Clear All
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

EA Sports - Arena Football?

Looks like EA Sports is putting out an AFL game:

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: EA Sports - Arena Football?

Sweet! Depending on the price, I may get this.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
      Sweet! Depending on the price, I may get this.
      why? anybody who buys this needs a subscription to a gym. not implying that you are fat or out of shape...implying that anybody who has time to play it is not finding enough things to do with their life.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        why? anybody who buys this needs a subscription to a gym. not implying that you are fat or out of shape...implying that anybody who has time to play it is not finding enough things to do with their life.
        What exactly is that supposed to mean? Im befuddeled by your response to be honest. Just bc somebody enjoys playing video games does not mean they dont have enough things to do with their lives, most pro athletes play video games alot do they need more things to do with their lives? It seems to me that you have a stigma as to what the typical video gamers life is, and thats not having one at all when in reality alot of us who play video games have expansive lives outside of the games and actually have families, and careers, and social events to go to. I really cant believe your response to this, bc its just so damn stereotypical.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          What exactly is that supposed to mean? Im befuddeled by your response to be honest. Just bc somebody enjoys playing video games does not mean they dont have enough things to do with their lives, most pro athletes play video games alot do they need more things to do with their lives? It seems to me that you have a stigma as to what the typical video gamers life is, and thats not having one at all when in reality alot of us who play video games have expansive lives outside of the games and actually have families, and careers, and social events to go to. I really cant believe your response to this, bc its just so damn stereotypical.
          Great post! I totally agree. I was a little surprised by Eb's comments myself. I'm a gamer. I love playing video games, the sports variety are the best. If Eb even clicked the damn link, he would have seen how cool the game looks. I mean, it sounds boring, but the more you think about it, it's fast paced, high scoring, it's indoors, live hitting, knocking the players over the wall, and of course the AFL atmosphere with the loud music blaring and fans screaming. IMO, it just looked like a cool game. It won't be the same as Madden, but I am definitely going to check it out.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Originally posted by Mikey82
            Great post! I totally agree. I was a little surprised by Eb's comments myself. I'm a gamer. I love playing video games, the sports variety are the best. If Eb even clicked the damn link, he would have seen how cool the game looks. I mean, it sounds boring, but the more you think about it, it's fast paced, high scoring, it's indoors, live hitting, knocking the players over the wall, and of course the AFL atmosphere with the loud music blaring and fans screaming. IMO, it just looked like a cool game. It won't be the same as Madden, but I am definitely going to check it out.
            Dudes...it's ARENA football...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

I'm surprised this hasn't happened YEARS ago.

Comment

• jason700
                Zoner
                • Jun 2005

Ebenezer,

I've seen your pics in the photo gallery for Bills game. Ever hear of Rogaine? Or Jenny Craig? You are a fat POS.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jason700
                  Ebenezer,

I've seen your pics in the photo gallery for Bills game. Ever hear of Rogaine? Or Jenny Craig? You are a fat POS.
                  this isn't the smack zone, kiddo...personal slams out here get points...clean it up.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                    That's my point!

Comment

• That Guy
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                      I remember an Arena Football game was made for PS1 a bunch of years back... it was a lot like NFL Blitz. I know that EA Sports didn't make it though. I'll probably rent this one and at least try it out.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Dudes...it's ARENA football...

So because its something new, we should try it? If thats the case then games like Madden, NCAA, NHL, NBA would of never made it in the video game world. I dont know if you have an interest in arena football, but I have season tickets to the Force and saw them go all the way to the Arena Bowl last year. Just bc you have no interest you have no right to slam those that do.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• generalmills
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by That Guy
                          I remember an Arena Football game was made for PS1 a bunch of years back... it was a lot like NFL Blitz. I know that EA Sports didn't make it though. I'll probably rent this one and at least try it out.
                          I will be interested in it only if it is not like NFL Blitz as that clearly already exists. I would like to see a simulation style arena game. I think it would be fun to play the ball off the netting in the endzone and to hit people into the wall etc.... I think that this could be revolutionary in the video game industry as the Arena league has the fans right on the action therefore the game will have to do alot of development on the behavoir of fans in order to make the game look realistic. Sounds exciting!!

also eb: people also say that posting on a message board is a waste of time...and from what I can see, you and all the rest of us participate in such behavoir. Video games are the same thing: a leisure activity...different strokes for different folks. We all just chose to spend our time differently.

Comment

• Marvelous
                            • Feb 2004

Why would i wanna go to the gym instead of playing a sports game? Gamers must have this bad overweight, no wife, no friends label...
                            I would rather game then go to the gym anytime. And i do both.....
                            GO BILLS!!! NE
                            Magical Trevor

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by That Guy
                              Yea your right, I have it, It's called Kurt Wareners Arena football. Its exactly like NFL Blitz, just the arean version. Personally I think they should make a lacrosse game before the AFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X