PDA

View Full Version : Most useless player this season....

RedEyE
12-25-2002, 09:05 PM
If your were evaluating each player in the off-season, who are your top 5 candidates to be cut?

My nominees:

1) Charlie Rogers ~ This non-return man continues to dissappoint and is just taking up space on the roster. I think that Curtis Alexander or even Joe Burns could have been a more effective return man for the Bills, and the fans may even have had an opportunity to see what Alexander can do if given an opportunity behind the line of scrimmage. BTW, what the hell has Gilbride been doing with Larry Centers this season. Rogers is dead weight and my first choice to be placed under the TD axe.

2) Billy Jenkins ~ Money sponge. His knowledge of the game obviously out weighs his level of play. Jenkins, beaten out for the SS position by a rookie before the season even began, may even be Tom's first choice. In fact, the only reason that he is still here today is position insurance. Coaches were initially concerned that Coy might collapse. Guess what? Bye Bye Billy.

3) Eddie Robinson ~ The tackle totals were there this season, but what about that recorded sack ~ zilch, zip, nadda, nil, nothing. Sorry that blows for an OLB. Defensive scheme is partly to blame, but it's basically the same D that Williams implemented between 1998-2001 when Eddie had a total of 24.5 sacks in Tenn. He should know the D by now. Newman may have only recorded 33 tackles, but he played less (?) and his sack total was at 3. Fact is Newman can find his way to the QB and deserves an opportunity to prove himself (like he has the last two seasons). Later Eddie, Hello Newman!

*TIE 4)
Chris Watson: Picked on and destroyed all season long. 6th round rookie Kevin Thomas plays one game against the Green Bay Packers and shows Watson how it's done. Chris may remain as a backup and play special teams, but I don't think anyone would be suprised if Watson gets cut short of a long prosperous career in Buffalo. Elementary my dear Watson, your out on your ear.

Jay Riemersma: I question Gilbrides play calling this season and TD has hinted to the fact that he was not pleased with a few calls either. Therefore JR still has an opportunity to remain in Buffalo if the Bills decide to use him next season. JRs future with Buffalo depends largely on what changes are made to the coaching staff in the off-season. And if TD does decide to keep him, Jay's stone hands need to be addressed. I cringed every time the ball was thrown Jay's way this season. He catches as if he has a brick tied around each hand. In all, JR could be a positive weapon, but seeing as how his cap$$ continue to plague TD in the front office, JR is a high candidate for deletion. I expect Jay to be cut late before he drastically effects next seasons cap, yet a trade seems more feesible for both parties. Finally an answer to the age ol' question: TD shot JR (out of Buffalo).

shelby
12-25-2002, 09:20 PM
i would have to go with Watson. Very disappointing.
:shakeno:

RedEyE
12-25-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by shelby
i would have to go with Watson. Very disappointing.
:shakeno:

I hope the door hits him the arse and the Dullfelons pick him up!

shelby
12-25-2002, 09:42 PM
:lmao: BAMF!!!

Earthquake Enyart
12-26-2002, 08:51 AM
1. Eddie Robinson
2. Eddie Robinson
3. Eddie Robinson
4. Eddie Robinson
5. Eddie Robinson

TypicalBill
12-26-2002, 08:54 AM
Charlie Rogers / Chris Watson

DraftBoy
12-26-2002, 09:24 AM
1. Chris Watson
2. Eddie Robinson
3. Jay Rimersma
4. AVP

Akhippo
12-26-2002, 01:02 PM
1. C. Johnson
2. D Moore
3. B Jenkins
4. Chris (how do you play DB again) Watson

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2002, 01:22 PM
1)watson
2)robinson
3)riemersma
4)Jenkins

fabolouspaul
12-26-2002, 01:34 PM
I remember when Chris Watson intercepted that long hail mary pass against the lions to end the half, he actually wanted to keep that football. I guess it must be a HUGE accomplishment for him! Get him the HELL outta Buffalo!!!!! :madcurse: :rocket:

Dozerdog
12-26-2002, 02:57 PM
At least all those mentioned above made the field. They may have stunk, but they contributed.

Charles Johnson.

Did he even play Special Teams??

RedEyE
12-26-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
At least all those mentioned above made the field. They may have stunk, but they contributed.

Charles Johnson.

Good question Dozer - Charles Jophnson was a waste of space

shelby
12-26-2002, 03:23 PM
The Bills have a bad track record with players named Johnson.
;)

Earthquake Enyart
12-26-2002, 03:37 PM
You of all people should know that a good Johnson is hard to find.

SABURZFAN
12-26-2002, 06:17 PM
watson

shelby
12-26-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

:gag:

:lol:

Earthquake Enyart
12-27-2002, 06:22 AM
And that a hard Johnson is good to find....

Historian
12-27-2002, 07:34 AM
Robinson. The Whif on Pennington was enough proof for me that his career is over.

Voltron
12-27-2002, 12:37 PM
I have to go with a tie between Watson and Rogers. We got rid of a player that had a way better year this year for Rogers and he stunk up the league. Of corse it was one of the leagues worst ST groups. Watson ... I have nothing to say that has not been said. Good ridence.

I think we need to find some player that stocked grocery shelves or used to deliver beer. Those diamond in the rough types seem to do well in this league :)

clumping platelets
12-27-2002, 01:21 PM
Chris Watson

Do we really need to vote?

BFBills
12-27-2002, 01:28 PM
watson wasn't expected to be good.
it is asking the most disipointing player not the worst.
most disipointing is E.Robbinson

BFBills
12-27-2002, 01:34 PM
ohhh it says ussless...my bad

Dozerdog
12-27-2002, 01:34 PM
You asked for Useless player.

not dissapointing .

doug45
12-27-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
1. Chris Watson
2. Eddie Robinson
3. Jay Rimersma
4. AVP

AVP??? How can you be bad if you never got in a game??

Earthquake Enyart
12-27-2002, 01:42 PM
If you don't even play, you must, by definition, be useless.

doug45
12-27-2002, 02:18 PM
Than are all back-up QB's the same?

Earthquake Enyart
12-27-2002, 02:29 PM
All the ones who never play are the same.

Can you even name the backups in Green Bay, Oakland, SF, and NE?

don137
12-27-2002, 02:37 PM
And that a hard Johnson is good to find....

I can you I am not looking for a good Johnson.

Rogers gets my vote. The Bills have a hand full of people that could of done better at returning kicks.
I would of liked to seen Price and Clements returning kicks in certain situations instead of relying on Rogers. He sucked.

THATHURMANATOR
12-27-2002, 02:55 PM
I don't have a problem with rodgers. It doesn't seem to me that he gets much blocking...

Mad Bomber
12-27-2002, 07:33 PM

Don't you mean that a hard Johnson is good to find???

My votes for the suckiest Bills are...
Watson
Robinson

Judge
12-29-2002, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Charles Johnson.

Yes- and if you watched the games you'd know he made some big hits on special teams, too.

I think CJ is a valuable guy to keep- NFL vet minimum salary I believe, has solid experience to be a backup WR, and plays tough on special teams.

Judge
12-29-2002, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by BFBills
watson wasn't expected to be good.
it is asking the most disipointing player not the worst.
most disipointing is E.Robbinson

Exactly BF.

I think the most disappointing has to be Robinson, with Billy Jenkins close. Both were expected to be important to the rehab of the Bills D, but neither did much of anything.

ublinkwescore
12-29-2002, 10:49 AM
Marcus Tuiasosopo is the back up in Oakland.

In San Fran I have no idea.

Green Bay, isn't it that one white dude?