• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

WITH HOCKEY COMING BACK....

who will go to see the games?

i sure as hell can't wait for the West Coast trip.i'll be taking vacation time to see my boys again.

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.
  • chubluv
    BillsZone bowling team MVP
    • Jan 2003

Re: WITH HOCKEY COMING BACK....

I'm in I cant wait to go to HSBC to watch them.

WGR55 is playing sabre highlites when they come back from a break. Its got me pumped up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They keep playing the horn randomly during the show !!!!! Its great.
    Last edited by chubluv; 07-14-2005, 08:19 AM.

We are in 5th place
    Clump is on the IR
    Chubluv average is 167
    Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
    Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• SkateZilla
      • Dec 2002

I'll be Up in Niagra Falls mid to late august, maybe i'll catch some practices and stuff...
      Skate Zilla
      -----------------------
      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

I plan on going to all the Sabres games at the Garden and Nassau Colliseum, and maybe a few at HSBC if I ever make it up that way for something other than Bills games.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

I'm thinking about going to HSBC arena and checking out my first ever Sabres game.

Comment

• SkateZilla
            • Dec 2002

i need a practice schedule....
            Skate Zilla
            -----------------------
            Skate Zilla HD Studios:
            SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• generalmills
              • Sep 2003

I like to go and see them when the Leafs are in town. There is nothing better than showing off my Hasek numbered jersey with the name plate "Leafs Suck".. it always gets a laugh from the good guys! I can't wait!!

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                i sure as hell can't wait for the West Coast trip.i'll be taking vacation time to see my boys again.
                Amen. I'm hoping they just use the same schedule they had teased for the cancelled year, so I can make trips up and down California here to see them. The Sharks is the closest trip, followed by LA, and then Anaheim.

I'm ready.

Comment

• generalmills
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by pyrrhonist
                  Amen. I'm hoping they just use the same schedule they had teased for the cancelled year, so I can make trips up and down California here to see them. The Sharks is the closest trip, followed by LA, and then Anaheim.

I'm ready.
                  you a big Madrid fan??

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by generalmills
                    you a big Madrid fan??
                    That, or a Barca hater!

Yeah, I'm a supporter. But don't have me talk of them too much right now, I'm crushed I cannot make the road trip to LA this weekend to see the team's practice in LA, or their trouncing of the Galaxy on Monday. Damn you, work.

Comment

• generalmills
                      • Sep 2003

That, or a Barca hater!

Yeah, I'm a supporter. But don't have me talk of them too much right now, I'm crushed I cannot make the road trip to LA this weekend to see the team's practice in LA, or their trouncing of the Galaxy on Monday. Damn you, work.
                      I'm a liverpool supporter. I saw Figo was heading off with them for the US tour which means that the transfer to the pool will probably not go down as it appear he has made up with the boss. Also we have Nando Morientes starting upfront now.. how was he with real? He seems to be very streaky.. he will be on one game and then off the next. Perhaps its the spanish coming out in him.ROFL. Seems like we have the Spanish national squad with Gerrard and Carra mixed in now.

To bad you cant make the trip for their match... I would love to see Becks in person. I saw Owen last year when the Reds came to Toronto... I was out of my mind excited.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

I missed hockey. I'm good for a few games!

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by generalmills
                          I'm a liverpool supporter. I saw Figo was heading off with them for the US tour which means that the transfer to the pool will probably not go down as it appear he has made up with the boss. Also we have Nando Morientes starting upfront now.. how was he with real? He seems to be very streaky.. he will be on one game and then off the next. Perhaps its the spanish coming out in him.ROFL. Seems like we have the Spanish national squad with Gerrard and Carra mixed in now.

To bad you cant make the trip for their match... I would love to see Becks in person. I saw Owen last year when the Reds came to Toronto... I was out of my mind excited.
                          I agree. I was most excited about seeing the great Ronaldo in person, as well as Zidane. I know Becks has the celebrity pomp and circumstance behind him, but I'd rather see (And possibly get autos from) Ronaldo, Zidane, or Raúl. It has pained me each and every day I see the updates on RM's site about their trip to the US. Seeing the photos of their arrival in Chicago today sucked, as I know I'd have no chance to see them in LA on Sunday. It was only $30/person to see the open practice Sunday, which included a ticket to see the Galaxy in a future game.

Liverpool, eh? I always fancied myself an Arsenal fan for the EPL....if I actually faithfully supported an EPL team. Henry is just unreal. However, I'm usually more for La Liga. I'm sure many teams in the EPL are happy that Arsenal sold Viera today, eh? The bane of the EPL these days seems to be the Abramovich-funded Blues anyways, so I'm sure the hate for Man U and Arsenal has probably subsided for many, anyhow.

As far as Morientes, I think his departure from Madrid had more to do with the arrival of the last few Galácticos than anything else. With stars like Ronaldo, Beckham, Raúl, and Owen, what place is there for a guy like Morientes? I remember him being good in the Champions League a few years back, but in league play, I think you called it right by saying he's inconsistent.

With Figo, I hope he remains, but I'm sure it'll be hard for him to stomach the bench all season again---Even if he has made up with Luxemborgo. A player of his caliber doesn't go from an everyday starter (A great one, at that) to relegated to the bench everyday. No way. The bigger question is, does he go to Liverpool, or to Serie A, instead?

Comment

• generalmills
                            • Sep 2003

I agree. I was most excited about seeing the great Ronaldo in person, as well as Zidane. I know Becks has the celebrity pomp and circumstance behind him, but I'd rather see (And possibly get autos from) Ronaldo, Zidane, or Raúl. It has pained me each and every day I see the updates on RM's site about their trip to the US. Seeing the photos of their arrival in Chicago today sucked, as I know I'd have no chance to see them in LA on Sunday. It was only $30/person to see the open practice Sunday, which included a ticket to see the Galaxy in a future game.

Liverpool, eh? I always fancied myself an Arsenal fan for the EPL....if I actually faithfully supported an EPL team. Henry is just unreal. However, I'm usually more for La Liga. I'm sure many teams in the EPL are happy that Arsenal sold Viera today, eh? The bane of the EPL these days seems to be the Abramovich-funded Blues anyways, so I'm sure the hate for Man U and Arsenal has probably subsided for many, anyhow.

As far as Morientes, I think his departure from Madrid had more to do with the arrival of the last few Galácticos than anything else. With stars like Ronaldo, Beckham, Raúl, and Owen, what place is there for a guy like Morientes? I remember him being good in the Champions League a few years back, but in league play, I think you called it right by saying he's inconsistent.

With Figo, I hope he remains, but I'm sure it'll be hard for him to stomach the bench all season again---Even if he has made up with Luxemborgo. A player of his caliber doesn't go from an everyday starter (A great one, at that) to relegated to the bench everyday. No way. The bigger question is, does he go to Liverpool, or to Serie A, instead?
                            First off, sorry guys about putting this in the hocky thread but I saw the Real symbol and could not resist talking it up.

I'm not a huge Arse fan but like you said my hatred for them has died down since the dirty money made its way to chelski. I was so down last week when Gerrard said that he wished to leave.. and due to the summer b-4 I just knew that he would end up at Chelski. Had he left for La Liga to go to Real I would not have been as upset as we have been over that with Owen. Speaking of Owen, he should see sometime on the US tour which I think will be a showcase because I cannot see him being there much longer. I think England boss Sven wishes him to play a little bit more and its just not gonna happen at Madrid with the powerhouses upfront as you had said. I can see him coming back to england and ending up with the Magpies at Newcastle.

My hatred is split now as you had mentioned. Of coarse I cannot hate anyone more than Everton but I would much rather see anyone win the EPL than Chelski. I just hate how 200 million from outside sources can buy you a championship. When Pool beat them in the Champs Semi's it was a victory for the way the game should be played in England.

Nando looked bad again yesterday against welsh minnows TNS. He set up the first Gerrard goal but he should have finished 4 or 5 times. We have major problems upfront and depend to much on Stevie (hence the hat-trick yesterday). Nando is suppose to play along side Cisse who is great but cannot do it all. Not to mention that he has been getting time on the side of mid-field and La Talec is seeing action up front(with figo the midfield would be filled and Cisse could go back upfront) and Milan Baros will probably be sold as he is just like the roadrunner who never brings his head up to finish easy goals.

Scousers who speak poorly of figo just state that he does not have the "passion" to play at Anfield but I think quite differently. The way I see it is that he will be pleased to be on the reds as he would be a mainstay in the centre along side Stevie and new signing sissoko. He still has 2 years left on his contract which I would extend for another 2 in order to keep him for a major run at the EPL title. The 2 million that you guys are asking for is totally worth it for the former footballer of the year. He is total class. I dont think Rafa will pay it though as it has come out that you guys still owe money for the owen transfer. Hopefully for me being selfish the deal will get done haha.

Comment

• chubluv
                              BillsZone bowling team MVP
                              • Jan 2003

Lets GO Sabres !!!!!!!
                              Lets Go Sabres !!!!!

We are in 5th place
                              Clump is on the IR
                              Chubluv average is 167
                              Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ