PDA

View Full Version : Where will Henry end up?

TypicalBill
07-11-2005, 03:04 PM
we know trade talks have heated up recently, where do you think he'll end up?

Mr. Miyagi
07-11-2005, 03:07 PM
I still think the Jags need him the most, and will pay the most for him.

Gunzlingr
07-11-2005, 03:19 PM
other. Welfare line?

Shasta McNasty
07-11-2005, 03:25 PM
I vote Jax. Tenn does have C. Brown and decent backups. Sea IMO is playing games to get Alexander to sign. Jax needs TH most if Taylor's knee is as bad as some are reporting.

tampabay25690
07-11-2005, 11:38 PM
I still think the Jags need him the most, and will pay the most for him.

This is the 1st time i will agree with you.....

DraftBoy
07-11-2005, 11:49 PM
Who cares as long as he's gone

FlyingDutchman
07-12-2005, 12:30 AM
If we end up getting a second rounder, TD will look like a freakin genius considering what Corey Dillon went to NE for, plus with the FA situation the way it is this year...even just a 3rd rounder what be damn nice!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-12-2005, 07:40 AM
I guess I am the only one who would much rather have a player than a 3rd round draft pick. I am just not all that confident that we have the ability to make a solid choice in the draft. We have not really been all that successful in the draft under the current regime, other than McGahee and Evans, so I am not too high on trading a proven back for an unknown. Well, maybe I am just dreaming, because as I look at the rosters for the Jags and Titans, I see very few realistic trade options. WIth the Seahawks, there is more potential, particularly on defense, but I don't think we need anything but a DT, and we already have youth there.

mysticsoto
07-12-2005, 07:48 AM
I guess I am the only one who would much rather have a player than a 3rd round draft pick. I am just not all that confident that we have the ability to make a solid choice in the draft. We have not really been all that successful in the draft under the current regime, other than McGahee and Evans, so I am not too high on trading a proven back for an unknown. Well, maybe I am just dreaming, because as I look at the rosters for the Jags and Titans, I see very few realistic trade options. WIth the Seahawks, there is more potential, particularly on defense, but I don't think we need anything but a DT, and we already have youth there.

What other players would you target?

HHURRICANE
07-12-2005, 08:53 AM
I really thought Henry was going to Tenn. The owner really wanted him. But they are not as desparate as Jax and I believe, based on the surgery, that Fred Taylor is still months away from a full recovery. They would be stupid not to sign Henry.

ExWNYer
07-12-2005, 11:32 AM
For no particular reason - just a hunch - I think it will be Tennessee.

RetroRaiders81
07-12-2005, 11:36 AM
I doubt it will be Tennessee, they have Chris Brown, and Jarret Payton.

Bulldog
07-12-2005, 11:39 AM
I doubt it will be Tennessee, they have Chris Brown, and Jarret Payton.

Brown is hurt all the time and the only good thing about Payton is his last name. I don't think Tennessee would have made contact with Buffalo if they didn't have some concerns with their depth at RB.

HHURRICANE
07-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Brown is hurt all the time and the only good thing about Payton is his last name. I don't think Tennessee would have made contact with Buffalo if they didn't have some concerns with their depth at RB.
Good post.

Italian Stallion
07-12-2005, 11:48 AM
I dont want him on Jax for a measly draft pick....regardless of the round.

Does everyone here fail to realize that Jax is one of the teams we will be competing with for a playoff spot??? Why send Henry there, if only for a pick NEXT YEAR, to help strengthen a playoff caliber team?? Say what you want about him and his skill, but the dude will be pissed off and determined to prove his worth.

No way i even entertain the thought of trading him there if im the GM, unless they wanted to give up an o-lineman or some other player of equal value to the BILLS, draft pick my ass.

Some of you guys are too into draft picks...let's be concerned about now, the UPCOMING SEASON and the effects trading Henry to Jax might have on our playoff chances....

Italian Stallion
07-12-2005, 11:52 AM
That said, i want him to go to Seattle, but i think he will end up in Jax because they will offer up a cond. 2nd round, and TD will take it to confirm why he waited for so long.

They arn't stupid, what do they care if they give up a 2nd rounder to the Bills? They plan on it being low in the round anyway.

Draft picks mean nothing this time of year... It's not like were missing a pick in the 2006 draft, nor do we have gaping holes that require us to stockpile picks.

HHURRICANE
07-12-2005, 11:59 AM
That said, i want him to go to Seattle, but i think he will end up in Jax because they will offer up a cond. 2nd round, and TD will take it to confirm why he waited for so long.

They arn't stupid, what do they care if they give up a 2nd rounder to the Bills? They plan on it being low in the round anyway.

Draft picks mean nothing this time of year... It's not like were missing a pick in the 2006 draft, nor do we have gaping holes that require us to stockpile picks.
Two second rounders might get us a first. Jacksonville doesn't scare me that much. This is a team that we had beat last year, and blew it, with Taylor in their backfield. Both teams are just as competitive. Taylor healthy is better than Henry.

capitolneal
07-12-2005, 12:22 PM
other: Hell I don't know where but some team unexpected will snag him up 2 weeks after training camp starts for a 3rd

McGahee420
07-12-2005, 01:33 PM
:blowup: I think Henry will end up in Jax. Lets hope that seattle makes a solid run at him, therefore maybe the Jags will give up more for him. TD is looking like a genius now and hopefully we can get that 2nd rounder after all.

GO BILLS!!

McGahee is the 2005-2006 MVP

I BILLIEVE

Smoke dank nuggets, they dont make you as sleepy :)

Ed
07-12-2005, 01:53 PM
What good is a player if he's not going to play? Henry's made it clear he's not playing for Buffalo ever again. If we hang on to him he'll just sit out until he has to show up for the minimum 4 games or whatever to fulfill his contractual obligations and then be a FA after this season. Let's face it, Henry is never going to contribute on the field for this team again, even if we hold on to him. I'd much rather have a 3rd or possible 2nd round pick for a back-up RB that refuses to show up.

TypicalBill
07-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Looks like the Titans