PDA

View Full Version : Jets staying in NJ looking more likely

wchutalkinboutwillis
07-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Good news for the Bills and WNY taxpayers. It's looking less and less likely that the Jets will build a new stadium in the state of New York. This would make the NY state gov't much more focused on sustaining the longevity of the Bills in WNY. This came from the NY Post:

July 8, 2005 -- <!--start bodytext-->John Mara, the Giants executive vice president and driving force behind the construction of a proposed 80,000-seat stadium, said this week that he intends to speak with the Jets "very soon" about forming a partnership that would result in both teams playing in a new state-of-the-art facility at the Meadowlands.
Back on April 14, the team and the state of New Jersey announced plans for the new stadium, at an estimated cost of $750 million, to be financed solely by the Giants and likely ready for the start of the 2009 season. With the crushing of the Jets bid to build a new home on the West Side of Manhattan, the Jets will need a place to play, and sharing the financial burden with the Giants seems like one of the only remaining options.

Pride
07-08-2005, 01:38 PM
haha!! good!

Pride
07-08-2005, 01:40 PM
sorry, but no city should have or need 2 football stadiums...

Historian
07-09-2005, 06:35 AM
Good.

Screw the Jets and their classless fans.

X-Era
07-09-2005, 08:19 AM
Good news for the Bills and WNY taxpayers. It's looking less and less likely that the Jets will build a new stadium in the state of New York. This would make the NY state gov't much more focused on sustaining the longevity of the Bills in WNY. This came from the NY Post:

July 8, 2005 -- <!--start bodytext-->John Mara, the Giants executive vice president and driving force behind the construction of a proposed 80,000-seat stadium, said this week that he intends to speak with the Jets "very soon" about forming a partnership that would result in both teams playing in a new state-of-the-art facility at the Meadowlands.
Back on April 14, the team and the state of New Jersey announced plans for the new stadium, at an estimated cost of $750 million, to be financed solely by the Giants and likely ready for the start of the 2009 season. With the crushing of the Jets bid to build a new home on the West Side of Manhattan, the Jets will need a place to play, and sharing the financial burden with the Giants seems like one of the only remaining options.
Great, its nice to be the only real NY team!!!!!

Bills 4 life
07-09-2005, 09:13 AM
Good.

Screw the Jets and their classless fans.
Especially those young punks in the tunnels who CONSTANTLY chant J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS.

Bill Brasky
07-09-2005, 04:03 PM
good.

this means I'll have less *******s to deal w/ around here on gamedays, though I'll be up at the Ralph most of the season

Scumbag College
07-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Especially those young punks in the tunnels who CONSTANTLY chant J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS.

I've been in that tunnel (My Jets fan friend calls it "The Tunnel of Shame") and it's kinda like hell...it's really hot and very unpleasant.

wchutalkinboutwillis
07-10-2005, 05:43 PM
good.

this means I'll have less *******s to deal w/ around here on gamedays, though I'll be up at the Ralph most of the season
Jet fans can be obnoxious to visiting fans but I have to be honest, I think we're worse. We've been going to both Bills/Jets games every year for about 8 years now. 3 of us are Bills fans and 3 Jet fans. I very rarely get any ***t from the fans down here. At the Ralph, it seems I have to intervene to save my Jet buddies on a regular basis. I remember one night home-opener in particular, I think it was 98', Sunday night before Labor Day, ESPN. Fluite was all over the place and we won like 17-3. There were so many battles in the stands that night that it was just a sea of yellow everywhere you looked. My pals are actually quiet and respectful when they're at the Ralph but there were multiple occassions where things could have gotten ugly. I think the Bills do have the best fans in football but the Ralph can be dangerous (as it should be) for visiting fans.

PS- That's an awesome sig. I'm ecstatic that Family Guy is back on. The one last week where Brian was barking at the Rapper was a classic. I rewound that scene about 6x.

ExWNYer
07-11-2005, 06:07 AM

They're all dyslexic...everyone knows that the chant is really: J-E-S-T, JEST, JEST, JEST! :dance2: