X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Inside the Herd: TE Mark Campbell

Bills tight end Mark Campbell is doing rather well at this point in the offseason as he continues his rehabilitation from a season-ending knee injury a year ago. Campbell recently took a break from the weight room - literally - and sat down with Buffalobills.com to answer some questions submitted by you, the fans. Wonder how his knee is holding up? How about his thoughts on the offense this year? He'll touch on each of those subjects and more ... so without any further ado, here's number 84.http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3245
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Inside the Herd: TE Mark Campbell

really is a shame that everett got hurt.. but i like campbell and euhus.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Aug 2004

Re: Inside the Herd: TE Mark Campbell

I don't know how they pick the questions that they end up asking the people that they interview, but it seems to me that half of them are a waste of time (frankly, I don't care what he plans to do when his career is over or what he eats for breakfast on gamedays!).

I would have liked to have gotten some more specific information about the extent of his injury in terms of how much he feels that it is likely to effect his blocking or ability to run routes, which is more difficult for him to do at this stage, what concerns he has about the injury, etc.

I know that there are a lot of Bills fans who don't think a great deal of Campbell, but I see him as being very important to the team's success, especially this season. One of the reasons that the Bills were pretty successful in containing J.Taylor and some of the other better pass-rushing DEs that they faced last season, in spite of D.Bledsoe, was because Campbell was pretty good at helping J.Jennings. Even though JP is more mobile than Bledsoe, Gandy (and Peters or whoever else ends up playing LT) is going to need to have that kind of help at times this season as well. As he acknowledged, Campbell isn't the greatest blocking TE in the world, but he's pretty good and, with Euhus being more of a receiving TE at this stage and Everett being injured, I see Campbell as being an important player in the Bills' offense this season, even if he doesn't catch a lot of passes. And, I would have liked to know more about how he feels about his knee injury may effect his ability to block (and run routes) this season. What he said was helpful to a certain extent, but I would have liked to have had someone ask him more specifics about his recovery.
      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
      X