PDA

View Full Version : Fisher..."Chris Brown is fine."

lordofgun
07-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Chris Brown, RB TEN

News: Titansonline.com reports that Chris Brown is healing and will be ready come training camp. "He's doing fine," head coach Jeff Fisher said. "He won't have any problems when he comes back to camp."

Analysis: Brown still isn't taking any contact for precautionary reasons, but he should be at full speed when training camp opens.

Possible bad news for Henry trade or is he bluffing?

Mr. Miyagi
07-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Possible bad news for Henry trade or is he bluffing?
What do you think? Can you imagine Fisher saying this?

"Chris Brown is so fragile and injury-prone, even though he seems fine now there's no guarantee he won't break a wrist picking his nose in training camp. Therefore, we're currently actively and desperately pursuing another running back in the market. Hopefully the price won't be too steep."

mysticsoto
07-08-2005, 02:29 PM
This shouldn't be a surprise - he only had a broken hand, and all indications were that he would be ready by training camp. However, that's no reason for us to get pessimistic either. Chris Brown has had an injury, virtually every year since he started. The fact that he just got another in OTA recently should tell about his fragility. Even if he takes it easy in camp, and preseason, I envision him getting hurt again at the start of the season. He is definitely high injury prone.

Too bad. He's actually a really good RB.

Tatonka
07-08-2005, 02:41 PM
he is awesome when he plays.. if he didnt get dinged up so much, he would be a fantasy football force.. but he is going to miss 5 games, at a minimum.. and i can remember him getting pulled last year a few times because of injuries.. against miami, he had 150 yards in the first half.. then didnt play in the 2nd.

Ed
07-08-2005, 02:41 PM
This shouldn't be a surprise - he only had a broken hand, and all indications were that he would be ready by training camp. However, that's no reason for us to get pessimistic either. Chris Brown has had an injury, virtually every year since he started. The fact that he just got another in OTA recently should tell about his fragility. Even if he takes it easy in camp, and preseason, I envision him getting hurt again at the start of the season. He is definitely high injury prone.

Too bad. He's actually a really good RB.
Yeah, what he said.

Spielmanrules54
07-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Henry's probably not going to Tenn. anyway... they have a couple of young guys they like a lot at running back behind Brown.

Jan Reimers
07-08-2005, 05:43 PM
What do you think? Can you imagine Fisher saying this?

"Chris Brown is so fragile and injury-prone, even though he seems fine now there's no guarantee he won't break a wrist picking his nose in training camp. Therefore, we're currently actively and desperately pursuing another running back in the market. Hopefully the price won't be too steep."
Wouldn't we all admire his honesty?

Bulldog
07-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Henry's probably not going to Tenn. anyway... they have a couple of young guys they like a lot at running back behind Brown.

Like who? Payton isn't anything special, Reyes is a 3rd down back at best. They're pretty thin at the RB spot. I still think Henry ends up in Jacksonville. No way is F. Taylor going to be ready to go when the season starts. I'd say Henry to the Jags for a conditional 3rd. We'll see.

BillsRockSOMUCH
07-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Brown is incredible fragile and Fisher knows that. They badly need a solid backup if (when) Brown goes down and even if he somehow stays healthy for a bit a guy to help carry the load. Donahoe is playing poker, he's playing the cards to get the best deal.