X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Rumors Fly About Henry

The last few days have drawn attention to a possible deal that would send Henry to Jacksonville to fill the void left by an injured Fred Taylor.

The WGR Morning Show is counting down the days to training camp by going Around The League to preview each NFL team. Today, they talked with Jaguars Play-by-Play man Brian Sexton who got right to the point. When asked if he thought that Jacksonville was going to trade for Henry he said simply, "Yes."

Sexton went on to say that the Jags like his style of running and his cap number, not to mention that his performance will be pushed by him being in the final year of a contract, so he would be surprised if they didn't make a move on him.

Sexton added, "The main hold up is that Tom Donahoe wants a compensation pick if Henry reaches a certain yardage mark for the season. They'll squawk about it for a while then get it done the first week of training camp because the Jags can't have any confidence in Taylor."

• jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Re: Rumors Fly About Henry

Originally posted by Mikey82
    The last few days have drawn attention to a possible deal that would send Henry to Jacksonville to fill the void left by an injured Fred Taylor.

The WGR Morning Show is counting down the days to training camp by going Around The League to preview each NFL team. Today, they talked with Jaguars Play-by-Play man Brian Sexton who got right to the point. When asked if he thought that Jacksonville was going to trade for Henry he said simply, "Yes."

Sexton went on to say that the Jags like his style of running and his cap number, not to mention that his performance will be pushed by him being in the final year of a contract, so he would be surprised if they didn't make a move on him.

Sexton added, "The main hold up is that Tom Donahoe wants a compensation pick if Henry reaches a certain yardage mark for the season. They'll squawk about it for a while then get it done the first week of training camp because the Jags can't have any confidence in Taylor."

http://www.wgr550.com/fullstory.php?id=0937
    Good story Mikey. This sounds even more positive than any other articles that I have read.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12
      Good story Mikey. This sounds even more positive than any other articles that I have read.
      yeah it does. I think that the trade will get done within the next couple weeks and if the Titans get desperate...they may even offer a straight up 2nd rounder.

Comment

• Voltron
        • Jul 2002

very very interesting
        Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
        - Mark Twain

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Voltron
          very very interesting
          yeah, it is.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
            • Jan 2004

it's even more interesting that neither of those teams want to go after Edge or Alexander and are opting for TH... I'm guessing it's cuz of their cap #'s??

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
              • Apr 2004

I'd bet that's the case.

Comment

• jpdex12
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by andyxc71
                I'd bet that's the case.
                As they said, it's his style of play that they like as well. He's like a Fred Taylor RB. I am dying to know what TD's terms are to get a conditional second rounder...1200 yard season, 1300 yard season? Who knows.

Comment

• Bert102176
                  • Aug 2002

plus TH is younger so I bet it's not just the money but that the age has to do with part of it
                  lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                    • Jul 2002

plus the jags are just looking for a quick fix for the year because of taylor. if they went out to get edge or alexander, then they are committing themselves to a headache with a player wanted a long-term deal and lots of money. might as well just give henry the rock next fall, then probably give the duty back to taylor when hes healthy the year after.

both sides win. jags would get an above average RB for a minimal cost, and Henry would get to show the other 31 teams in the league that he can still play in his contract year.

should be interesting, seems like the titans are in a similar situation as the jags..
                    Its all about the quest.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

First off Henry is the only signable RB out there. Nobody can afford the other two. Alexander won't even sign the 1 year 6.3 million contract with Seattle. What do you think he's going to sign for anywhere else? Second, I don't see Henry going to another team without some kind of renegotiated contract, like a 2-3 year deal. Am I missing something here? Just because he has a 1 year deal left doesn't mean he has to play it out.

Comment

• jpdex12
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        First off Henry is the only signable RB out there. Nobody can afford the other two. Alexander won't even sign the 1 year 6.3 million contract with Seattle. What do you think he's going to sign for anywhere else? Second, I don't see Henry going to another team without some kind of renegotiated contract, like a 2-3 year deal. Am I missing something here? Just because he has a 1 year deal left doesn't mean he has to play it out.
                        Exactly! As dumb as TH's agent seems, he's not going to let TH sign for a one year deal. They're gonna want at least three years and if Fragile FRed isn't ready to play this year he might as well hang it up!

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                          • Jul 2002

i disagree, it wouldnt suprise me either way, if henry gets the deal he has here extended and revalued or not. he might just really be looking for a place where he can get his 20-25 carries next year, and go wherever he wants the next year.

not saying he wont get that 2 or 3 year deal, just saying i wouldnt be suprised either way.
                          Its all about the quest.

Comment

Working...
                          X