PDA

View Full Version : Comeback Game

clumping platelets
12-24-2002, 10:30 PM
I set my alarm for 8:15pm so I could get something to eat and then sit down to watch the ESPN special of the Greatest Games. At 8:30, I turn on ESPN and the :angry: show isn't on. It did finally come on at 9:30pm but by then I had to get ready for work. Hopefully, they will play it again on ESPN or ESPN2 and not always on ESPNClassic (Adelphia does not provide it). I really wanted to see all of it.

clump :spanku:ESPN:chair: clump

TypicalBill
12-24-2002, 11:30 PM
i totally forgot about it, thanks for reminding me guys :hitself:

The_Philster
12-25-2002, 06:25 AM
It is supposed to re-air on ESPN2 late January sometime. If I can find out where I saw the listings of when it was on, I'll repost them.

The_Philster
12-25-2002, 06:27 AM
Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 3:30 p.m. (ET) on ESPN2

I think it was supposed to re-air again as well on ESPN2

Novacane
12-25-2002, 11:12 AM
I watched it last night! I did not remember that it was Jerry Gray who Andre was toasting for all his TD's!

Ebenezer
12-25-2002, 01:48 PM
I watched parts of it also...it was not a rebroadcast of the originals...it was a NFL-Films type presentation. I would have prefered a replay of the original. Thankfully, I have it on tape...just have never watched it.

Earthquake Enyart
12-26-2002, 09:10 AM
It sickens me to think that Gilbride and Grey (and wasn't that Eddie Robinson??) are now a part of our team. :puke:

That was a cool show. It was interesting to hear what all the players thought as the game was going on. I liked it when Jeffires fired on Gilbride for his ultra conservative playcalling at the end when the Oilers got a FG to tie. Shoulda gone for the win. All the players (both teams) knew that if the game went to OT, the Bills would win.

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2002, 09:17 AM
That was the first game I ever went to. I was about 12 or 13 at the time and it has been hard to top ever since.

BufBlue4ever60
12-26-2002, 09:30 AM
That game brought back memories for me. Other than wtaching the Bills play a fantastic game, I heard my dad swear for the first time during that game. I was 13, and after Houston made it 28-3, we turned it off. Then we turned it back on after the half, and houston was up 35-3, and the TV showed Thomas being looked at on the sideline, which is when my dad said Oh S***, Thurman is hurt! Another thing, wasnt Gregg Williams coaching with the Oilers too?

The_Philster
12-26-2002, 03:13 PM
Williams was the Quality Control coach for the Oilers that year. :chuckle: He didn't control the quality that well after half-time, did he? :D

I watch that game every year...to help me get psyched up for the season. :clap: