X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheWingHead
    • Sep 2003

Clarrett

Ok, my friend (who knows nothing about football) says Clarrett will be the next big thing. I highly disagreed but not knowing much about him execpt that he is a whiner did not have enough information to back this up.. Will he be the next big thing or will we never hear his name again?
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: Clarrett

Originally posted by TheWingHead
    Ok, my friend (who knows nothing about football) says Clarrett will be the next big thing. I highly disagreed but not knowing much about him execpt that he is a whiner did not have enough information to back this up.. Will he be the next big thing or will we never hear his name again?
    I actually think he lucked out in going to Denver. Denver's system caters to RBs and I think he will do well there.

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

I think he can do well in Denver too. If everyone else they've ever had can, why not Clarrett. I'm still surprised they took him in the 3rd round though. They most likely could have gotten him in the 5th.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
        • Apr 2005

Being in Denver definately gave him the best opportunity to do well. I still think hes to small and slow. The NFL linebackers will eat him up......he wont be able to bust it outstide like he did in college. I also think taking a couple of years off will definatley have an effect.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

he's gonna get his ass kicked- the guy just doesn't have the brains or the devotion.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

If Reuben Droughns can get 1000 yards in Denver, I guess Clarrett can, too. But that's one of the few places he could prosper.
            Last edited by Jan Reimers; 07-13-2005, 12:28 PM.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ryjam282
              Offical Billszone Starting QB
              • Mar 2003

I agree with everyone else. If he has any shot, it will be in Denver. But, I think he will buried so far down the depth chart to actually have a really good chance. I mean, he will be behind, starter Tatum Bell, backup Anderson or Q-Griff and 3rd stringer will be the other of those 2 and then Clarrett. Unless injuries wipe them out, I don't see him contributin a lot for a few years but he has the potential with that system.

I think the time off, and his durability issues will definitely hurt him though. But, one thing he has going for him is his catching ability. He does that very well so he may get some 3rd down opportunities.

Ryan Withey
              Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Philisophical Troll
                Take my dating advice, it worked for me on my sister :up:
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by TheWingHead
                Clarett is a solid prospect hailing from THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY! The same school that destroyed Mcgimpknee and the Hurricanes to win the 02' National Championship. I fully expect Clarrett to have success in the NFL. Especially given Mike Shanahan and the Broncos reputation of developing running backs and offensive lines. Clarett might be a steal, and IMO will be a better pro than Mcgimpknee when its all said and done.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

Whatever. I hope you're getting off on your flaming. I'd hate to think you were completely wasting your time.

Have fun watching Bledsoe stink it up.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Philisophical Troll
                    Clarett is a solid prospect hailing from THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY! The same school that destroyed Mcgimpknee and the Hurricanes to win the 02' National Championship. I fully expect Clarrett to have success in the NFL. Especially given Mike Shanahan and the Broncos reputation of developing running backs and offensive lines. Clarett might be a steal, and IMO will be a better pro than Mcgimpknee when its all said and done.
                    I should have known you were an Ohio State fan from your lapses in spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization and - most of all - logic and understanding. Go Bunkeys, or Bokeyes, or Bickeyes or whatever rotten nut your school is named after.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

I think he will be a solid backup someday. Dont see him as starting calibur.......ever.
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                        • Jan 2004

I think it'd be hilarious if he fails in Denver. That would make him the biggest bust in league history, right next to Ryan Leaf, esp after all the stock so many people have put into this guy.

He's an overrated RB playing in a RB system that makes nobody's look good. If he's half as good as he used to be he should be fine... but if he fails it would ruin his life/career.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ed
                          I think he can do well in Denver too. If everyone else they've ever had can, why not Clarrett. I'm still surprised they took him in the 3rd round though. They most likely could have gotten him in the 5th.
                          The word came out after the draft that Parcells was about to take him in round 4....

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jfreeman
                            I think it'd be hilarious if he fails in Denver. That would make him the biggest bust in league history, right next to Ryan Leaf, esp after all the stock so many people have put into this guy.

He's an overrated RB playing in a RB system that makes nobody's look good. If he's half as good as he used to be he should be fine... but if he fails it would ruin his life/career.
                            DUDE! you want think it would be hilarious if it ruined his LIFE? you never even met the guy. little harsh no?

and it wouldn't make him a bigger bust than Leaf... he's a late 3rd round pick with a lot of hype. If he fails it won't be quite as historical.

Comment

• LVGrown
                              Vegas Growed
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philisophical Troll
                              I dont see how adding Drew Bledsoe to the boys gets them 12 wins ... someone's been up all night smokin crack. I am also willing to bet ANYTHING that Clarett won't even come close to doing what Willis will do, even behind that Denver O-line.

Comment

Working...
                              X