The_Philster
07-11-2005, 05:37 PM
All I've heard is the Afinogenov thing myself :idunno:

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2005, 05:41 PM
What about Connelly?

The_Philster
07-11-2005, 05:44 PM
What about Connelly?I just told you All I've heard is the Afinogenov thing!! :mad:

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2005, 05:51 PM
I am not asking you phil. You probably don't even like hockey...

The_Philster
07-11-2005, 05:54 PM
I am not asking you phil. You probably don't even like hockey...:mad: Do too!!
actually, I can watch hockey so long as I have a rooting interest (the Sabres)...the NFL is the only sport I can watch regardless of whether or not my team is playing

and for your info, I was at the home opener the year after the league ripped us off in the finals against the Stars :fury:

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2005, 06:13 PM
I was at the actual game.

The_Philster
07-11-2005, 07:10 PM
I was at the actual game.helmetguy and I were at a going away party for our buddy who later moved to Oregon..fun night...except for that final part of the game :grind:
That season was the first time I'd ever been to a hockey game...back in December, some place was selling a sports weekend package...tickets to the Bills-Jets game and tix to the Sabres-Canes game that night...we obviously already had the Bills tix but got the Sabres tix to go along with them

chubluv
07-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Good topic. I never even thought that some of the players wouldnt come back. Maxim better come back to us if some of the rule changes they talked about happen he should have more room to operate.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-12-2005, 08:09 AM
This is what I think:

1. The NHL/NHLPA will need to decide if last year counted towards contracts. That will be a huge factor on who will be a RFA this year. I don't think the age (32) of UFAs will change so there isn't anyone that fits that mold.

2. Zhitnik was a UFA last season so I wouldn't expect him back.

3. I don't think you can really know what will happen with the rosters. There is going to be some major player movement this year.

4. The Sabres are in great shape. They have a good young team, pretty much a full squad, and they will be within the cap range and could possibly sign a good or even a great player.

5. Afinegenov is contimplating staying in Russia because the Russian leagues are starting to be able to pay the Russian players. I think you will see more than a handful of Russian players play at home.

6. Tallinder was in legal trouble but the charges were dropped.

lordofgun
07-12-2005, 01:36 PM
I was at the actual game.
I was at the fog game at the aud.

Earthquake Enyart
07-12-2005, 01:58 PM
:mad:

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2005, 05:28 PM
What were you floating around in your dad's ball sack? :idunno:

SabreEleven
07-12-2005, 08:46 PM
I want to find out what the draft order is.

buffalofan19
07-13-2005, 12:33 AM
5. Afinegenov is contimplating staying in Russia because the Russian leagues are starting to be able to pay the Russian players. I think you will see more than a handful of Russian players play at home.

I think it all depends as to whether the contracts for 04-05 are counted or not despite the lockout. If they are counted, he becomes a restricted Free Agent and would decide to stay in Russia instead of looking for another NHL deal. If the contracts are not counted in 04-05, Maxim Afinogenov will still have one more year in his deal with the Sabres, and would therefore probably remain in Buffalo for at least another year.