• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoCalBillsFan
    Expert on Experts
    • Jul 2002

Rosenhaus holdouts good for Bills?

Most of us have been pretty pessimistic about McGahee's contract next year considering the tactics Rosenhaus is using with his clients this year. But I think all of his holdouts this year could be great for the McGahee situation depending on how they are resolved. If guys like TO and Javon Walker holdout but don't get new contracts, have to pay heavy fines, and miss valuable time, perhaps McGahee learns a lesson for next year. Am I crazy?

I for one am hoping for some long holdouts in which the teams don't blink. Maybe Rosenhaus can get his "holdout fix" this year...
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Rosenhaus holdouts good for Bills?

Its a good point Socal, Im hoping for the same thing.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I still say we're screwed- we're either going to have to let McGahee go or pay him an arm and a leg and cut the rest of the team to afford it.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Aero II
        RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
        • Jul 2002

Aren't all the holdouts a result of these players dumping their agents, signing with Rosenhaus and him not getting a big enough cut of their salary? By the Bills drafting WM in the first round, TD validated DR's claim that Willis would be a first rounder. Yes, DR is a snake in the grass, but I havn't seen any long time clients demanding new contracts. Only marginal tallent demand hugh salarys when their current deal expires (ex-O'gun in Miami).

Comment

• ryjam282
          Offical Billszone Starting QB
          • Mar 2003

I agree, Walker and TO were guys that joined Rosenhaus after they already signed there current contract and it is a way for him to get more money. He has them sign a new deal and he makes his standard cut whatever that may be. If they have a contract in place when they add his services he gets nothing. I think we might be OK with Willis. His contract is pretty incentive laden and he could make a big payday if he hits the numbers.

It costs nothing to a player to retain the rights of an agent. The agent makes the money at contract time and that is it.

Ryan Withey
          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

Working...
          X