• Show
Clear All
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Rheem released by Buffalo

From Billsdaily.com:

Bills Release Rheem:
    The Bills decided against carrying three kickers into training camp and released college free agent Joe Rheem. He was a star at Kansas St before signing with the Bills in April.

So it's either Lindell or the new guy...Baker (?) to be our kicker. I didn't think Rheem would be any good anyway. He was a poor choice among the undrafted!!! But maybe some of the others were pursued but just weren't interested in Buffalo b'cse of our type of weather here...
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Rheem released by Buffalo

how many junk kickers are we going to sign and then release this off-season? Lindell sucks and we need to bring in someone who can truly challenge him in camp.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mysticsoto
      Too sober for this...
      • Apr 2004

We're probably going to have to wait to see who gets cut from another team - we should probably start investigating who drafted Kickers and who might get rid of some...

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

I looked into some of the kickers that went in the undrafted...and I have to say what a sorry bunch of kickers they were!!! All of them appear to be dysfunctional in one way or another. One of them...Mark Myers, I think, wants to kick but he wants nothing to do with tackling another player or other duties that a kicker might have to do from time to time. What a loser. He should go back to soccer or kickball then!!!

For those of you criticizing TD for not bringing in talent to compete against Lindell...let me tell you why - there isn't any talent. Most of the Kickers that went undrafted have serious shortcomings that would show up in Buffalo - maybe more than anywhere else. For example, atleast have of them seem to have a strong leg, and yet have lots of trouble kicking in bad weather or against the wind. The rest lose accuracy past 40 yards (which defeats the purpose of even bringing them in).

The colts drafted a kicker in the 6th round...I'm not sure why b'cse Vanderjagt is solid for them - so I expect them to place him as camp fodder or cut him at some point. This guy has a strong leg, but has trouble with the wind and might be a better indoor kicker. Not sure if he might be a candidate to keep our eye on???

So I think, after all my research...for this year, we might be stuck with Lindell...

Comment

Working...
        X