• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LifetimeBillsFan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Aug 2004

Ya Gotta Luv It!

It had to happen sooner or later. I know that this guy was a Steelers fan, but you've got to love the funeral that his family gave him:

"PITTSBURGH (AP) - James Henry Smith was a zealous Pittsburgh Steelers fan in life, and even death could not keep him from his favorite spot: in a recliner, in front of a TV showing his beloved team in action.

Smith, 55, of Pittsburgh, died of prostate cancer Thursday. Because his death wasn't unexpected, his family was able to plan for an unusual viewing Tuesday night.

The Samuel E. Coston Funeral Home erected a small stage in a viewing room, and arranged furniture on it much as it was in Smith's home on game day Sundays.

Smith's body was on the recliner, his feet crossed and a remote in his hand. He wore black and gold silk pajamas, slippers and a robe. A pack of cigarettes and a beer were at his side, while a high-definition TV played a continuous loop of Steelers highlights...."
    (URL: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3741544 ) (Underlining added)

I'm just surprised that it wasn't a Bills fan. All I can say is that this man's family must have really loved him and, wherever he is now, he must really be delighted by the funeral that they gave him!!!
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.
  • superbills
    • Mar 2003

Re: Ya Gotta Luv It!

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    Ronald Reagan
    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

That's the way I wanna go.

Either cremate me and drop my ashes over the Ralph, or bury me in the cemetary in the North parking lot.

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

What a great family!
        Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

So, the big question is....

Which Zoner will this be when their time passes?

Comment

Working...
          X