X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

More Sporting News Bull****

So I knew that I was wasting money but curiosity killed the cat. I went and bought a few football mags to do some research for the upcoming fantasy year and I purchased the latest Sporting News because I wanted to see what the latest crap was that they wrote.
    Well, they are predicting the Bills to finish 4-12...I'll bet an entire year's salary that they finish better than that.
    They had them last behind the stinkin fish who were predicted to finish 8-8.
    You can bet the only thing that I will do with this magazine besides not use any information to make any decisions about my fantasy league...it will be used as TP!
    JP was on the cover BTW, with Tom Brady.
    The only good thing in this magazine is the 2006 NFL Draft Preview. It lists a lot of players that will be watched this year in college.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: More Sporting News Bull****

I prefer Lindy's
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ed
      • Sep 2002

That's just ******ed. Even if JP had been the starter last year as a genuine rookie (assuming he never broke his leg), we still wouldn't have gone 4-12. Even with a lousy or inexperienced qb, going 4-12 is pretty hard to do.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
        I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
        • Jul 2005

Hey I'm new. Its great to be here and be a bills fan. I guy who made that analysis Pompeii doesn't know what he is talking about. Peter KIng and some guy from cbs sportsline predicted the bills would be in the playoffs.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          Sab and TD are insignificant
          • Sep 2002

Peter King isn't exactly someone who's predictions (even when favorable for us) are something to jump up and down over.
          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

But nevertheless, it's always good to see Buffalo get some respect.
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Captain Obvious
              I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
              • Jul 2005

ublinkwescore: Now that I think about it I believe he picked Seattle and Jacksonville to make the Super Bowl last year. I hope he's right about the bills
              but maybe he isn't the best prognosticator.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• Bufftp
                Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

welcome WILLIS21! Enjoy the addiction Billszone.com!
                Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                to be led by permanent ideals -
                that is what keeps a man patient
                when the world ignores him,
                and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• jamze132
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Ed
                  That's just ******ed. Even if JP had been the starter last year as a genuine rookie (assuming he never broke his leg), we still wouldn't have gone 4-12. Even with a lousy or inexperienced qb, going 4-12 is pretty hard to do.
                  Didn't Drew pull off a 3-13 season?

Comment

• Ed
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                    Didn't Drew pull off a 3-13 season?
                    You mean his rookie year with the Pats? I think their record might have even been worse, but he was on a horrible team. My point, though, was if you already have a good team, it's hard for just the QB to screw things up that bad. I mean we have a championship caliber defense and special teams, and a RB whom a lot of people feel could contend for the rushing title.

When you consider that we were able to beat a team like Seattle on the road by almost 30 points, despite Drew throwing 3 or 4 INT's, it's hard to see JP being able to screw things up so bad that we only win 4 games.

Comment

• jpdex12
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Ed
                      You mean his rookie year with the Pats? I think their record might have even been worse, but he was on a horrible team. My point, though, was if you already have a good team, it's hard for just the QB to screw things up that bad. I mean we have a championship caliber defense and special teams, and a RB whom a lot of people feel could contend for the rushing title.

When you consider that we were able to beat a team like Seattle on the road by almost 30 points, despite Drew throwing 3 or 4 INT's, it's hard to see JP being able to screw things up so bad that we only win 4 games.
                      Well said my friend! Dan Pompei wrote the article. He's a complete idiot. He's got the Steelers at 8-8 with the Bengals winning that division, the Chiefs winning their division at 11-5 with the Chiefs beating the Patriots in a divisional game.
                      In the NFC, he's got the Eagles, Lions, Panthers and Cardinals winning their divisions which I don't see as far fetched. I would pick the Vikings to win over the Lions though.
                      Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but his predictions of the AFC are just asinine.

Comment

• bledslow
                        • May 2004

waaaa waaaaaaaa waaaa-it is amazing when ppl get all upset because a article did not say WHAT THEY WANTED TO HEAR. i doubt jp would have lead his team to more then 4 wins last year.drew still did throw for 20 td's.if jp started last year,i bet jp would have thrown for over 20 pics and 11 td's(no doubt).

i see the bills at around the 7 to 8 win total this season and thats that. theres a good chance that mike mcmahon part 2(wich is losman) might not even make it to the halfway mark this year.i can really see this guy getting benched.

Comment

• mayotm
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by bledslow
                          waaaa waaaaaaaa waaaa-it is amazing when ppl get all upset because a article did not say WHAT THEY WANTED TO HEAR. i doubt jp would have lead his team to more then 4 wins last year.drew still did throw for 20 td's.if jp started last year,i bet jp would have thrown for over 20 pics and 11 td's(no doubt).

i see the bills at around the 7 to 8 win total this season and thats that. theres a good chance that mike mcmahon part 2(wich is losman) might not even make it to the halfway mark this year.i can really see this guy getting benched.
                          Mike McMahon 2, that's quite a witty nick name! What a knee slapper! Stop it before I die of laughter.

By the way, the only similarity between JP and McMahon are that they are both mobile. The difference between the two is that JP can actually throw the ball.

Comment

• jpdex12
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by bledslow

Got to be a Fin fan. What's the matter dude? Doesn't your fans have a cooler website for you to wallow in?

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Ed
                              No it's not, even with a top 10 D...believe me..

Reach for the stars

Comment

Working...
                              X