PDA

View Full Version : THAT GUY's Power Rankings

That Guy
07-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Power Rankings
-from That Guy, Junior BZFL Writer

We have now seen the preseason and two weeks of regular season action, and we are starting to see how the eighteen game season might play out. While there are a couple of 2-0 surprises, there have also been a few winless flops. As of now, these rankings will only be a top 10, as it is kind of hard to seperate the 0-2 teams at this point. These power rankings are decided by record, roster, strength of schedule, etc....

POWER RANKINGS

1) Los Angeles Playas (2-0) - Their offense has played like expected, they've beaten two very good teams (or at least predicted to be good).

2) Atlanta Screaming Vikings (2-0) - The Vikings have put up a lot of points, mostly thanks to Brett Favre's six Week Two touchdown passes. If Shaun Alexander starts getting into the end zone, this team will be even more deadly.

3) Houston Retro Raiders (2-0) - Yes, they highest scoring team in the league, but they haven't played the strongest defenses up to this point. Peyton Manning is simply being Peyton Manning thus far.

4) Rochester Rampage (2-0) - They quietly won their first two games and are sorta slipping under the radar. However, Donovan McNabb is a true force in this league, as he is doing it in the air and on the ground.

5) Los Angeles Aztecs (2-0) - A great close win against the Oklahoma Outlaws have pushed them up to the contenders. Their offense is just clicking right now.

6) Jersey Jaguars (2-0) - They took down the Canadians of the league in consecutive weeks. Their skill positions have been solid, and hopefully their defense will play to their potential.

7) Pittsburgh Fighting Shih Tzus (2-0) - An undefeated record is nothing to sneeze at... unless both wins are against winless teams. I'll wait until next week's match against the Norsemen before I move this team near the top.

8) Ebenezer Norsemen (1-1) - Solid week one win over a winless team, but losing to the Playas at this point can't be put against them that much.

9) Rochester Rejects (1-1) - They lost to the very solid Vikings, and had a convincing win over the Deuces. Their offense really hasn't clicked whatsoever though, without a top 10 rusher or top 20 receiver. LaDanian Tomlinson has just 2.8 yards per carry.

10) Canadian Radiation Kings (1-1) - They beat the self-proclaimed "lowly" Assassins and lost to the 2-0 Jersey Jags. Their season is going to depend on Jamal Lewis, who is doing the job so far.

L.A. Playa
07-06-2005, 01:29 PM
nice article and analysis :posrep: I'm just happy to be 2-0 let alone #1 in someones rankings

R. Rich
07-06-2005, 01:41 PM
10) Canadian Radiation Kings (1-1) - They beat the self-proclaimed "lowly" Assassins and lost to the 2-0 Jersey Jags. Their season is going to depend on Jamal Lewis, who is doing the job so far.

"Self-proclaimed"? Hey, we flat out stink right now! Julius Jones, the BZFL's leading rusher, is out for 6 weeks. Leftwich is the BZFL's lowest rated passer among the starters. The secondary is being bombed on by anyone we face. Things aren't going so hot for my team. Then again, I figured there would be problems when I put this team together because of their youth and inexperience. I'm prepared to ride out the storm, because in the next couple of years, we'll be a viable contender.

Canadian'eh!
07-06-2005, 02:56 PM
"Self-proclaimed"? Hey, we flat out stink right now! Julius Jones, the BZFL's leading rusher, is out for 6 weeks. Leftwich is the BZFL's lowest rated passer among the starters. The secondary is being bombed on by anyone we face. Things aren't going so hot for my team. Then again, I figured there would be problems when I put this team together because of their youth and inexperience. I'm prepared to ride out the storm, because in the next couple of years, we'll be a viable contender.
missed that injury.... sorry about that. he was tearing it up... buti guess we knew it was coming.

Forward_Lateral
07-06-2005, 03:46 PM
My team deserves to be rated last until further notice.

Michael82
07-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Agreed. Thanks again for all the turnovers. :snicker:

Canadian'eh!
07-06-2005, 04:04 PM
nope... deuces to the rescue.

Forward_Lateral
07-06-2005, 04:24 PM
nope... deuces to the rescue.

If not, when I beat you, your piss ass team will take over as the crapper of the nation.

Canadian'eh!
07-06-2005, 04:29 PM
If not, when I beat you, your piss ass team will take over as the crapper of the nation.
Start Brooks again genious.

CRK's (1-1) Dicksmackers (0-2)