PDA

View Full Version : Authentic VS. Replica

Tatonka
08-05-2002, 11:12 PM
i am seriously considering buying my first ever bills jersey.. i dont wear alot of nfl gear.. i have a couple very plain hats.. grey, tan ect.. and a couple tshirts.. very basic ones.. i am not a flashy guy.. but for some reason.. i really want a new jersey...

i am thinking of buying 2 replicas.. a home moulds and away bledsoe.. but i am worried about the quality compaired to an authentic jersey.. i dont want to spend the jack on a cheap looking item.. i will just save and get a home henry if i have to..

can someone tell me the differences between the Auth and Replicas? are the replicas that bad? are the authentic ones that nice?

thanks guys.

JefftheBillsfan
08-05-2002, 11:13 PM
go with a replica man...its the best value IMO

JJamezz
08-05-2002, 11:19 PM
The replicas are great - lighter, more comfortable, not to mention CHEAP... Sure they're not as durable, but unless you're gonna actually play football in it...

Sabre Ally
08-05-2002, 11:21 PM
OMG you just read my mind Jjamezz, I was going to say the same thing. :lol:

Tatonka
08-05-2002, 11:26 PM
are the numbers sewn on and what not? what is the difference i mean? where do they get the extra 180 dollar charge from?

i guess i am just looking for a description of the two.. i just never seen one before, except the cheap ass one with the rough material and iron on numbers.. but this was a way old one.

JJamezz
08-06-2002, 12:33 AM
Authentics use thicker material (doubled up on the shoulders), whatever the numbers are made of is thicker (some type of plastic that is silkscreened on), the name plate is really a separately sewn on panel, stitching is better, there's a spandex-like strip down each side...

Replicas use much thinner material, thinner numbers, 'faux' name plate, less durable stitching, no strip down side...

Like I said, the replicas are much more comfortable - at least partially because they weigh probably 1/3-1/2 of an authentic - plus the authentics feel 'stiff' when you wear them, whereas a replica feels almost like a big t-shirt.

Quizlet2002
08-06-2002, 01:00 AM
are all of you stupid (sorry mods)- I have gone through 7 replicas (3 moulds, 2 Kellys, and 2 Clements) in the last 26 months. On the other hand I have had a Broncos authentic jersey and a bills thomas jersey for 2 years without ANY wear or tear

the replicas are cheaper---why do you think they are?? Guaranteeed letters peal in 7 weeks with wash

Sabre Ally
08-06-2002, 01:05 AM
how many times in 7 weeks are you washing them?

lordofgun
08-06-2002, 01:07 AM
If we're stupid for talking about buying replicas, what does owning 7 make you?

Sabre Ally
08-06-2002, 01:07 AM
:hail: log

Michael82
08-06-2002, 02:30 AM
Actually, I just saw the jerseys in camp. The Authentics are by far the best that they have ever been! I'm probably going to buy an Authentic Bledsoe home jersey sometime this year. The NEW Authentics have sewn on patch numbers, letters and look really classy. The sleeves are a nice material that doesnt wear and tear like the old ones. The jersey material is nicer too and stretches easier if u want. The huge difference is the numbers. The numbers look really sharp and are like all the other teams, finally. The numbers are two or three patches on top of eachother in different colors and the name on the back is in layers too!

Sabre Ally
08-06-2002, 02:32 AM
How much do they pay you at Wegman's Mikey? Maybe I should apply there if you're buying authentic jerseys with your wages. LOL

Ebenezer
08-06-2002, 07:36 AM
I don't/won't own any jerseys. I have my hat and golf shirt...I'm set.

Pride
08-06-2002, 08:18 AM
LOL LOG!!!!!! Good one!

LtBillsFan66
08-06-2002, 08:22 AM
I went with a few replicas. They wash well if YOU DON'T PUT THEM IN THE DRYER! They don't take long to air dry.

I agree with Mike. The authentics are sweet (embroidered #'s and names). But they are also expensive. You can get 4 replicas for the price of one authentic.

These replicas feel like a little better material than the ones I had before.

JefftheBillsfan
08-06-2002, 08:40 AM
geeshhh....and i thought 1 replica was expensive. Seriously, go with replica.

Gunzlingr
08-06-2002, 10:15 AM
These replicas are far superior to any I have owned in the past. now if I can get it back from bb.com.....

Tatonka
08-06-2002, 10:25 AM
did you say that the replica come jerseys DONT have the red stripe down the side of the ribs under the arms?? if so, that is gay

LtBillsFan66
08-06-2002, 10:32 AM
They DO have the red stripe. The only difference is the quality. ie better material and sewn on numbers and letters.

Quizlet2002
08-06-2002, 10:40 AM
LOG- you learn from your mistakes-

Tatonka
08-06-2002, 11:25 AM
ok fine.. i will go with the replica first.. then if it sucks.. i will save for the damn authenic one..

great.. now home or away.. and who.. /sigh

other than bb.com.. is there anywhere else i should look to buy them?

bduff54
08-06-2002, 11:26 AM
go with away they are awesome. i still can't one because they arent' available in canada yet!

Tatonka
08-06-2002, 11:32 AM
see, i really am thinking that the home replica would look better.. i think that the aways would really be the authentic to buy, so the numbers stand out, ect..