X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Todd Collins a solid backup??

check out Pasquarellis story on ESPN.com .....Todd Collins a solid back-up??? Did I miss something???? Trent Green says its good to have a safety net like him at backup..........what positive thing has he ever done for any football team????......If the Chiefs believe they have a safety net and a good backup, who would fill in nice in a pinch...they might want to see the film from when he was a bill...then re-evaluate their situation The only thing veteran about him is his age........Despite Holcombs record in Cleveland, i believe he is a very solid back-up....

• Jayhawk
    • Aug 2004

Re: Todd Collins a solid backup??

it's only if he's not allowed to play more than one snap every 5 years.
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Todd Collins is still in the NFL?
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

He holds a nice clipboard, and wears his Chiefs' baseball cap at the proper angle.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
          • May 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
          Todd Collins is still in the NFL?
          As much as we hate him here in Buffalo, he must be doing something right to hang with the Cheifs for so long. I mean, let's be honest...if he were as bad as he was in Buffalo, he would have been slinging burgers a long time ago. That being said....it just amazes me that the Cheifs, who are a pretty competitve franchise with a legitimate shot at the playoffs most years, would take the risk of knowing they are one hit away from Todd Collins being the man. hmmmmm
          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Bills 4 life
            • Oct 2004

He must have Dick Vermeil personalized knee pads.
            "No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills"

Buffalo Bills fans- "We're all we got"

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

I think the fact that Collins has hardly had to play is a big reason while he's still there. Let Trent Green go out for 4 games- the fans will be calling for Collins' head after one quarter.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I think the fact that Collins has hardly had to play is a big reason while he's still there. Let Trent Green go out for 4 games- the fans will be calling for Collins' head after one quarter.
                Those were my exact thoughts when I saw this article by Lenny P.

God give me style and give me grace
                God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                  As much as we hate him here in Buffalo, he must be doing something right to hang with the Cheifs for so long. I mean, let's be honest...if he were as bad as he was in Buffalo, he would have been slinging burgers a long time ago. That being said....it just amazes me that the Cheifs, who are a pretty competitve franchise with a legitimate shot at the playoffs most years, would take the risk of knowing they are one hit away from Todd Collins being the man. hmmmmm
                  You are so very right....Alot of people just think of him when he was a Bill and thats it.
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• generalmills
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                    You are so very right....Alot of people just think of him when he was a Bill and thats it.
                    exactly... just because he did not work out well here as a starter (btw he did come in after jim kelly which is not an easy thing to do in buffalo) does not mean that he is not capable of being a solid backup in KC.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                      • Apr 2005

I agree that following the almighty Jim Kelly is no easy task....but what game film are the Chiefs watching that make them confident?? He hasnt took a snap in years, and my question is, what has he done since leaving the bills that would show anyone (the Chiefs) that he is capable of stepping into games and doing a good job?? Scary thought for Chiefs fans, Trent Green better stay healthy!

Comment

• chevyjayce
                        • Feb 2005

KC thinks that he is a good back up, but when you think about it, the only time that they really see TC is during pratice, which I think most QB’s would look pretty good considering KC “D”!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                          • Mar 2003

I'd like to see Green injured for a few games, then see what they think.
                          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Mudflap1
                            Next Question!
                            • Nov 2004

When Collins was a backup to Kelly, and had to play, he was fine. He struggled mightily (basically, he sucked big time) when he started, but he was also a young pup. I think in a limited role, he'd be adequate with the Chiefs. He is what he is, an adequate veteran backup.

Jon

Comment

• AndreReed83
                              Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                              • Mar 2004

My first ever Bills game was the Bills vs. the Chiefs the first season Todd Collins was the starter. Collins had 1st and goal near the very end of the game and the Bills needed a touchdown to win. Needless to say, Collins didn't get it done. IMO, Collins sucks.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                              "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

Working...
                              X