PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Fever says Bills go 6-10...

FinNasty23
07-07-2005, 09:31 AM
here is what they said about thie bills

Buffalo Bills - As much as I hate to say it, this team is worse without Drew Bledsoe. JP Losman has no real experience and the rest of the team isn't that good. They have a decent defense, but Losman needs more experience. If Mike Malarkey truly new that Bledsoe would be gone, Losman should have gotten more experience last year. They will pay the price for that this year. Now I am a fin fan and of course have some resentment towards the bills (what would a rivalry be without it? :snicker2:) but this is a little rediculous... rest of the team isnt that good? besides ur o-line i think QB is the only ? u guys got... "Decent Defense" ??? come on... lets be honest... ur D is sick...

and this is above it in the Patriots review...

Only reason I have them (Patriots) winning this division is that the rest of it is so weak. Weak division??? WHAT??? This guy is on some serious crack...

here is the link
http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0519.html

Nasty

mysticsoto
07-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Now I am a fin fan and of course have some resentment towards the bills (what would a rivalry be without it? :snicker2:) but this is a little rediculous... rest of the team isnt that good? besides ur o-line i think QB is the only ? u guys got... "Decent Defense" ??? come on... lets be honest... ur D is sick...

Weak division??? WHAT??? This guy is on some serious crack...

here is the link

Nasty
Sometimes people try to create controversy with what they say b'cse they are nobodies and are looking for some attention. Clearly his words show he does not know what he is talking about...and probably best off to be ignored.

cordog
07-07-2005, 10:32 AM
All steeler fans are idiots. Sometimes i think they're worse than Miami fans.

Bulldog
07-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Now I am a fin fan and of course have some resentment towards the bills (what would a rivalry be without it? :snicker2:) but this is a little rediculous... rest of the team isnt that good? besides ur o-line i think QB is the only ? u guys got... "Decent Defense" ??? come on... lets be honest... ur D is sick...

here is the link

Nasty

If this writer wants to be taken seriously, he might want to learn how to spell the coaches name. It's Mularkey, not Malarkey. Being that Mularkey used to be the OC for the Steelers, you would think the writer would know how to spell his last name. Weak!

cordog
07-07-2005, 10:34 AM
If this writer wants to be taken seriously, he might want to learn how to spell the coaches name. It's Mularkey, not Malarkey. Being that Mularkey used to be the OC for the Steelers, you would think the writer would know how to spell his last name. Weak!

he should also learn the difference between knew and new.

Bulldog
07-07-2005, 10:39 AM
And the only reason he has the Patriots winning the division is because the rest of it's so weak? How about the fact that they've won three of the last four SB's. If it wasn't for the Jets kicker missing FG after FG the Steelers would have lost that game. And the following week they did lose to the Patriots. Two teams from the AFC East that should have or did beat the mighty Steelers at home. Man, what a weak division. Must still be bitter about the Pats beating them on their own field.

ublinkwescore
07-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Wow, I think the Steelers just became more hated by me then the Pats just because of this guy (and some idiot neighbors two doors down - they're big steelers fans).

Jayhawk
07-07-2005, 10:49 AM
squeelers fans are about as dumb as Phins fans.

tampabay25690
07-07-2005, 11:02 AM
That is pretty ridiculous....

BFLOBILLSBURGH
07-07-2005, 11:02 AM
Guys,

I am from Buffalo and live in Pittsburgh now. You have to understand that Steeler fans are the worst fans in the NFL. They do not give anyone respect. Think about what the idiot said about Losman- No Experience?? Its not like Ben had any experience after Maddox got hurt. Our D is awesome, we have the best special teams in the league and two of best young offensive players in the league with Evans and Willis. And were not that good.

Its glad to see that some other Bills fans can now see what Steeler fans are really like. IDIOTS!!!

Pride
07-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Had we, as bills fans, known that ben rotheaifoadfoausdoburger was going to be starting last year... we would have predicted 6-10 as well.. without seeing what the kid (JP) do, 6-10 is very likely!

BAM
07-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Not all Steelers fans are ******s.. my dad is a huge Stiller fan as well as a bunch of my boys... just most are. :D

cordog
07-07-2005, 03:01 PM
I live in Steeler country and I only know 1 decent Steelers fan that I can talk football with. Its so funny listening to some local sports radio shows here in Erie. Whenever they lose someone to FA they say "Oh he wasn't that good anyways, (insert name of whomever was his backup) is better."

Pride
07-07-2005, 03:18 PM
And bills fans dont do the same thing?

Peerless? Winfield? Henry? P. Williams? helloooo!! every fan does that... its a defense mechanism!

mysticsoto
07-07-2005, 03:20 PM
And bills fans dont do the same thing?

Peerless? Winfield? Henry? P. Williams? helloooo!! every fan does that... its a defense mechanism!
Peerless wasn't any good without Moulds.

Winfield - well we found a good replacement. Winfield was good, but limited (not the intercepting type).

PW - nobody here is happy that he is gone. But most people understand the economics, the cap, and the age all conspired to have him leave us.

Henry - WM is better, but it'd be nice if he stayed as a backup. Sadly, that's not going to happen

Who else? JJ - no way is he worth that amount he is now getting paid, and even if he was, we couldn't afford it.

I'd say Bills fans are alot more level-headed than many other fans!!!

HHURRICANE
07-07-2005, 03:45 PM
This is moronic. The rationale that we are worse this year due to losing Bledsoe is coming from someone who didn't watch the games. I could blame many of the 7 losses on Bledsoe. Remember, we had a game plan in place so Bledsoe couldn't lose us games. I can't think of one game last year where he alone won us a game. A comeback from behind, anything where you could say Bledsoe was the difference maker. The ironice part is Pittsburgh went from 6-10 to 15-1 with a rookie QB and San Diego went from 4-12 to 12-4 with a QB they were getting ready to replace and still might. The Bills came off of a 9-7 season with a rookie coach. I could make the argument that the Steelers have a lot more room to go backwards than us unless of course they are planning to be the first team in NFL history to go 16-0.

The_Philster
07-07-2005, 03:51 PM
I can't think of one game last year where he alone won us a game
No player wins or loses a game on his own :rolleyes:

Bill Brasky
07-07-2005, 03:53 PM
my high school football coach and history teach was a steelers fan. let's just say he didn't have a good grasp on anything other than the steelers.

though I think 6-10 is incorrect it's not far off. i see this team going 7-9, or 8-8.

unless the OLine turns out to be anything other than what they are on paper, which is pretty bad, this team won't win many games. the defense is gonna carry us all season again.

i think it's pretty funny the idiot steeler fans think or defense is "decent"... but i'm guessing they are basing that on the fact that their 3rd stringers owned us at home in essentially what was a playoff game last year. that being said, one game doesn't determine how good your unit is.

as for the AFCE sucking... this obviously proves they are idiots. the steelers play in a horrible division. if BR had to play against the defenses in this division 6 times a season, no way he would be undefeated as a starter in the regular season.

HHURRICANE
07-07-2005, 04:06 PM
No player wins or loses a game on his own :rolleyes:
Okay, Kelly, Elway or even Holcomb has never had a game winning drive or a performance that lead a team to victory? My point was that the games we did win last year had very little to do with Bledsoe over performing. I think JP may lose us some games but I think he has the big play potential to win us some as well. Bledsoe did not show us anything last year, hence why he's gone.

Mudflap1
07-07-2005, 04:23 PM
6-10 may not be a reach. We just don't know yet. There are several variables with this team (like any team, but this team I think has some bigger questions than most) that will be the difference of a 5-11/6-10 team and a 9-7/10-6 team.

The biggest one is Losman. We just don't KNOW yet. He might be great, he might be awful, he might be in between, he might start off bad, then get good later in the season. He might start off good, but then his tendencies are picked up and he struggles later in the season. Again, we just don't know, and we won't until Game 1.

Offensive line is a big one too. I actually feel pretty good about the right side of the line under McNally, and I think that Bennie Anderson should be a solid plug-in. Left tackle, like Losman, is just a huge question mark. We just don't know. Unfortunately, those two positions are linked, because if the left tackle(s) play great, it's gonna only help Losman, but if they are terrible, he's going to be running scared and run the risk of becoming 'damaged goods' by 1) running for his life the whole time, 2) looking over his shoulder the whole time, having no time to adequately pass and look at his receivers, 3) be faced with 3rd and longs all day, and the worst, 4) get killed.

We just do not know. The record he put was not unintelligent. 6-10 is a legitimate prediction, and is not out of the realm of possibilities. His reasoning was weak though. This team is pretty solid all around, sans the left side of the line, the unknown entity that is Losman, and, on a smaller note, tight end (mediocre at best unit).

Jon

FlyingDutchman
07-07-2005, 04:27 PM
6-10 is rediculous...there is no way the record will be worse than last year....we will have a top 3 D this year...and a top 3 special teams...that mix a lone will keep us in almost every game....maybe people didnt notice that we blew teams out by the avg. score of about 21 in the second half of the year...if J.P. is just semi-productive, and limits mistakes, there is no reason why we shouldnt do better than last year. Willis will be stronger and faster than last year and Lee Evans will be more comfortable with his routes....of course i expect mistakes from J.P., but I dont see him doing any worse than Threw Intercepto..oops i mean Drew Bledsoe. :scratch:

HHURRICANE
07-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Now I'm confused. How can anyone think 6-10 is in the realm of possibilities. If we start out 0-4 again people will be hanging TD in the street. This is a playoff team and that is why people like Spikes wanted to come here. If JP starts looking awful, like Eli, I don't think MM can afford not to start Holcomb, etc. Remember, MM is not going to have any more time to prove himself than GW had. This team has to win or we won't have players to sign!

THATHURMANATOR
07-07-2005, 04:40 PM

here is the link

Nasty

What can you expect from somebody from Pennsyltucky??? (no offense to Bills fans from PA)

Bill Brasky
07-07-2005, 04:49 PM
If the OL can't block then Holcomb will be no better than JP...

another thing to consider is McGahee. Yeah, he can be the stud in this offense, but if there's no blocking for him, he won't do ****.

everything hinges on the OL... and from what I know/see/antcipate, I don't see this OL letting this offense take us to the playoffs this year... unless some sort of miracle happens, which would be sweet.

you can have tons of weapons, but if you have no blocking none of it means anything.

MDFINFAN
07-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Peerless wasn't any good without Moulds.

Winfield - well we found a good replacement. Winfield was good, but limited (not the intercepting type).

PW - nobody here is happy that he is gone. But most people understand the economics, the cap, and the age all conspired to have him leave us.

Henry - WM is better, but it'd be nice if he stayed as a backup. Sadly, that's not going to happen

Who else? JJ - no way is he worth that amount he is now getting paid, and even if he was, we couldn't afford it.

I'd say Bills fans are alot more level-headed than many other fans!!!

We don't have to do the link by link thing do we? :cynic:

mysticsoto
07-08-2005, 07:57 AM
We don't have to do the link by link thing do we? :cynic:
Link by link thing??? I don't know what that is, but I do know that we talk to you, LTfinfan and several others just fine. I think the only person we tend to have a problem with is FTP - b'cse he's irrational, posts lies and doesn't really back up anything he says with facts. He just shoots from the hip without thinking about what is being talked about. Case in point, that our DEs have been owned by JT. :D Or like when he said that JP was ranked low in 2004's draft, when virtually every ranking had him at #4 best QB for that year! Other than that, I'd say we treat you guys pretty civil here.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-08-2005, 08:03 AM
On the NFL radio, I think it was John Shine, said that the Bills will get 6 wins because the division is going to be tough this year. It is hard to argue, nobody knows what is going to happen this season with a suspect OL and a 1st year quarterback.

BFLOBILLSBURGH
07-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Why is the OL so suspect, because we lost Jonas Jennings. I guess I missed all of his amazing play the last three years. How many Pro Bowls did he go to? We have Teague, Villarrial, Williams coming back and added Bennie Anderson. Bennie Anderson did block on a line that got Jamal Lewis 2,066 yards (Jamal Lewis is not that good- he had a great line). And we do have a pretty good back in McGahee that likes to run between the tackles. So we have a battle at left tackle- I don't care what anyone thinks Gandy can't make the whole line suspect. Lets get off of this weak OL thing and remember teams have turnover. That what will make Mularkey a great coach. Bledsoe was a sack of potatoes behind the line. We have JP which will move the pocket around , we could never do that with Bledsoe. We were so one dimensional last year. If you are seriously a Bills fan and think the Bills are going to be 6-10, then just get off of the wagon and go cheer for someone else.

We have so much promise, I hate reading Bills fans that say they are fans and question everything that happens. Where are the true Bills fans.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Why is the OL so suspect, because we lost Jonas Jennings. I guess I missed all of his amazing play the last three years. How many Pro Bowls did he go to? We have Teague, Villarrial, Williams coming back and added Bennie Anderson. Bennie Anderson did block on a line that got Jamal Lewis 2,066 yards (Jamal Lewis is not that good- he had a great line). And we do have a pretty good back in McGahee that likes to run between the tackles. So we have a battle at left tackle- I don't care what anyone thinks Gandy can't make the whole line suspect. Lets get off of this weak OL thing and remember teams have turnover. That what will make Mularkey a great coach. Bledsoe was a sack of potatoes behind the line. We have JP which will move the pocket around , we could never do that with Bledsoe. We were so one dimensional last year. If you are seriously a Bills fan and think the Bills are going to be 6-10, then just get off of the wagon and go cheer for someone else.

We have so much promise, I hate reading Bills fans that say they are fans and question everything that happens. Where are the true Bills fans.

Suspect might have been to big of a word, I am not comfortable with the most important position for the passing game as far as the OL is concerned. Quit your whining if someone thinks they are going 6-10. Nobody knows what they are going to do. They could go 10-6. Oh, sorry, I guess I am not a true fan because I don't love everything about the team and I don't look at things through rose colored glasses. That would make a great message board, everyone saying how they love the team and how they are going to win the Super Bowl with every post.

mysticsoto
07-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Suspect might have been to big of a word, I am not comfortable with the most important position for the passing game as far as the OL is concerned. Quit your whining if someone thinks they are going 6-10. Nobody knows what they are going to do. They could go 10-6. Oh, sorry, I guess I am not a true fan because I don't love everything about the team and I don't look at things through rose colored glasses. That would make a great message board, everyone saying how they love the team and how they are going to win the Super Bowl with every post.
Maybe it is an extreme to just accept anything, and also an extreme to say we are going to be terrible b'cse it doesn't fit our view of what we'd like it to be. What I do wish for, is for people to wait and see what Gandy has to offer before just writing him off. If in TC and the pre-season, he gets beat left and right, by all means, you have the right to complain and b*tch all you want. But maybe, just maybe, he'll be decent - not great, but decent.

I'm willing to wait and see before I pass judgement.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-08-2005, 03:40 PM
Maybe it is an extreme to just accept anything, and also an extreme to say we are going to be terrible b'cse it doesn't fit our view of what we'd like it to be. What I do wish for, is for people to wait and see what Gandy has to offer before just writing him off. If in TC and the pre-season, he gets beat left and right, by all means, you have the right to complain and b*tch all you want. But maybe, just maybe, he'll be decent - not great, but decent.

I'm willing to wait and see before I pass judgement.

OK, so you shouldn't have an opinion until after you see something? I never said I wasn't willing to wait to see how this pans out, obviously that is what you have to do, I am not comfortable with the LT situation. Does that make me wrong or not a "true" fan?

BFLOBILLSBURGH
07-08-2005, 04:51 PM
OK, so you shouldn't have an opinion until after you see something? I never said I wasn't willing to wait to see how this pans out, obviously that is what you have to do, I am not comfortable with the LT situation. Does that make me wrong or not a "true" fan?
Well go listen to your NFL radio and don't argue with anyone who says the Bills are going to suck because 6-10 sucks. Just fill up the message boards with "Ill just wait to see how things pan out". Were you comfortable last year with the LT situation? I don't think so. I believe in defense and special teams. We averaged 176 yards passing last year and Bledsoe did nothing for us. And when did I say we were going to win the Superbowl? How about a playoff birth.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Well go listen to your NFL radio and don't argue with anyone who says the Bills are going to suck because 6-10 sucks. Just fill up the message boards with "Ill just wait to see how things pan out". Were you comfortable last year with the LT situation? I don't think so. I believe in defense and special teams. We averaged 176 yards passing last year and Bledsoe did nothing for us. And when did I say we were going to win the Superbowl? How about a playoff birth.

What are you talking about? Myst. is the one that said he wait and see what pans out. As far as my opinion I will say it. I also won't argue with a guy that thinks the Bills will be 6-10, just like I won't argue with a guy that says they will be 10-6.

Mudflap1
07-08-2005, 05:30 PM
The line was mediocre WITH Jonas Jennings. Jonas was no great shakes in of himself, and now he's gone. At least he was relatively adequate. I think what people are saying is that the line has been more or less neglected for years. You'll all argue that everyone has been brought in under Tom Donahoe -- true. But how many, besides Mike Williams, were top-notch prospects or savvy veterans? Maybe Villarial. Anderson and Teagure are relatively SOLID veterans, but they're certainly not spectacular.

I am more than willing to see Gandy out. Maybe he'll surprise us and will be great, I'd love it! However, I think that I, and some others, are saying they'd feel more comfortable at this point, 5 years into Tom Donahoe's reign, if there was more of a proven commodity/top prospect going in at left tackle this year to protect our (oh by the way) new and unproven franchise quarterback.

Again, 6-10 is not impossible. Do I want to see it? Of course not. Do I think it will happen? It could. I thought 2 years ago that the Bills would be a playoff team. However, they suffered some injuries, Bledsoe had a bad year, and the team went 6-10. It's possble. Losman could struggle, have no time to pass, there will be lots of 3 and outs, could be some injuries. Could everything click and the Bills go 10-6? Sure! We just don't know yet. That's not being a bad fan, that's being an intelligent fan that sees the good and the bad.

Remember, this is a Buffalo Bills message board, not the Buffalo Bills cheerleader site. It's about freedom of discussion.

Jon

mysticsoto
07-08-2005, 07:01 PM
No, saying you are not comfortable with the LT situation is fine. I'm talking more toward the people who say our line is going to suck, period. Truth is, we have no money and no candidates who are good out there that we can afford. So we are stuck regardless of what we'd wish would happen. People can whine all they want, but I'm not going to whine over a situation I have no control over. If Gandy does end up sucking or hurt, then they'll just have to get creative on how they handle the problem. Whether that be running up the middle or to the right only, JP rolling out to the right when passing, using FBs & TEs to help block on obvious passing downs, using middle screens, using reverses/change of direction type plays - I mean, it's not the end of the world...we have what we have and we've got to find a way to make it work!