3. LB Takeo Spikes
4. LB Keith Brooking
5. WR David Boston (if healthy)
6. WR Peerless Price
7. DL Hugh Douglas
8. OL Walter Jones
9. LB Mike Peterson
10. S Sammy Knight

These are from the above link. There are several others listed here. I'd love Takeo Spikes moving outside to replace Eddie.

TypicalBill
12-24-2002, 11:00 AM
LB Spikes
DE Vonnie Holliday
DT Cletidus Hunt

TedMock
12-24-2002, 11:02 AM
Those are my 3 choices too.

ArcticWildMan
12-24-2002, 11:13 AM
According to that article, Jay Foreman is going to be a FA. I wonder if he would want to come back to Buffalo? He had a monster season with the Texans.

BFBills
12-24-2002, 11:14 AM
YES!

kgun12
12-25-2002, 10:01 AM
Holiday had 1 that's 1 sack before Bills game Sunday, and he was playing for his cousin. Only way I take him is if he comes cheap!

TypicalBill
12-25-2002, 12:57 PM
thats because he didn't start most of the other games because he was hurt.

HenryRules
12-25-2002, 06:25 PM
Colvin is still the LB I'd love to have. He could play the line on passing downs and really help us with our pass rush. Especially now that I see he's off of most top FA lists, I'd like to see us sign him, because it sounds like he won't cost as much as a Spikes, Brooking, or Peterson and at a reduced rate, he could give us as much if not more value per dollar. This especially becomes true if the savings at LB allow us to sign either another solid LB (maybe Mike Peterson), re-sign Price, or sign a top-flight DT if one happens to become available (at the moment, I don't see anyone that is available getting a cost-prohibitive salary, but I also don't consider any of them top-flight DTs). I realize by signing Spikes, we can probably still address a couple of these extra signings, but Colvin may allow us to grab all of them.

mannyfresh
12-25-2002, 08:23 PM
Spikes is going to get franchised, he wont be coming here, unless u wanna pay him top 3 money and give up draft picks. Plus, he doesnt want to play in buffalo.

You can also forget holliday, he aint coming here either. An atlanta fan was telling me how Brookings is going to stay becuase he thinks they are going to win the superbowl eventually.

I know that some ppl would love to have those players, and it would also be my first choice, but if GW is going to be here next year, along with the 46 D, i think that sammy knight is crucial. also, if peerless leaves we will still need another WR.

Lets face it, bledsoe needs all the help he can get and REED has only proven that he has had a solid rookie year. I would love to see how cheap David Boston will be, i know he is leaving Arizona along with Plummer. Boston is Moulds' twin, we would be virtually unstoppable with those two. i alos think we should pickup kevin hardy, i know he ha been injured, and lost hos confidence, but this guy used to be a freak, and i think he needs a change of scenery, plus im sure he will be cheap cheap cheap, so i dont see the harm in signing him for one year

i honestly think that hugh douglas is the only DL that may come here. Thats ok, because we only need one more DL. I feel that newman,struggled becuase of our weak pass rush.
that being said, if i was a gambling man, i think the market will allow TD to sign...

1.sammy knight
2.hugh douglas
3. kevin Hardy

however, all things being equal, and if i could just wish and make it happen it would be...

1.sammy knight
2. the other guy from green bay...guaba-jamala...or whatever..lol
3. keth brookings
4.david boston

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-25-2002, 08:37 PM
Kevin Hardy was signed by Dallas this year. Not sure for how long but if 1 year makes somebody need a change of scenery then they can keep him.

mannyfresh
12-25-2002, 08:40 PM
he was signed for 1 year i think, he is a free agent now

besides, he's a risk worth taking, let me ask u this

Hardy or eddie robinson?

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-25-2002, 08:46 PM
He's been hurt most of the year. He'd might be worth the vet minimum at the most.

I know Eddie Robinson has sucked but that doesn't mean we replace him with another washed up LB who can't stay healthy anymore.

mannyfresh
12-25-2002, 10:16 PM
It still is better than Eddie Robinson. Plus, ur right he has been hurt, which actually helps us, he'll come cheaper.

mannyfresh
12-25-2002, 10:16 PM
plus, kevin hardy isnt old.

DraftBoy
12-26-2002, 09:31 AM
Kevin Hardy is 34 is he not? 34 is old in football years. I know hes at least 30. Secondly I would love to get Colvin too hes a bigger, faster Newman, with better pass rush and run stopping skills. If we sign him, and say Hunt. I would be happy with our FA accuisitions.

TypicalBill
12-26-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Kevin Hardy is 34 is he not? 34 is old in football years. I know hes at least 30. Secondly I would love to get Colvin too hes a bigger, faster Newman, with better pass rush and run stopping skills. If we sign him, and say Hunt. I would be happy with our FA accuisitions.

i totally agree with you Winfield_26, if we have the money, why would we get an old player, i know he's good and all but we can get a better LB like colvin or spikes if he's available. Hunt would be nice, he would really improve our pass rush. If vonnie holiday is available i'd take him too.

what are we 13mil under the cap?:evil:

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2002, 10:12 AM
Kevin hardy is 29 years old.

DraftBoy
12-26-2002, 10:12 AM
29??? Ok so hes not that old, but anything over vet min is overspending.

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2002, 10:15 AM
I agree. I wouldn't want to give him much over the minumum either.

mannyfresh
12-26-2002, 11:16 AM
my point is he wont get that much over minnimum anyway. I think some of you are daydreaming if u think were gonna get spikes, just get that out of ur system right now.

all i am saying is, hardy is cheap, he's been injured, he used to be a freak,he is a wrisk worth taking and he was much better than marcus jones ever was, so why not pick him?

mannyfresh
12-26-2002, 11:17 AM
i think its about time we stop wishing about who we want, but seriously discuss who we will actually end up with.

DraftBoy
12-26-2002, 12:49 PM
OK wanna discuss who we will seriously end up with:

No way do we get Hardy, and the reason is because Jerry Jones would rather die then give us a good player from his team.

mannyfresh
12-26-2002, 12:54 PM
OK, LETS SAY HE IS OUT,

WHAT ABOUT SAMMY KNIGHT, THE 46 WILL BE HERE NEXT YEAR, AND SAFETY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION IN THE 46, WIRE IS A ROOKIE, BUT PRIELOU SUX,

WHAT ABOUT KNIGHT?

Akhippo
12-26-2002, 01:12 PM
Im not up to the minute on this, but arent KGB and Holliday up for contracts this year. One should be able to sneak out of GB. Id pick KGB. And if not Spikes how about B Simmons. Hes a very good LB, young, came in the same time as Spikes. Doesnt get as much pub because of Spikes. I dont know about his contract though. I think he extended it. Colvin would be a very nice pickup.

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2002, 01:14 PM
Listen dude I wasn't saying we would or wouldn't get spikes. I have no idea who we will and won't get, and none of us will for many months. Hardy at the min would be an upgrade over Robinson for sure.. I also think Jerry Jones could care less if the Bills get any of his players. We are in different conferences.

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2002, 01:15 PM
I would like to get Knight as well.

mannyfresh
12-26-2002, 01:37 PM
i think we need saftey more than a LB

mannyfresh
12-26-2002, 01:40 PM
i would be satisfied with colvin and knight.

i dont think we will sign a DL, or else why pickup marcus jones.?

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2002, 01:41 PM
Colvin and knight would do me just fine!!!

mannyfresh
12-26-2002, 01:44 PM
we got about 17 million cap rom. id say those combined would cost us about 10 million.

we would still have money left over.....for......yep david boston. i know with his injury he will be much cheaper to sign than price. i think he would love to be paired up with moulds.

TypicalBill
12-26-2002, 01:44 PM
we're
6th against the pass
30th against the run

i think we need a DL and a LB more than a safety

TypicalBill
12-26-2002, 01:47 PM
were more like 13mil under the cap

mannyfresh
12-26-2002, 01:47 PM
well i disagree typical bill. marcus jones, did not see a down this year, plus schobel is doing fine. with big pat,jones,schobel, and edwards who should shed his jekyl and hyde performances id say we dont need another DL.

we need one more LB. colvin should just fine. Plus, if GW is back, then so is the 46 d. which by the way, safety is essential. we have wire, but we need a sammy knight. prielou needs to go.

mannyfresh
12-26-2002, 01:49 PM
nah man, were about 13 million right now.

but, for the post season, the cap itself is increasing by 3.5 million, plus jay R is as good as gone, thats another 2.5 million

really we got about 17million

TypicalBill
12-26-2002, 01:51 PM
i agree, but ron edwards isn't the answer at DT. A stud next to pat williams would solidify the whole defense. Colvin and knight would nice. I'd add Cletidus Hunt as DT next to pat and we have a dominating defense.

:gobills:

mannyfresh
12-26-2002, 01:55 PM
i would add another DT if i were completely sold on josh reed. yes reed had a solid rookie year, but thats the problem, a solid rookie year does not translate into a solid career. we still, imo, need another wr.

with boston cominf off an injury, and decaliring his intent to leave arizona, i think we would be foolish not to sign him. he will chepaer than price, and i think better.

TypicalBill
12-26-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by mannyfresh
nah man, were about 13 million right now.

but, for the post season, the cap itself is increasing by 3.5 million, plus jay R is as good as gone, thats another 2.5 million

really we got about 17million

sorry, i thought we had about 13mil for next year, my bad :hitself:

DraftBoy
12-26-2002, 02:08 PM
I dont like Sammy Knight, we are not trying to get back into slary cap hell here, we need to just continue to replenish by going after high grade FA, but not superstars and drafting well.

mannyfresh
12-26-2002, 02:11 PM
hey what about peter boulware, he's a free agent 2.?

DraftBoy
12-26-2002, 02:12 PM
Didnt you say that you didnt wanna sign a LB. I dont think he is a good fit at DE he needs to be moved back.

mannyfresh
12-26-2002, 02:15 PM
i said we dont need another DL.....boulware is a lb

mannyfresh
12-26-2002, 02:18 PM
ricky proehl is availble too

TypicalBill
12-26-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
I dont like Sammy Knight, we are not trying to get back into slary cap hell here, we need to just continue to replenish by going after high grade FA, but not superstars and drafting well.

:up:

Earthquake Enyart
12-26-2002, 03:26 PM
Some of the cap casulties will be better than the current FA list, like the ever popular Sam Adams. If the Redskins go after PP, then they are going to have to make some room too (Darryl Gardiner?)

Colvin is the real deal.

colin
12-26-2002, 05:35 PM
Colvin and Spikes would be nice, don't say it can't happen, look what the Redskins did last year buying up LBs.

A DT Like Noble would be great as well, I wonder if Sam Adams or Parella from the Raiders are gonna be cut, they have a terrible cap situation.

We can draft a FS, or a LB, who can make contributions very soon, we need to sign one LB and one DT go get really strong. With our depth at corner, we can focus on the front 7 and hopefully get some really good value.

SABURZFAN
12-26-2002, 05:58 PM
i'd like us to shore up our DT,LB,and WR positions.here's a couple names for each position i'd like to see.

WR-since peerless doesn't appear happy with the PRO BOWL snub,we should look into l.coles or d.jackson

LB-spikes and colvin appear to be the studs.we could use either one of them

DT-noble is decent and an upgrade from edwards.however,i would disregard this guys past and take a chance on d.gardner.he can be moody but he and p.williams would be a dynamic pair of DT's.

Akhippo
12-26-2002, 07:44 PM
I dont think there is any reason to go after a FS in FA. Hell the way Winfield hit Glenn, move him to FS. Talk about hearing footsteps. In FA they need to look at a DT and 2 OLBs. Newmans a FA, if they could get somebody better why not replace him and Robinson. Then in the draft think FS or OL. I think they can pick up a speedy WR in FA. Like it was said before, someone like L Coles. who would also hurt the Jets. Hes coming on strong.

Marcos20
12-26-2002, 08:08 PM
First of all .. cut Watson, Riemersma , resign Newman and windfield.
Dont resing Price and Bryson.

In FAcency i think we need
1st- a good OLB (Colvin or spikes) we'r a disaster against the run ,adn this guy have had solid years playing. Those could be very good adds to our Rush D
2nd- DT .. I think NOble can be a good add. next to pat. If not i would like to go against S.Adams ...if he goes cheap.
We also need to look at some depth for Special Teams.

I just want two good adquisition in FAcency , couse i dont want to be again is Cap hell

In the Draft we can go in the 2nd round for a FS if not a DT - I dont see the need of another OLB couse Spoon will be full heatlthed and w will hace Spoon, Colcin (or Spikes), Fletcher and Newman. Besides thats i see Pirolau doing pretty well , so i could love more to have a DT than a S.

Then go for a Speedy WR (like L.Coles), we'r gonna need a good SL receiver with good hands and speed.

In the late rounds go for a QB, an OLB for depth, a DT or a blocking TE.