• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Interesting Scenario Regarding Drew Rosenhaus

Just theorizing, but let's assume Miami improves this year or next year (after all, they couldn't get much worse). I'm not even saying they win 10 games and make the playoffs, maybe they just go 8-8 or close to it. How many players does Drew Rosenhaus represent on Miami? It's a lot isn't it? I mean, doesn't he represent more Dolphins' players than anywhere else? If the team improves, which would undoubtedly mean there would be some improvement individually amongst the players, particularly at the skill positions, there could be a potential issue.

If the Dolphins finish close to 8-8, or even more unbelievably, 10-6 or better, I'd be very interested to see if Rosenhaus encourages his clients (1/2 of the team) to hold out so that they get more lucrative contracts. That's basically his track record for what he's doing with his clients this year who had big years last year. Could mean serious problems for Miami.

I'm not suggesting I want this, because this would suggest that Miami would be making some sort of improvement on the field. I'm just throwing out a possibility.

Thoughts?

Jon
    Last edited by Mudflap1; 07-06-2005, 04:15 PM.
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Interesting Scenario Regarding Drew Rosenhaus

It sounds good, other than I don't want Miami to win any games.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

Perhaps the best scenario (though not as likely) is for several of Miami's players to have great individual years, but the team still has a bad record. You'd think that would cause them to win some more games, but maybe not. Anyway, Rosenhaus makes all of the players who had career years hold out, putting Miami in big salary cap and political trouble.

Jon

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

How about this scenario; McGahee gets over 1000 and DR says ok Buffalo we did you a favor on his rookie deal since he was hurt, its payback time, and payback's a *****.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

That unfortunately will also likely happen.

Jon

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

How much of the Dolphins actually are under Rosenass?
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Samphin1
              • Mar 2004

We have quite a few players under Rosenhaus. However, the scenario mudflap envisions wouldn't happen. Not just because I am a Miami fan, btu because it wouldn't happen anywhere. Rosenhaus doesn't have every client holdout, let alone every client on a given team. You might see one or if very rare, two players holdout on a team but never more than that. Drew seems to have a very good relationship with the Miami Dolphins organization as well.

Case in point, Randy McMichael is in the last year of his contract and is considered to be a top ten, if not top five TE. His agent is Drew Rosenhaus and when asked if he thought about holding out this year, he replied "absolutely not." He doesn't see how it helps him. Now, if he changes his mind and does holdout, then I will be the first to say he is a jerk. However, players CAN think for themselves and make decisions without Drew and his equally slimy brother taking over.

My guess is that Willis could be a problem after his contract is up. He could very well pull a Randy but I would anticipate a negotiating process to be long and drawn out with Willis.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                Next Question!
                • Nov 2004

You just touched on another part of my point that I didn't bring up. If the scenario does occur where Rosenhaus/Miami clients do have career years and then he DOES NOT have them hold out to gain more money, arguing they are underpaid, I feel that that shows a bit of inconsistency in the way he practices business. It's ok to crank up the Eagles, Packers, and maybe the Bills one day, but the Dolphins' organization gets treated with kid gloves?

Jon

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

I think people are over-estimating Rosenhaus' power. You have to remember that Rosenhaus works for the athletes, he can't make them do anything they don't want to do. He's representing a lot of clients right now who are having contract disputes because those players wanted new contracts and felt Rosenhaus had the best chance of getting it for them. Owens, Walker, and most of these other guys all decided they wanted new contracts on their own and then hired Rosenhaus to help them get it. He's just representing his clients interests. He's not going around the league telling all his players to hold out. He's just popular with unhappy players because he's proven to be one of the best at getting lucrative deals. He's always said that he never wants any of his players holding out and he seems to have a pretty good track record of his players reporting to camp.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    How about this scenario; McGahee gets over 1000 and DR says ok Buffalo we did you a favor on his rookie deal since he was hurt, its payback time, and payback's a *****.
                    that is absolutely 100% going to happen if WM has a good year..
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ed
                      Dude
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      that is absolutely 100% going to happen if WM has a good year..
                      I think we were the ones that did McGahee a favor by drafting him in the first round anyway, and paying like a #23 pick. Considering McGahee couldn't even play his first year, Rosenhaus got him a pretty sweet deal.

The difference between McGahee and those other players that are holding out is that Rosenhaus negotiated McGahee's original deal.

If McGahee has a huge year he may request an extension, and the Bills would be smart to consider giving him one, but he's not going to sit out next season if he doesn't.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed
                        I think we were the ones that did McGahee a favor by drafting him in the first round anyway, and paying like a #23 pick. Considering McGahee couldn't even play his first year, Rosenhaus got him a pretty sweet deal.

The difference between McGahee and those other players that are holding out is that Rosenhaus negotiated McGahee's original deal.

If McGahee has a huge year he may request an extension, and the Bills would be smart to consider giving him one, but he's not going to sit out next season if he doesn't.

I disagree. DR and McGahee made sure the contract was more based on incentives then on draft status they did us a favor with his rookie deal for taking a chance on him at 23. Should he be top 10 in the league in rushing this year its gonna be a payday for Willis and to be honest I dont know that I could blame him. If that happens we should lock this guy up long term. But T is right, it will 100% happen.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X