PDA

View Full Version : RJ to start for Bucs if Brad Johnson can't

shelby
12-26-2002, 06:56 AM
http://sports.tbo.com/sports/MGAUH1R26AD.html

Evidently Gruden feels he has a better shot with RJ than Shaun King. Bad news for Bucs fans....Brad Johnson's injury may leave him sitting out the postseason as well.

``We just think right now, Rob gives us the best chance to win and for that reason, we'll go with Rob,'' Gruden said. ``We still like Shaun King, but we thought Rob moved our team in the game the other night.''

``I'm just happy to be in the mix again,'' said Rob Johnson, who drove the Bucs into the red zone twice, completing 12 of 18 passes for 159 yards and a touchdown. ``I got an opportunity early in the year and we got a win. That's all we're hoping for this week. It's going to be cold and it really doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad to get another start.''

The_Philster
12-26-2002, 03:05 PM
:lol:

shelby
12-26-2002, 03:22 PM
Poor Chucky..no superbowl for him this year....
:wail:

Earthquake Enyart
12-26-2002, 03:39 PM
SACK!!!! FUMBLE!!!!!

Scott
12-26-2002, 03:44 PM
RJ is the man, Gruden knows.
King is overrated.

shelby
12-26-2002, 03:46 PM
i agree about King, Scott, but do you feel comfortable having RJ lead the Bucs through the playoffs???
:eek:

RedEyE
12-26-2002, 04:05 PM
Last Monday night - didn't ABC post a stat the looked something like this:

Rob Johnson is sacked once every six snaps.

Infact, I think that he was sacked by the Steelers 5x in less then 20 minutes of football that same night. Rob has all of the atheletic ability, but lacks in passing judgement. IMO the Bucs are in trouble if they start Rob, but I have to agree with Gruden, when the team is without Brad J., Rob has a better opportunity to win then Shaun King.

shelby
12-26-2002, 04:08 PM
i agree, BAMF, but without Brad Johnson the Bucs aren't going to go too far in the playoffs. Even with their monster D, their O struggles badly enough with Brad playing....and RJ still can't read the D worth a :angry:.

WG
12-27-2002, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
SACK!!!! FUMBLE!!!!!

You're having flashbacks to the Green Bay game last Sunday EE!

Wake up..., come on man...., wake up! You're having a nightmare!

:D

WG
12-27-2002, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Last Monday night - didn't ABC post a stat the looked something like this:

Rob Johnson is sacked once every six snaps.

Infact, I think that he was sacked by the Steelers 5x in less then 20 minutes of football that same night. Rob has all of the atheletic ability, but lacks in passing judgement. IMO the Bucs are in trouble if they start Rob, but I have to agree with Gruden, when the team is without Brad J., Rob has a better opportunity to win then Shaun King.

I will say this RE,

At least Rob's sacks didn't happen at the most inopportune moments. Bledsoe's, most of them, seem to happen at the worst times like just about every on in the Green Bay game. For a vet of his experience to take those, I just don't think it speaks that much more for Drew sack-wise.

Also, apart from those bumbling sacks and the propensity to enjoy running headlong into LBs that are 40 lbs. heavier, twice as mean, and moving w/ a full head of steam, RJ didn't throw too many INTs. Certainly not many key ones anyway.

I realize that this is like talking to the parents of a rape victim for permission for a parole, but just thought I'd toss that in there.