously underrate Teague. He is well thought of by most football writers - which doesn't mean much - as well as our coaching staff - which does.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              I hate to say this, but I'd have to say that right now, Eric Moulds is overrated. He's still a solid receiver and a decent #1, but he's past his prime and not nearly the threat he used to be. He gets respect based on his name and not anything he's done over the last few years.

(However in his defense he had that moron Gilbride calling the shots and an injury to deal with).

Agreed....Underrated would be Damion Shelton, he was an amazing player last year with his blocks but got little to no credit, he helped open up holes for Willis to find.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

A nice canidate for overrated in my mind would be Schobel. All his sacks seem to be garbage sacks, and he will have a big game, and vanish for three weeks. I never see him dominate the tackle he is against. "The Raven game were he blew by Ogden is the only time i can think of." Is he a good DE yes, but i think he would be a better number 2 DE.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

how did he pick Will Allen over Eli Manning for the Giants? Eli gets so much press but he has yet to do a damn thing on the football field.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bills 4 life
                    • Oct 2004

UNDERRATED- BRIAN MOORMAN

OVERRATED- RIAN LINDELL (BY TD)
                    "No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills"

Buffalo Bills fans- "We're all we got"

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

I agree with most of you. Milloy is not what he used to be but he is no slouch. I was blown away by the stability he brought back to the Defense upon his return. I thought he played well last season.

I would also agree that Shelton is under-rated although I dont think the new offense is playing to Shelton strengths and we may see him struggle a bit this year.

Over-rated. Moulds no question the guys hands just weren't there last year, but what I think hurts him even more is he wasn't playing that physical kind of football that made him elite.

I am also going to say Clements. Nate is a solid cover guy and can hang with the best of them. However his decision making is often mediocre at best. I am not referring to one specific play. Just what I saw consistantly out of him this year. I think he lacks the team attitude and is more of a "me" kind of player. I would expect this year to be worse for him probably trying to pad his stats to increase his value.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        I think we fans seriously underrate Teague. He is well thought of by most football writers - which doesn't mean much - as well as our coaching staff - which does.
                        I agree. I think Teague struggles at times against the bigger NT types--which is one reason that they drafted Preston--and, when he does, it is very noticeable. But, there things that he does well that are important to the coaches, like making the proper line calls and adjustments (whether they are executed properly or not), that fans watching the game don't really see. I don't know if I would consider Teague the most underrated player on the Bills, but, from what the coaches have had to say about him, I do think that JR is right about the fans seriously underrating him.

I also agree that L.Fletcher doesn't get the kind of credit he deserves. While I have been known to scream in frustration at his not being able to cover RBs deep (something I blame more on the coaches that put him in that situation), he is a tackling machine---and consistent.

Still, my vote for most underrated Bill would have to go to D.Shelton. I remember all of the Bills fans moaning about him and how bad the team's FB situation was before last season and, then, seeing the way that he blocked for Willis.... He's good, real good.

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                        A nice canidate for overrated in my mind would be Schobel. All his sacks seem to be garbage sacks, and he will have a big game, and vanish for three weeks. I never see him dominate the tackle he is against. "The Raven game were he blew by Ogden is the only time i can think of." Is he a good DE yes, but i think he would be a better number 2 DE.
                        Excellent point! I've noticed the same thing about him: he will get a number of sacks in one game, then do nothing for three or four weeks. Now, maybe he would be more consistent if the Bills had more of a pass rushing threat playing opposite him the last couple of years, but, in my view, he hasn't shown that he can consistently put pressure on the QB enough from one week to the next to be a # 1 DE. His overall stats are pretty decent, but he's one guy where I think it's important to look inside the stats to assess his play.

Maybe it's because I live in the NYC area and E.Moulds has never really gotten that much press here, in comparison to the way that he is viewed in WNY, but I don't see E.Moulds as being quite as overrated as some here do. Perhaps a little, based on the fact that he is getting older and is not the threat that he once was, but not as much as I think A.Schobel is: E.Moulds has been a Pro Bowl WR, a solid # 1 threat, and can still do damage if paired with a good speed receiver; A.Schobel has yet to prove that he can consistently pressure the QB and produce sacks most of the time.

Milloy may not be the player he once was, but, as several have pointed out, he is an important stabilizing influence for this defense. Like E.Moulds, he may be a bit overrated, based on his past reputation, but he still makes a difference consistently when he is on the field.

I don't think N.Clements has enough of a reputation as a DB outside of Buffalo yet to consider him overrated for his bad decision making at this point and his performance as a PR certainly justifies his reputation in that area.

It's tough to say that anyone who plays on a defense as good as the Bills' D was last season, especially a young guy, like A.Schobel, who doesn't have that much of a reputation nationally to begin with, is overrated, but he would be my choice as the Bills most overrated player at this point.
                        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                        X