PDA

View Full Version : Skins are interested in Price bigtime!

Xfactor
12-25-2002, 11:34 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A34981-2002Dec24.html

"The Washington Redskins seem intent upon signing a top wide receiver via free agency in the coming offseason, and an early candidate has emerged. The representative for Buffalo Bills standout Peerless Price said that if Price is on the market, as expected, he would regard the Redskins as a leading contender to sign him because of Coach Steve Spurrier's reliance on the passing game. ..."

ArcticWildMan
12-25-2002, 11:42 AM
Poor Peerless....I pity him if he goes to Washington!

Mr. Miyagi
12-25-2002, 11:46 AM
Maybe we can get a one-for-one even trade with them...send over LaVar Arrington!

...maybe not.

Novacane
12-25-2002, 12:02 PM
IF he goes to Wash he will be lucky to put up the same #'s he did here. Will be playing with a new QB every 3rd game.

ArcticWildMan
12-25-2002, 12:05 PM
Spurrier's offense is a perfect fit for Peerless...he'll get lots of action, but like Bledsoe says, he'll have a new QB every third game or so that he'll have to figure out :D

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-25-2002, 12:09 PM
The Redskins will eventually settle on Patrick Ramsey at least for next season barring any drastic QB changes which probably won't happen.

I think most of this QB switching that went on is because they didn't want Ramsey to get 50% of the snaps or he would've been due an incentive bonus for the year.

The same thing is kinda happening with the Bungles. If Kitna plays in 61 plays on Sunday he gets almost 2 million dollars in incentives. Look for him to probably be pulled if they are approaching that number

Ð
12-25-2002, 05:19 PM
Pack of Rameses ?

RedEyE
12-25-2002, 05:36 PM
I say if Price won't sign, tag him. Then let these teams start courting the Bills front office rather then Price's agent.

lunatic_bills_fan
12-25-2002, 11:11 PM
I thought the Skins had some pretty serious cap issues, signing Price definitely wotn help that.

justasportsfan
12-26-2002, 07:17 AM
Send Price there and bring back Bruce!!!!!

DraftBoy
12-26-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by lunatic_bills_fan
I thought the Skins had some pretty serious cap issues, signing Price definitely wotn help that.

I was also under the impression that they had cap problems, but look at the source. It comes from the Washington Post not neccesairly the most accurate football news indicator. But I also agree with Red, if he wont sign tag him, but I still try our hardest to sign him. If he goes to Washington Im willing to bet all my ZB's he has just as good if not a better season there, will SPurrier's gun happy offense.

JefftheBillsfan
12-26-2002, 09:32 AM
I always thought PP would be a great fit in SL. I say save the $$$ and lets go get ourselves a top 10 defense next year with our power running game still in tact. Then we can go for the kill on a few deep play action plays w/Bledsoe's strong arm.

mannyfresh
12-26-2002, 01:41 PM
i have a question, imo david boston will be cheaper than price, why not sign boston?

don137
12-26-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by mannyfresh
i have a question, imo david boston will be cheaper than price, why not sign boston?

Boston is expected to be franchised by Arizona

mannyfresh
12-26-2002, 02:00 PM
does he want to stay there?

DraftBoy
12-26-2002, 02:04 PM
Doesnt matter, they can franchise him anyways

mannyfresh
12-26-2002, 02:20 PM
hmmmm.....maybe they will just let him walk...like he wants too, plus i dont see whats wrong with giving arizona a 2004 firts rounder anyway, we wont be need firts rounders until 2006 ,imo.

Dozerdog
12-26-2002, 02:50 PM
Ramsey and possibly Rex Grossman if he comes out will be the skins QBs. Rex's numbers collapsed this season and my guess is he will declare (he's a Junior ) instead of Risking another poor season in College.

His stock fell off big time with a lot of clubs who think he can't do much without Spurrier. I can see the Skins going with Rex with a pick from the 4th through 7 th rounds.

DraftBoy
12-26-2002, 02:53 PM
Grossman is projected as a 3rd-5th rounder.

Typ0
12-26-2002, 07:43 PM
We're giving Arizona a first round pick for David Boston now? Is that a joke?

SABURZFAN
12-27-2002, 06:00 AM
snyder can have him.if he doesn't overpay for him,i'm sure buthole will try to find a way in san diego.

Historian
12-27-2002, 07:31 AM
...let him walk. He had a good year, NOT a great one. His trash talking and his personal fouls actually cost the Bills on several occasions this year. He isn't the character guy that Moulds is. Let him walk and move Reed to the #2 WR position.

Knowing Donahoe's reputation, that's probably what he had in mind all along.

Earthquake Enyart
12-27-2002, 07:35 AM
It's silly to tag Price when we need so much help elsewhere. I agree with Billology, that that's what they brought Reed here for. And Charles Johnson too.

boco357
12-27-2002, 08:47 AM
hopefully will drop a big third down pass here next year when we play the foreskins

TedMock
12-27-2002, 09:28 AM
I like Price but the Bills don't need him. Reed would be a very adequate 2nd receiver but he's not the speedster Price is. Reed catches better but they'd have to bring in a burner from somewhere to spread the field on occasion. Not a big time guy, just a fast guy ie. Don Beebe, Alvin Harper type. catch 40-50 balls a year but average around 19 yards per. That would allow Reed and Moulds to do even more damage and open things up for Henry.

Cntrygal
12-27-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Billsology
...let him walk. He had a good year, NOT a great one. His trash talking and his personal fouls actually cost the Bills on several occasions this year. He isn't the character guy that Moulds is. Let him walk and move Reed to the #2 WR position.

Knowing Donahoe's reputation, that's probably what he had in mind all along.

good post... I agree!

Welcome to the zone! :)

Voltron
12-27-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
It's silly to tag Price when we need so much help elsewhere. I agree with Billology, that that's what they brought Reed here for. And Charles Johnson too.

AMEN BROTHA!

I agree Tagging prioce is one of the dumbest Ideas I have heard yet. That would mean we might end up paying more for him that Moulds! He is not worth it and we should let him walk.

Price will not get more money than Boston will. Boston is a proven #1 rec. Price is a #2 with aspirations of being #1.